House Price Crash Forum

Advanced Robotics Soon To Replace Even More Human Labour

Guest BoomBoomCrash

HOLA441
Guest BoomBoomCrash

New generation stuff due in the next few years will use nanotube based artifice muscle that will makes these things quicker, rodoculously strong, and able to work in environments from -100 to +800 degrees C.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

New generation stuff due in the next few years will use nanotube based artifice muscle that will makes these things quicker, rodoculously strong, and able to work in environments from -100 to +800 degrees C.

Shame we won't be able to afford the products they make as we will be redundant!

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest BoomBoomCrash
Another thread by boomboom implying that the use of tools makes human life impossible.

Nope, but we will need a citizens wage.

HOLA449
Nope, but we will need a citizens wage.

I agree. The govt should stop trying so hard for full employment.

http://www.zpub.com/notes/idle.html

Like most of my generation, I was brought up on the saying: 'Satan finds some mischief for idle hands to do.' Being a highly virtuous child, I believed all that I was told, and acquired a conscience which has kept me working hard down to the present moment. But although my conscience has controlled my actions, my opinions have undergone a revolution. I think that there is far too much work done in the world, that immense harm is caused by the belief that work is virtuous, and that what needs to be preached in modern industrial countries is quite different from what always has been preached. Everyone knows the story of the traveler in Naples who saw twelve beggars lying in the sun (it was before the days of Mussolini), and offered a lira to the laziest of them. Eleven of them jumped up to claim it, so he gave it to the twelfth. this traveler was on the right lines. But in countries which do not enjoy Mediterranean sunshine idleness is more difficult, and a great public propaganda will be required to inaugurate it. I hope that, after reading the following pages, the leaders of the YMCA will start a campaign to induce good young men to do nothing. If so, I shall not have lived in vain.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest BoomBoomCrash
They'll need to add an 'answering customer queries with off-hand indifference' function before it can identically replicate my staff and send them off to Job Centre Plus.

The contempt you have for your staff is poorly disguised. I hope they never find out how they are referred to here as you may end up dumped in a canal with your throat slit.

HOLA4414
The contempt you have for your staff is poorly disguised. I hope they never find out how they are referred to here as you may end up dumped in a canal with your throat slit.

I'II be alright as long as I don't leave a clear and simple set of instructions of how to carry this out lying around and, even then, it's borderline, based on past experience, TBH.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

'Tis interesting to wonder what will happen if/when robots are able to do everything humans need to live; manage robotic farms, construct houses autonomously, etc.

Will we all be left in a Star-Trek like utopia able to follow our hobbies at will? Or will we all be left in pointless busywork, trying to sell eachother gimmicks and gadgets for the sole profit of the owners of these robotic fabs/the land these fabs sit on?

HOLA4419
'Tis interesting to wonder what will happen if/when robots are able to do everything humans need to live; manage robotic farms, construct houses autonomously, etc.

Will we all be left in a Star-Trek like utopia able to follow our hobbies at will? Or will we all be left in pointless busywork, trying to sell eachother gimmicks and gadgets for the sole profit of the owners of these robotic fabs/the land these fabs sit on?

Well, if it was their sole profit, why would we do it? If if it was purely for their profit, wouldn't it better to do something for ourselves and forget them?..

Edited by Stars

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I see terminators roaming the land eliminating the unemployed. They will move too fast, be too strong, be too accurate for a mere human to even see them. In the blink of an eye it will have pounced. Here is a vid of such a robot

Edited by thod

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I for a while and not that long ago was a robotic analyst.

Robotics alas never lived up to its expectation, certainly not the public's or Hollywood's expectation. When all is said and done, robots are still stupid, and will never compete with 1 billion Chinese people working for between ok and ****** all. Computer aided machine vision has made them better at seeing, but they will never assemble like a human or semi-automation for the vast majority of man-made products.

Honda have spent what 100 million on just making a robot walk. MIT have barely got one to fake the look of a human. And we're running out of energy apparently, so i-robot, that optimistic idea of future prowess..... will never happen.