HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

If I remember correctly Fujitsu IT Services in Manchester deals with a lot of outsourced IT dept.

So if your a company who outsourced your IT dept to Fujitsu I wonder what service you can expect when

1200 jobs are cut.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
An acquaintance of mine works for Jet2 as a trolly dolly (don't tell her I said that) and she has been informed that staff are being asked to work fewer hours. Surely that means fewer flights too?

She will probably just be employed for take off and landing. The time in the middle is her own.

HOLA4411
An acquaintance of mine works for Jet2 as a trolly dolly (don't tell her I said that) and she has been informed that staff are being asked to work fewer hours. Surely that means fewer flights too?

Probably just seasonal?

They're expanding in Newcastle: LINK

I wonder if Newcastle is wise?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

In GC1, the Beeb used to report the job losses daily with a map and graphics.

I guess, after the holidays, we shall see this again.

green shoots are a mirage. you walk towards them to see they are job eating reptiles.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
My father-in-law works in IT for Fujitsu. All the remaining staff have had their pensions frozen too. No more contributions allowed for existing staff. This happened before the redundancy announcements.

Fujitsu in trouble?

they used to be the no2 in the world of IT..behind everything that IBM wasnt.

HOLA4416

green shoots are a mirage. you walk towards them to see they are job eating reptiles.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/finance...job-losses.html

Telegraph did too...

But I think they were told off for it... or sacked the person doing it :)

HOLA4417

It'll start as soon as the Tories are back in.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
My father-in-law works in IT for Fujitsu. All the remaining staff have had their pensions frozen too. No more contributions allowed for existing staff. This happened before the redundancy announcements.

Fujitsu in trouble?

FJ have their fingers in too many pies to be allowed to fail (they could be asset stripped I 'spose). E.g. they are one of two main suppliers of the telecomm's kit that goes into BTs exchange network. This post almost certainly travelled via FJ telecomm's kit at least part of the way.

Anecdote: I worked for a part of FJ last year when Gordon B came a visiting to celebrate the UK's international trading links and the success of foreign co's in the UK. About a month later they laid off about 20% of the workforce! Honestly, Brown has the anti-Midas touch!

PS: The other main supplier to BT for out telecomm's needs is Huawei of China - a choice that caused the UK's Marconi to implode in 2005 - thanks a bunch NuLab for looking after British hi-techs interest!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421