House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
anotherdatamoney

Fujitsu Unit To Cut 1,200 Uk Jobs

I wonder if they need a consultant.

Still making money but profit margins not good enough. Oh well, time to chuck people out of work then if it means the fatcats don't get their margin.

Translation: We're cutting people because we can get away with it in a recession.

For balance, let's remember Sainsbury's says it's creating 10,000 Xmas jobs and up to 1000 might be permanent!

Angleterre; a nation of shelf-stackers.

For balance, let's remember Sainsbury's says it's creating 10,000 Xmas jobs and up to 1000 might be permanent!

Angleterre; a nation of shelf-stackers.

Is that the knowledge based economy in full swing?

Graduates shelf stacking.

If I remember correctly Fujitsu IT Services in Manchester deals with a lot of outsourced IT dept.

So if your a company who outsourced your IT dept to Fujitsu I wonder what service you can expect when

1200 jobs are cut.

An acquaintance of mine works for Jet2 as a trolly dolly (don't tell her I said that) and she has been informed that staff are being asked to work fewer hours. Surely that means fewer flights too?

An acquaintance of mine works for Jet2 as a trolly dolly (don't tell her I said that) and she has been informed that staff are being asked to work fewer hours. Surely that means fewer flights too?

She will probably just be employed for take off and landing. The time in the middle is her own.

Probably just seasonal?

They're expanding in Newcastle: LINK

I wonder if Newcastle is wise?

In GC1, the Beeb used to report the job losses daily with a map and graphics.

I guess, after the holidays, we shall see this again.

green shoots are a mirage. you walk towards them to see they are job eating reptiles.

My father-in-law works in IT for Fujitsu. All the remaining staff have had their pensions frozen too. No more contributions allowed for existing staff. This happened before the redundancy announcements.

Fujitsu in trouble?

My father-in-law works in IT for Fujitsu. All the remaining staff have had their pensions frozen too. No more contributions allowed for existing staff. This happened before the redundancy announcements.

Fujitsu in trouble?

they used to be the no2 in the world of IT..behind everything that IBM wasnt.

green shoots are a mirage. you walk towards them to see they are job eating reptiles.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/finance...job-losses.html

Telegraph did too...

But I think they were told off for it... or sacked the person doing it :)

It'll start as soon as the Tories are back in.

Fujitsu in trouble?

FJ have their fingers in too many pies to be allowed to fail (they could be asset stripped I 'spose). E.g. they are one of two main suppliers of the telecomm's kit that goes into BTs exchange network. This post almost certainly travelled via FJ telecomm's kit at least part of the way.

Anecdote: I worked for a part of FJ last year when Gordon B came a visiting to celebrate the UK's international trading links and the success of foreign co's in the UK. About a month later they laid off about 20% of the workforce! Honestly, Brown has the anti-Midas touch!

PS: The other main supplier to BT for out telecomm's needs is Huawei of China - a choice that caused the UK's Marconi to implode in 2005 - thanks a bunch NuLab for looking after British hi-techs interest!

They are a major government contractor (DVLA, MOD, Lloyds Banking Group ;) ), could this be a sign of government reigning in budgets? Maybe worth watching other major government suppliers like Capita or Veolia.