House Price Crash Forum

Ba Strikes

Abstra

HOLA441

Because I have no interest in your system, or any fantasies about companies.

So you prefer Unions, disruption, corporate mumbo jumbo, fat salaries for lawyers etc etc etc.

It's really quite simple. A company, and I ran one for years, needs employees to operate. If a company does not provide acceptable salary and conditions, then the employees will leave and go to a company that does. Conversely, if an employee does not provide what the employer requires, then the employer should replace them with someone who does.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

So you prefer Unions, disruption, corporate mumbo jumbo, fat salaries for lawyers etc etc etc.

It's really quite simple. A company, and I ran one for years, needs employees to operate. If a company does not provide acceptable salary and conditions, then the employees will leave and go to a company that does. Conversely, if an employee does not provide what the employer requires, then the employer should replace them with someone who does.

thing is, you never let your company fall to the threats of years of Union control.

Unions have there place, sure, Mrs Loo Needs help at the mo, but to make the company uncompetitive against all others is a sure sign of weak management.

BA have made their bed. the Unions are sleeping in it.

HOLA443

I agree, except the nonsense about companies, which don't exist. Some peopel are dealing with some other people. That's all it is. There are no special flowers.

Why are you so against people downing tools to see if they can get a better offer from some other people?

In BA's case, it is extremely unlikely that they will and it's almost certan they will crash the whole business chasing that rainbow. But what's wrong with them trying?

HOLA444

I agree, except the nonsense about companies, which don't exist. Some peopel are dealing with some other people. That's all it is. There are no special flowers.

Why are you so against people downing tools to see if they can get a better offer from some other people?

In BA's case, it is extremely unlikely that they will and it's almost certan they will crash the whole business chasing that rainbow. But what's wrong with them trying?

You don't need to down tools, go and see your boss and ask for more money, the two of you negotiate and if you reach an agreement, you stay, if not you leave and he's left with the hassle of replacing you.

HOLA445

You don't need to down tools, go and see your boss and ask for more money, the two of you negotiate and if you reach an agreement, you stay, if not you leave and he's left with the hassle of replacing you.

Mrs Loo would love to do this, but the job pages are thin.

HOLA446

Why is the "boss" the fixed point in this state of affairs?

he's just some guy, same as anyone else.

Go to negotiate, one guy is unreasonable, time for him to get either up his offer of get offski. What's wrong with that?

Why do you want to give up all power to one side of what should be a bilateral agreement?

HOLA447
How much do you think they earn

The actual answer to your question is their salaries vary very widely.

Some of the longer term cabin staff are lucky enough to be on the old contracts, and they get paid a lot of money i.e. up to 50K. Arguably they are over paid, but that's the contract they were offered and signed.

More recent cabin crew are on the "new contracts" and are paid dramatically lower wages, more like 15K with some allowances depending on where they fly etc. These people are not paid well, but their perks are considered the big bonus. They don't get free flights btw, the flights they get are at a reduced rate but only "stand by". This means they get a seat if there are empty seats available. This does the airline a favour as well as the staff by filling an otherwise empty seat. A reduced rate is better than nothing at all.

Hope that helps.

HOLA448

Why is the "boss" the fixed point in this state of affairs?

he's just some guy, same as anyone else.

Go to negotiate, one guy is unreasonable, time for him to get either up his offer of get offski. What's wrong with that?

Why do you want to give up all power to one side of what should be a bilateral agreement?

The boss is the employer, the owner of the company or any such person (manager) that the owner of the company may wish to appoint.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

The boss is the employer, the owner of the company or any such person (manager) that the owner of the company may wish to appoint.

There are just people, doing stuff,

So one guy offers something to someone and they aren't allowed to say no because the guy doing the offering has a magical title that lets him have special powers, is that what you are trying to tell me?

HOLA4411

Sorry to hear that Mrs Loo has problems :(.

thanks for the vote.

its easy to see this from the outside, its easy to see what to do, but inside, there is an unfair power in favour of the employer with most jobs.

It would help if there was a "power" one could go to for advice and help, a police force for workers, but there isnt. your course is, as you rightly say, attempt to negotiate, and if that doesnt work the tribunals...but that seems inevitably to lead to no job and a fight.

HOLA4412

because they will demand the government hold an Ak47 to my head to rob me to prevent their company from going bust?

HOLA4413

because they will demand the government hold an Ak47 to my head to rob me to prevent their company from going bust?

Well at that point hey will be definitely in the wrong. But there's nowt wrong with downing tools, surely?

HOLA4414
Guest tbatst2000

I disagree, if they don't like the job they should go elsewhere. Downing tools whilst being paid to do a job of work is basically theft.

What tools do cabin crew have to down?

HOLA4415

There are just people, doing stuff,

So one guy offers something to someone and they aren't allowed to say no because the guy doing the offering has a magical title that lets him have special powers, is that what you are trying to tell me?

If I own the company that you work for and appoint a manager that you report to then if you want to discuss your conditions of employment, you do it with the manager, who is acting as my intermediary between me and my employees.

HOLA4416

If I own the company that you work for and appoint a manager that you report to then if you want to discuss your conditions of employment, you do it with the manager, who is acting as my intermediary between me and my employees.

I don't believe in companies, sorry.

You've asked a guy to talk to me and I don't like him much, why don't I get to refuse to talk to him?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I don't believe in companies, sorry.

You've asked a guy to talk to me and I don't like him much, why don't I get to refuse to talk to him?

Believe me, companies exist see www.companieshouse.gov.uk.

If you refuse to talk to the guy that I have appointed as your manager, then you can always leave. If I find that a significant number of employees reporting to that manager are leaving then I will probably investigate and that manager may end up leaving.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Believe me, companies exist see www.companieshouse.gov.uk.

No, they don't. That's just evidence of believers and the fact that you have to link that proves there is no such thing.

If you refuse to talk to the guy that I have appointed as your manager, then you can always leave. If I find that a significant number of employees reporting to that manager are leaving then I will probably investigate and that manager may end up leaving.

Well, why do I have to leave?

Why don't you leave?

Why is your assumption that you can keep putting out these shitty, one sided deals and i'll just sit and nod and take it based on you claimign you have spcial abilities I don't have because you have a magic hat called "employer" on?

HOLA4424

No, they don't. That's just evidence of believers and the fact that you have to link that proves there is no such thing.

Why don't you leave?

Why is your assumption that you can keep putting out these shitty, one sided deals and i'll just sit and nod and take it based on you claimign you have spcial abilities I don't have because you have a magic hat called "employer" on?

gotcha..

how can you leave something that doesnt exist?

HOLA4425

Why don't you leave?

Because I own the company :rolleyes:.

You don't have to work for me if you don't want to, but if you do it will be under my terms.

If my deals are so shitty, then I will soon have no employees, no company, and I may approach you for a job.

Archived