House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Refuse To Colour Uk Red?

HOLA441

On BBC "Eurozone in Crisis" interactive map (found at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10150007.stm ) it is interesting to see that the BBC couldn't bring themselves to colour code the UK red along with other damaged countries and instead has left it neutral grey.

An example is attached, showing relative deficits. The UK should be colour coded RED, 3rd behind Ireland and Greece, but they have not colour coded it. Are the masses so easily protected from the UK's fiscal reality?

UK.JPG

post-7-12760054931707_thumb.jpg

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I noticed this immediately when I viewed it previously. It straight away gives the impression that the UK is better off than everywhere else. Though, we know better don't we?

er i think its countries using the EURO, we are just shown on there as an example

HOLA446
HOLA447

er i think its countries using the EURO, we are just shown on there as an example

I understand that we are not in the Euro, and hence might actually deserve to be completely ghosted out of the graphic all-together, like Norway, Sweden, etc. But the fact is they they have included us in the comparison, without actually including us in the colour-coding. To anyone who can't count it gives the visual impression that we are better off than all of the countries that have been coloured-in, whereas in fact we are in a far worse state than most.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I understand that we are not in the Euro, and hence might actually deserve to be completely ghosted out of the graphic all-together, like Norway, Sweden, etc. But the fact is they they have included us in the comparison, without actually including us in the colour-coding. To anyone who can't count it gives the visual impression that we are better off than all of the countries that have been coloured-in, whereas in fact we are in a far worse state than most.

Tell you what i didnt realise, was that finland was using Euros, I was there only about a year ago, and I dont think that they were using Euros then... but i might be wrong, im in a different country everyday so get easily confused!!!!

HOLA4410

... but i might be wrong, im in a different country everyday so get easily confused!!!!

The trick is to look down at your feet. If the soil is a pale orange colour then you are in Italy or France, dark orange and you are probably in Spain, and if it's grey then you are in the UK. (If it's transparent and made of a glass-like substance then chances are you are in Norway or Sweden).

Hope this helps.

Edited by RJG18

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Tell you what i didnt realise, was that finland was using Euros, I was there only about a year ago, and I dont think that they were using Euros then... but i might be wrong

They were. Been in from the start. I go there a fair bit and I can't even recall using the markka, though I must have before 2002

edit: it's the only Scand. country that does though.

Edited by Mal Volio

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Tell you what i didnt realise, was that finland was using Euros, I was there only about a year ago, and I dont think that they were using Euros then... but i might be wrong, im in a different country everyday so get easily confused!!!!

You are Judith Chalmers and I claim my 5 Euros B)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

They were. Been in from the start. I go there a fair bit and I can't even recall using the markka, though I must have before 2002

edit: it's the only Scand. country that does though.

[pedant who once had a Scan girlfriend] Finland ain't Scandinavia [/pedant...]