House Price Crash Forum

Any Software Developers Want Work

HOLA441
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Sorry for the spam, but we're still hiring here and you could make me a few quid.

Anyone looking for work as a software developer can you PM me?

No specific requirements; you just need to be smart and have some knowledge/experience of development.

Just make sure your extra clear about the timings of telephone interviews ;p I said I was free until 2pm but not after, but someone from the OPs company rang me just after 2pm when I was in the dentists! Tried to re-arrange an interview but gave up in the end. It does sound like an interesting job, especially if your a maths head and already live in London....

HOLA443

Just make sure your extra clear about the timings of telephone interviews ;p I said I was free until 2pm but not after, but someone from the OPs company rang me just after 2pm when I was in the dentists! Tried to re-arrange an interview but gave up in the end. It does sound like an interesting job, especially if your a maths head and already live in London....

Sorry about that.

Want to try again?

A "maths head" is by no means required (my maths stopped at A-level)... but it might help.

HOLA444

Sorry about that.

Want to try again?

A "maths head" is by no means required (my maths stopped at A-level)... but it might help.

Nahh thanks though. I was looking for a development manager/team leader position at the time, I landed something closer with lots of room for growth :)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Sorry for the spam, but we're still hiring here and you could make me a few quid.

Anyone looking for work as a software developer can you PM me?

No specific requirements; you just need to be smart and have some knowledge/experience of development.

How about COBOL, 12 years experience, last used 16 years ago? :lol:

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Never heard of her ;-)

Agusta Ada, Countess of Lovelace, daughter of Lord Byron. Language was developed for US DoD. It was intended to be to common language for all DoD projects. Considered, along with Pascal, by some people to be a bondage language, meant to keep programmers under control. And just to prove that computer people have a sense of humour there is a language called Linda.

HOLA4416

Agusta Ada, Countess of Lovelace, daughter of Lord Byron. Language was developed for US DoD. It was intended to be to common language for all DoD projects. Considered, along with Pascal, by some people to be a bondage language, meant to keep programmers under control. And just to prove that computer people have a sense of humour there is a language called Linda.

Yup, "design by committee" languages are frowned upon here. We go for fast delivery, many bugs...

HOLA4417

as a fellow student once said to me, ada, she's one strict bitch

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Wasn't Ada the product of an incestuous union?

dont know? its good for teaching students basic programming as it forces them not to being lazy. Ada was the language used on the ariane rockets, it was an ada bug that caused one of them to veer off path and explode. (They used the software written for the ariane 4 on the ariane 5 ;), without testing the software on the new rocket woops)

http://en.wikipedia....ne_5_Flight_501

HOLA4420

Yup, "design by committee" languages are frowned upon here. We go for fast delivery, many bugs...

Sounds very much like my current company. Boss told me off the other day, he said it was good quality work but wonders if I make overly robust software. Usually we have issue lists as long as my body in Arial, 12pt. I have 1 issue in my box and it's been there for about 6 months (not pressing).

HOLA4421

dont know? its good for teaching students basic programming as it forces them not to being lazy.  Ada was the language used on the ariane rockets, it was an ada bug that caused one of them to veer off path and explode.  (They used the software written for the ariane 4 on the ariane 5 ;), without testing the software on the new rocket woops)

http://en.wikipedia....ne_5_Flight_501

No I mean Ada Lovelace herself ;-)

Seems I was wrong...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_byron

HOLA4422

Sounds very much like my current company. Boss told me off the other day, he said it was good quality work but wonders if I make overly robust software. Usually we have issue lists as long as my body in Arial, 12pt. I have 1 issue in my box and it's been there for about 6 months (not pressing).

Does your company get paid for support?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Does your company get paid for support?

We have a large support network and there are many mouths to feed. I assume yes for the moment. I think this is what they mean when they say the clients pay for their yearly licenses. I have asked the CTO if we charge for such things, now just have to wait until he loads up his MSN. We don't talk voice here, MSN is king, sad but true.

Archived