House Price Crash Forum

Can Men Wear Crocs Without Looking Like A Tit?

benthebuilder

HOLA441

It's now summertime and the search for an all round summer shoe for garden, beach etc begins.

Advocates of crocs swear by them for comfort but not sure if they are a bit girly.

Had various pairs of sandals over the years but had issues with all of them. The merrell walking sandals stank after a few days wear and some others I feel like I am holding them in place by holding my big toes up which aint the comfiest way to walk.

Please no-one suggest flip flops.

This is an important issue so please consider your answers carefully.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Sorry, it's flip flops, get the right ones and they last for year, I have also trekked in flip flops. Got a nice leather pair by reef now 3 years old, been through it all and still great.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest happy?

It's now summertime and the search for an all round summer shoe for garden, beach etc begins.

Advocates of crocs swear by them for comfort but not sure if they are a bit girly.

Had various pairs of sandals over the years but had issues with all of them. The merrell walking sandals stank after a few days wear and some others I feel like I am holding them in place by holding my big toes up which aint the comfiest way to walk.

Look. Sixty notes for a pair of beanies is fvcking silly. You know it, I know it. Anyone who pays sixty quid for those is a tit. Go down the market haggle the guy for a 10 quid pair and spend the rest of the cash in the pub watching England lose to Germany.

HOLA4416

Crocs are supposed to be diabetic shoes. I was thinking of getting a pair as there are some original ones (lots of fakes out there) going cheap in the bargain bin of my local supermarket.

Can't see how they could stink coz they are riddled with holes. That's one reason I want to get some because I sweat badly when I ride my bike, especially in summer. Upper body I can ventilate but my lower body sweats like crazy. Legs, feet and even my back-side which is why I religiously shower well each morning.

But now I've seen these babies and I want a pair:

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2009/05/07/vibram-five-fingers-shoes/

HOLA4417

lmao

no bentbuilder it isnt

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The "most boring thread ever" competition was last week!

Sorry....I missed it. I take it you won?

Thanks to everyone for your input. As I suspected....a concensus opinion that crocs make a man look like a tit. I'll give em a swerve no matter how comfy some acquaintances say they are.

Not too bothered what the Guardian says is in this summer...Alex Petridis always looks a knob in whatever garb he's pushing that week.

Cheers Geoffk and daiking for the recommends....some good looking shoes there....will investigate further.

And richyc....please don't call me bentbuilder....I haven't bought the bloody crocs!

HOLA4420

Sorry....I missed it. I take it you won?

Thanks to everyone for your input. As I suspected....a concensus opinion that crocs make a man look like a tit. I'll give em a swerve no matter how comfy some acquaintances say they are.

Not too bothered what the Guardian says is in this summer...Alex Petridis always looks a knob in whatever garb he's pushing that week.

Cheers Geoffk and daiking for the recommends....some good looking shoes there....will investigate further.

And richyc....please don't call me bentbuilder....I haven't bought the bloody crocs!

A "man" doesn't really care what he looks like or what others think of him. Would you call a big Jock in a kilt a tit???

HOLA4421

If you do want a really comfy casual shoe then fit flops are great - they really are the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned. I've got slightly dodgy knees and the fit flops have really sorted them out. I'm probably going to get myself some fit flop boots for the winter.

Must.... resist..... obvious.... joke.....

HOLA4422

You can wear these ones without looking girly

http://www.crocs.co.uk/crocs-linden-boot/10545,en_GB,pd.html?cid=060&cgid=men-footwear-boots

HOLA4423

I didn't know what they were so had to Google it. I'm sure I must have found the wrong thing because you can't seriously be asking if men can wear these without looking like a tit?

crocs_shoes.jpg

What about these ones?

10545_side_060.jpg

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest Mrs Bradley

If you do want a really comfy casual shoe then fit flops are great - they really are the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned. I've got slightly dodgy knees and the fit flops have really sorted them out. I'm probably going to get myself some fit flop boots for the winter.

Do they do the job they say ? One would hope so at that price!ohmy.gif

I could do with toning my leg muscles. They are out of condition due to having lack of exercise. I did have a dodgy knee, but it is bionic now.wink.gif

Archived