House Price Crash Forum

How Long Has Gordon Brown Got Left And How Will It End?

HOLA441

Ok, as it looks like there are various route maps for Gordon being removed, I thought we should start to discuss the likely course of events and I have also put up a poll.

Edited by mikelivingstone

HOLA442

I can't bring myself to believe that he's got enough humanity in him to leave before he's pushed.

I'm hoping that the expenses published are enough for someone to finally admit the game is up, push him out and call an election.

HOLA443
HOLA444

he will be horsed out when they find the duplicate hotel bill

for him and Mandelson sharing a room

he deserves the most humiliating ejection whatever it is

what will make me sick is when he becomes LORD Brown !!!!!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
He looks tired and stressed on the TV, so I would guess that he will peg out like John Smith before the year is out. At least we can hope.........

I can't believe how many people think he will make it to an election. I've never heard this "Labour don't get rid of their leaders" line before. Is there some precedent that no labour leader has ever been challenged ?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Omg. i've just had a horrid thought. Whatg if it's him who's been having an affiar.

WHO!

*yuck comits*

OMG, good point. He'd also be the type to blow his brains out, hence the suicide watch comments.

HOLA4412
Guest anorthosite
Omg. i've just had a horrid thought. Whatg if it's him who's been having an affiar.

WHO!

*yuck comits*

As long as its not with John Prescott :o

HOLA4413
I can't believe how many people think he will make it to an election. I've never heard this "Labour don't get rid of their leaders" line before. Is there some precedent that no labour leader has ever been challenged ?

I believe yes, other labour leaders have resigned but nonehave been forced out. If Gordon is Forced to give up leadership the labour party will be admitting this is the worst time in its history/it is un-electabl. The only way out if if gordon gracefully steps down.... (ha ha)

Edited by moosetea

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
I believe yes, other labour leaders have resigned but nonehave been forced out. If Gordon is Forced to give up leadership the labour party will be admitting this is the worst time in its history/it is un-electabl. The only way out if if gordon gracefully steps down.... (ha ha)

Thing is, do they continue on with the bad soap opera or cut it off at the knees now to ensure some seats left at the election. Thats what I, if I was in the labour hierarchy would be thinking.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
OMG, good point. He'd also be the type to blow his brains out, hence the suicide watch comments.

he was always my 1st suspect

he's as bent as a 3 rupee note and just as worthless

Brown and Mandelson were made for each other

HOLA4418
Ok, as it looks like there are various route maps for Gordon being removed, I thought we should start to discuss the likely course of events and I have also put up a poll.

I didn't vote as I don't think he'll go until he loses the election. He is too controlling and stubborn to go earlier. And I doubt any of the other labour frontbenchers would oust him now to take on what is essentially a poisoned chalice

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

None of the above.

Before any election is required, he will engineer an emergency situation (turnip flu, war with Faroe Islands, banks running out of pens, etc) and continue in his role as unelected dictator. The general population will grumble a bit, but decide that he must be the fellow to get us out of the mess because he got us in to it.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
As long as its not with John Prescott :o

Or the Home Secretary. Just imagine, them having an affair under the auspices of a special COBRA meeting.

Meeting code name "SPITTING COBRA"

Attendees, Bukkake Smith and the Gordo.

PM: Right home secretary, its time to unleash the spitting cobra.

HS: Pass the tissues please Gordon.

HOLA4423
If Useless Brown is going to be kicked out by Labour MPs, or resign, then it will probably be after a meltdown in the Euro elections in June. He won't go before then IMO, but pressure will build on him if Labour's results are as bad, or even worse than expected.

I wish he'd spare us and himself the humiliation and just make it all 4th June and be done with it. Its like an addictive gambler shoving pounds coin in a slottie, they know they will never win but keep saying "1 more pound, jackpots coming" but eventually they find the purse is empty and have to explain it to the missus who then cracks him over the head with a rolling pin.

HOLA4424
If Useless Brown is going to be kicked out by Labour MPs, or resign, then it will probably be after a meltdown in the Euro elections in June. He won't go before then IMO, but pressure will build on him if Labour's results are as bad, or even worse than expected.

He'll take the Adolf Hitler route and hunker down in a bunker. Anyone who "hopes" he commits suicide is frankly a sick individual.

What's amazing is that despite the terrible news there will still be a couple of hundred Labour MPs after the next election. I really hope one constituency picks a pig in lipstick to prove that some people would vote for anything if it wears a red rosette.

HOLA4425
Or the Home Secretary. Just imagine, them having an affair under the auspices of a special COBRA meeting.

Meeting code name "SPITTING COBRA"

Attendees, Bukkake Smith and the Gordo.

PM: Right home secretary, its time to unleash the spitting cobra.

HS: Pass the tissues please Gordon.

No need for tissues. I think you will find that ministers swallow anything coming from the PM.