House Price Crash Forum

Excellent News - Uk Imports Another Heroin Smuggler

Bob Loblaw

HOLA441
Feel free to PM me. As to smoking: what helped me was working in a hospice and seeing how smokers can end up. It isn't pretty and it is a helluva way to go. Chew gum instead. You might get tum ulcers but those can heal...lung cancer can't.

Hi Jess,

I worked in a hospice too, 1n 1983!!!!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest AuntJess
Im not trying to justify consumption - drugs are a mugs game.

But the evidence is conclusive - prohibition don't work either.

or Perhaps it does - could you cite any examples from round the world? ;)

As you may have seen if you read my posts, people take these substances to disappear into a fantasy world 'cos their world isn't nice/fair etc enough.

Social reform is what is needed. Not letting the whole country sink into a twilight zone.

As a 'mind' professional for number of years now, I don't think feeding fantasies or pandering to weaknesses is a good idea. It doesn't build communities, or families... and drugs - whether prescription or not - ultimately rot your liver and/or kidneys and b*gger your brain up.

We have an incredible nervous system which can deal with most ills that befall us. Ask the lady who had a Caesarean section whilst under hypnosis.

As for prohibition, there are many things that are against the law, and they are thus for a good reason. Do you now suggest we legalise certain activities, just so we won't have to police them?

Does making rape or robbery illegal work? It works insofar as it prevents society from harming itself. Do you really think that legalising drugs will stop crime? WHO will buy it? How will they afford it?..Crime isn't down to drugs being illegal, it is down to them being too expensive for the crack heads to afford, so they steal and mug, and 'cos drugs cause psychoses they will turn into monsters, the like of which will make Jack N in 'the shining' seem like Father Christmas.

This is me done now. I brought up my kids right and probably taught your parent's generation. It is someone else's job to get the youth of today's heads on straight. I have done my bit, I reckon. As Al Pacino said in 'Scent of a Woman'

"I am too old, too tired and too f*cking blind"**

**For 'blind read' "dispirited". :huh:

I also have some empathy with him when he said " If I were the man I was 10 years ago, I'd take a flame thrower to this place"

This place being the House of Commons and all the seats of left-wing liberalism which have stemmed from a Communist infiltration years ago, IMO. It has brought this country down to the level of a third world country in a bloodless coup....well so far bloodless, but time, as always, will tell.

HOLA443
Guest anorthosite
I think you are trying to justify the consumption of a dangerous substance which destroys individuals and society. Dunno what the buzz phrase is for that, guess there aint' one. It is just plain common sense.

But you have just self- selected for one of the two camps. :rolleyes:

Would you ban alcohol?

HOLA444
Guest AuntJess
Hi Jess,

I worked in a hospice too, 1n 1983!!!!

Yes.It should be compulsory for all those who want to abuse their bodies with alien substances. God knows it is rotten end for those who have looked after their health, but who have have been unlucky enough to drawn the short straw in the health lottery. :(

HOLA445
Guest AuntJess
Would you ban alcohol?

I ought to say yes as it is the UKs biggest drug problem. The real problem is that is has been peddled as a social substance for so long. Rites of passage and issues of manhood are intertwined in imbibing thereof. I think education to show the problems and restricting the sale is better. There will always be underground sales of banned stuff. I think that booze is so wrapped around our cultural traditions - specially yours - you wee Scotty! :P . So it won't be easy.

Social reform will reduce the need for people to disappear into fairyland, but a good bit of it is the pleasure-seeking culture which has developed over the last 25 or so years .

My daughter was only commenting recently on how kids today need wall-to-wall stimulation or they complain of boredom.

Why? P'raps 'cos they've been reared on TV and vid games etc. They have had incessant stimulation and now crave it.

HOLA446
Guest anorthosite
I ought to say yes as it is the UKs biggest drug problem. The real problem is that is has been peddled as a social substance for so long. Rites of passage and issues of manhood are intertwined in imbibing thereof. I think education to show the problems and restricting the sale is better. There will always be underground sales of banned stuff. I think that booze is so wrapped around our cultural traditions - specially yours - you wee Scotty! :P . So it won't be easy.

