House Price Crash Forum

Quickquid - I Thought This Was A Joke

HOLA441
HOLA442

I've seen it a few times since Christmas, usually on Dave. They do say:

"Payday advances should be used for short-term financial needs only, not as a long-term financial solution. Customers with credit difficulties should seek credit counselling."

On the website though, I notice this bit is in very small print at the bottom.

HOLA443

I've seen it a few times since Christmas, usually on Dave. They do say:

"Payday advances should be used for short-term financial needs only, not as a long-term financial solution. Customers with credit difficulties should seek credit counselling."

On the website though, I notice this bit is in very small print at the bottom.

if i lend you £100 today on the agreement you pay me £101 back tomorrow you'd think it was an ok deal, right? Assuming you needed the money for a short-term need.

What do you think the APR is on this deal that sounds pretty good and does serve a purpose?

A. 38%

B. 380%

C. 3800%

edit: I agree though that the people that use these services are almost certainly storing up huge problems for themselves, but the loan itself isn't a bad rate for such a short-term agreement.

Edited by arby1

HOLA444
HOLA445

Alarmingly they refer on the home page to helping "hard working Britons".

You don't think you-know-who could be involved, do you? :o

EDIT: I'm not convinced that girl needs to be paying 2000+% to lay her hands on £400 quickly.

Edited by bogbrush

HOLA446

Words failed me - an unusual event some might say - when I saw this lot advertising on TV last night.

http://www.quickquid.co.uk/fee-schedule.html

Truly the nation is lost if they are successful enough to advertise on TV.

Sounds fair, they need to cover them selves against Gordons ever disintegrating pound, they could get 1 quid back a day later being worth less than a yen

HOLA447

Sounds fair, they need to cover them selves against Gordons ever disintegrating pound, they could get 1 quid back a day later being worth less than a yen

Sounds fair to me too. I cant see how anyone using one of these loans is ever going to feel inclined to pay it back. You need that super high rate of interest to pay the boys to put the pressure on when collecting. That sort of treatment doesnt come cheap.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Ah yes the free market again. Should be outlawed and directors disembowelled.

Is it? , in Hong Kong which is uber capitalism, APR isn't allowed to be more than either 70% or 170% I forget which one. A pretty famous case was a woman who loaned out at over 9000% APR was put into prison, she stated that she was doing her clients a favor by offering such low rates.

HOLA4410
Guest happy?

Sounds like a very expensive free market to me. And we all know what happens when the banksters got their way with a free market - apparently it corrected itself at my expense...

HOLA4411

Sadly missing the point entirely. The problem isn't that there's someone out there offering this garbage, it's that there are people so hopelessly confused as to buy it. It's a bit like drug dealers; they are incidental - the real problem is there are people who want to stuff chemicals down their mouths to create positive feelings.

As I said at the start; "Truly the nation is lost if they are successful enough to advertise on TV. "

HOLA4412

Sounds like a very expensive free market to me. And we all know what happens when the banksters got their way with a free market - apparently it corrected itself at my expense...

If only the bankers did exist in a free market we'd be ok. If we start by removing the monopoly on currency for a kick off they mostly go out of business overnight.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416