House Price Crash Forum

You Should Work Until Your 70, So I Can Retire At 60

HOLA441
Guest absolutezero
If your lucky you get to work finding food - if your unlucky, those who blame the government and those who work for it get a noose tied round their necks.

I wish I'd have bought shares in Bacofoil ten years ago. :rolleyes:

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest absolutezero
Then you live on handouts from people around you, or you sell trinkets at the side of the road or something.

Just like the rest of the 3rd world.

:rolleyes:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest absolutezero
You are entitled to your opinion - I'd also say you are nieve in thinking that the public would accept working till they died to support a priveledged public sector in youthfull retirement.

What makes you think the public have a choice?

We don't really live in a democracy, you know.

HOLA4412

I think this country can afford to keep paying public sector pensions indefinitely, just as it can continue to pay the state pension.

The answer for both will be to increase the age at which that pension becomes payable in order to balance the books. For the state pension this will probably be around 70. For public sector pensions which cost more it will need to be a little higher, say 80.

An added bonus will be that an extra generation of children will benefit from the knowledge and experience of those teachers that have to carry on working 20 years longer than they anticipated. Similar examples will apply in other areas. In addition, those workers will not mind working the additional years due to their unflinching sense of public duty.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

At least every five years they get a choice <_<

The current red hot favourites for election next year like picking fights with highly unionised workers and balancing budgets ;)

Enjoy funding your own pension sonny....

HOLA4415
Guest absolutezero
Laffer curve.

And dictators can't change the laws of physics, or self interest.

You ain't getting paid. Make other arrangements.

I will get paid. Make no mistake.

And I am making my own arrangements too.

HOLA4416
Guest absolutezero
At least every five years they get a choice <_<

The current red hot favourites for election next year like picking fights with highly unionised workers and balancing budgets ;)

Enjoy funding your own pension sonny....

They get no choice at all!

The blues will lose the fight. Guaranteed. They need the state workers on their side.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest absolutezero
Not the retired ones. ;)

And you think the employed ones will keep being faithful if they see what happens to you when you're no longer useful?

Dream on!

HOLA4419
And you think the employed ones will keep being faithful if they see what happens to you when you're no longer useful?

Dream on!

yes, theyll go on strike, and find a proportion of their pay is now in vouchers.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Dream on!

It's happened every other systemic collapse, everywhere and everywhen it's happened.

:)

Back room deals are done with everyone important, the rank and file wave placards and get paid nowt, the pensioners are stuffed and the debt is defaulted on.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest absolutezero
It's happened every other systemic collapse, everywhere and everywhen it's happened.

"Past performance is not a guide to future performance".

HOLA4424

You think that because you are relatively better off (than the private sector) that things will remain that way?

Deluded.

I feel sorry for you because you will be dissapointed. Keep making those other provisions - you'll need them.

HOLA4425
Guest absolutezero
You think that because you are relatively better off (than the private sector) that things will remain that way?

Deluded.

I feel sorry for you because you will be dissapointed. Keep making those other provisions - you'll need them.

Thank you for your advice.