Social reform will reduce the need for people to disappear into fairyland, but a good bit of it is the pleasure-seeking culture which has develkped over the last 25 or so years .

My daughter was only commenting recently on how kids today need wall-to-wall stimulation or they complain of boredom.

Why? P'raps 'cos they've been reared on TV and vid games etc. They have had incessant stimulation and now crave it.

Do you ever drink alcohol yourself?

I may be Scottish, but I never do BTW.

HOLA447
Guest AuntJess
Yes such is the social injustice of the UK my friend.

Where I lived in the UK, the road, most were 'drug rehab centres'. Hilarious. What a scam. I was good friends with one of the owners who was shocked at the hand outs these were getting. £200 a week was typical, cash, add to that the council paid rent and food and other bits and pieces.

Years ago when I was running the UK's biggest land regen project at the time (I was 25, worked 14 hours a day, had no social life), I used to return home sometimes (job was 200 miles away, took 6-8 hours to get home usually) and take abuse off these tossers. They were on more money than I was. Living in places I could not afford, paid for by the likes of me. All because they had opted to screw up their lives.

You might see why I can be a little right wing sometimes.

This will increase with age when you realise that:

A) All politicians and systems ARE right wing - they just sell it differently.

B) Some forms of right-wing are infinitely preferable to others.Don't believe the twits who label everything from Hitler to John Major, as all the same right-wingedness.

C) Left-wing ideology is for students and dreamers. It doesn't translate to real life.

HOLA448
Guest AuntJess
Do you ever drink alcohol yourself?

I may be Scottish, but I never do BTW.

I do, at Christmas and celebrations but I don't get hammered. Just a glass or two.

I did drink a bit more when I was young, but never bingeing the way they do today. Cinzano and lemonade or summat similar. I don't need artificial stimulants to get me going - I am not that inhibited that I need to get bladdered before I can let my hair down.

My hobbies weren't sitting in a smoky pub, guzzling booze imagining I was a 'big girl now' My teens I spent ballroom dancing, singing lessons, jazz ballet and being in Am Dram. Active pursuits not passive ones. Drinking then would have ruined my voice - except for port!! :P

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest DisposableHeroes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8188058.stm

Excellent news indeed, just what the UK needs, another Nigerian drug smuggler and her illegitimate child. Noticed on BBC news her Nigerian mother, in full traditional British dress, could hardly keep her face straight when asked if she thought her daughter was guilty.

Silly sods...and brreeeaaath.

HOLA4411
Guest AuntJess
Nothing like a good 'coke and poke' night mind you.

Happily I have never needed a belt of coke to enjoy a poke - I guesss I never realised how some rely on it for their sex life! :huh:

Maybe it is all the oestrogens in the water system. :(

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest Parry aka GOD
Happily I have never needed a belt of coke to enjoy a poke - I guesss I never realised how some rely on it for their sex life! :huh:

Maybe it is all the oestrogens in the water system. :(

I'm jokin' Aunty!

Although, should I ever actually get laid again (married, seperated, thankfully) I may require the assistance of pills blue.

HOLA4414
As you may have seen if you read my posts, people take these substances to disappear into a fantasy world 'cos their world isn't nice/fair etc enough.

Social reform is what is needed. Not letting the whole country sink into a twilight zone.

As a 'mind' professional for number of years now, I don't think feeding fantasies or pandering to weaknesses is a good idea. It doesn't build communities, or families... and drugs - whether prescription or not - ultimately rot your liver and/or kidneys and b*gger your brain up.

We have an incredible nervous system which can deal with most ills that befall us. Ask the lady who had a Caesarean section whilst under hypnosis.

As for prohibition, there are many things that are against the law, and they are thus for a good reason. Do you now suggest we legalise certain activities, just so we won't have to police them?

Does making rape or robbery illegal work? It works insofar as it prevents society from harming itself. Do you really think that legalising drugs will stop crime? WHO will buy it? How will they afford it?..Crime isn't down to drugs being illegal, it is down to them being too expensive for the crack heads to afford, so they steal and mug, and 'cos drugs cause psychoses they will turn into monsters, the like of which will make Jack N in 'the shining' seem like Father Christmas.

This is me done now. I brought up my kids right and probably taught your parent's generation. It is someone else's job to get your head on straight. I have done my bit, I reckon. As Al Pacino said in 'Scent of a Woman'

"I am too old, too tired and too f*cking blind"**

**For 'blind read' "dispirited". :huh:

I also have some empathy with him when he said " If I were the man I was 10 years ago, I'd take a flame thrower to this place"

This place being the House of Commons and all the seats of left-wing liberalism which have stemmed from a Communist infiltration years ago, IMO. It has brought this country down to the level of a third world country in a bloodless coup....well so far bloodless, but time, as always, will tell.

Rape or burglary is an automatic assault on someone elses rights. However should I chose to snort coke providing I don't drive under the influence or assault or steal then I am doing no one any harm / potential harm- thats the difference.

Cocaine, Heroin, etc are cheap to manufacture - if you allow a legitimate supply to those who wish to use it you take out the criminality from the usage because in general there is no need to steal or rob to fund the habit.

I am in no way suggesting these products are harmless but they are less harmful to society IMO if decriminalised and supply is regulated.

tobacco, amyl nitrate, magic mushrooms, and glue are all legal and readily available but I like most people chose not to use these products for their recreational effect

We are losing the battle on drugs - the streets are awash. IMO time to find a different way without the gangs, weapons, inordinate amounts of tax money going into fighting it

HOLA4415
I'm jokin' Aunty!

Although, should I ever actually get laid again (married, seperated, thankfully) I may require the assistance of pills blue.

Reminds me of that fim the business

Gangster says to Danny Dyer character - whats it feel like then (having taking coke for the first time

DD - great - I cant move me neck and me ****'s shrunk

HOLA4416
Guest Parry aka GOD
Rape or burglary is an automatic assault on someone elses rights. However should I chose to snort coke providing I don't drive under the influence or assault or steal then I am doing no one any harm / potential harm- thats the difference.

Cocaine, Heroin, etc are cheap to manufacture - if you allow a legitimate supply to those who wish to use it you take out the criminality from the usage because in general there is no need to steal or rob to fund the habit.

I am in no way suggesting these products are harmless but they are less harmful to society IMO if decriminalised and supply is regulated.

tobacco, amyl nitrate, magic mushrooms, and glue are all legal and readily available but I like most people chose not to use these products for their recreational effect

We are losing the battle on drugs - the streets are awash. IMO time to find a different way without the gangs, weapons, inordinate amounts of tax money going into fighting it

Correct. Prohibition in the 1930's created the American Mafia. Or at least financed it to become so powerful it could ultimately control government.

HOLA4417
Guest AuntJess

How would you regulate drugs? Who would regulate them? what would it cost to do this? It is difficult enough regulating legal drugs.Criminal cartels would be trying to steal drugs from the reputed sources. What makes you think legalising drugs would cost less or significantly change anything?

Yours is a pipe dream, I have to say.

HOLA4418
How would you regulate drugs? Who would regulate them? what would it cost to do this? It is difficult enough regulating legal drugs.Criminal cartels would be trying to steal drugs from the reputed sources. What makes you think legalising drugs would cost less or significantly change anything?

pretty sure that was an argument used by alcohol prohibitionists too; cigarettes and alcohol are both regulated legal drugs.

I think the argument for legalising drugs is that prohibition is the reason criminals get involved in drugs (and therefore cost billions to combat) and legalisation would save those costs and provide tax revenue.

California are on the verge of potentially legalising it's biggest cash crop (marijuana, worth $14 billion a year) in order to shore up it's fractured finances (or at least are seriously discussing it.

Not sure I buy into your idea that criminal cartels would be trying to steal from reputable sources any more than they do with alcohol.

I don't entirely agree with legalisation of drugs but it's an extremely complex subject and equally I'm not convinced it can be dismissed out of hand either.

Presiences idea of killing all drug dealers doesn't seem to have been an unqualified success in other countries that have tried it.

HOLA4419

Easy - most recreational drugs originate from pharmaceutical products. I suspect even LSD has been synthesised with a view to some form of medical use.

Allow bonefide manufacturers to produce the drugs and retail through licensed chemists with strict conditions on sale like there are on tobacco and alcohol.

There are already the regulatory bodies in place so its not like you have to create new ones.

Whose going to buy drugs from criminals when you can buy them from licensed chemists - which already have controlled drugs on site (morphine, codeine, methadone, etc).

My father is a retired pharmacist who most his working life took the prohibition view - but now accepts it doesnt work and legalisation and regulation would be the lesser of two evils.

As for the cost of drugs well coke and heroin are readily available natural products. Most final year Pharmacologists could synthesis E with fairly standard lab equipment. The drugs cost very little to manufacture - it is the restriction on supply through the hands of criminals that creates the price premium.

Finally place a reasonable tax on the products and you have a revenue stream for treatment / education. At present that 'revenue goes straight into the hands of criminal gangs ' Plus you save enormous sums on policing because you no longer have drugs related crime or the need to catch dealers (because they will no longer exist in any significant numbers).

I would say your view is a pipe dream - you seem to think the current system is working :blink:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
I WANT TO BUY MY SMACK IN TESCO so I can get points on my clubcard. I can also use the home delivery option, so it will be just like the bengali boys down in E1 delivering the "onions" on mopeds.

Why not - Tescos often have licensed chemists on site and you get reward points for buying stuff OTC :P

HOLA4422

Shame some of you liberals are not presently watching Louis Therroux's prog on BBC2: about Crystal Meth addiction in Fresno..........

Of course the decriminalise drugs mob always seem to so conveniently avoid the reality that drugs tend to be mind and behavioural altering substances and mean invariably the determined addict will still not be able to afford to purchase them with their sub-social life pattern, but will continue their life of crime for their fix..............

As winos do when nicking bottles of booze or trying to from supermarkets.

Nope!

In the cosy illusory Utopia of liberal laissex faire, hopheads will suddenly be instantaniously transmuted into model citizens overnight when drugs are legal.

Just as gun crime vanished when legally held hand guns were banned.........................

:blink:

HOLA4423
Shame some of you liberals are not presently watching Louis Therroux's prog on BBC2: about Crystal Meth addiction in Fresno..........

Of course the decriminalise drugs mob always seem to so conveniently avoid the reality that drugs tend to be mind and behavioural altering substances and mean invariably the determined addict will still not be able to afford to purchase them with their sub-social life pattern, but will continue their life of crime for their fix..............

As winos do when nicking bottles of booze or trying to from supermarkets.

Nope!

In the cosy illusory Utopia of liberal laissex faire, hopheads will suddenly be instantaniously transmuted into model citizens overnight when drugs are legal.

Just as gun crime vanished when legally held hand guns were banned.........................

:blink:

Watched most of it. Saw lots of people leading sh1t lives using illegal drugs. Lots of time and money spent by police chasing them, and very little funding to help them kick the habit. No tax revenue from the sale either. People been addicted for decades, and no-one mentioned finding meth difficult to get hold of. So what's your point?

HOLA4424
I WANT TO BUY MY SMACK IN TESCO so I can get points on my clubcard. I can also use the home delivery option, so it will be just like the bengali boys down in E1 delivering the "onions" on mopeds.

Absolutely, and if Tesco has aproblem with Adsa's competition, they won't send around a mob of gun crazed heavies to sort them out either.

HOLA4425

Archived