House Price Crash Forum

Go Wild This April

HOLA441

A flyer plopped onto my doormat yesterday from Barratt Homes (although it took a few seconds to figure that out). Why?

Well it states in large friendly letters that we should: "Go Wild This April." and features pictures of a rabbit, chick, parrot, duck, and what looks like a rat. It also has the words, "Petting Zoo" in very large letters and small explanation. To quote Barrett Homes: "Why not go wild this April at one of our participating developments to see all types of animals at our petting zoo."

No mention of captive estate agents, only 4 pages of "great new prices", at four local developments, part ex available, and all from £210,995 for a 2 bed home (doesn't mention if it is a flat).

So you can imagine my excitement at the prospect of petting a rat and getting the opportunity to purchase an expensive, but badly built Barratt Hutch. They do seem to build them particularly small in Barratt Land.

Bizarre :blink:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
What a cheap, exploititative way of trying to sell houses.

Fairclough offered free Massages, Champagne and Canapes.......and Mrs fell for it and spent £400k on a House for us...but it was 2004! Never underestimate family pressures.....and the salespeople know it well!

HOLA445

I think my wife might enjoy petting Gavin Henson way too much. But it did get me thinking. Is someone somewhere thinking, "you know what, I wasn't going to buy a house this April, but hey they have a petting zoo, so maybe I'll just go along anyway." Or maybe they are relying on kids famous "pester power", "but Dad we have to buy a house here, they have a zoo."

How about, and I'm going to be controversial, sensible prices?

HOLA446

Personal interaction is key to buying ad selling homes. A continuing series of events from show home launches, family days, receptions, seminars and launches - to parties, face painters and musicians.

I'd like to get a job as one of the family day face painters so I can paint HPC & LIAR LOANS on their kids faces. :ph34r:

HOLA447
HOLA448

A flyer plopped onto my doormat yesterday from Barratt Homes (although it took a few seconds to figure that out). Why?

Well it states in large friendly letters that we should: "Go Wild This April." and features pictures of a rabbit, chick, parrot, duck, and what looks like a rat. It also has the words, "Petting Zoo" in very large letters and small explanation. To quote Barrett Homes: "Why not go wild this April at one of our participating developments to see all types of animals at our petting zoo."

No mention of captive estate agents, only 4 pages of "great new prices", at four local developments, part ex available, and all from £210,995 for a 2 bed home (doesn't mention if it is a flat).

So you can imagine my excitement at the prospect of petting a rat and getting the opportunity to purchase an expensive, but badly built Barratt Hutch. They do seem to build them particularly small in Barratt Land.

Bizarre :blink:

[/quote

:huh::o:unsure:

Do people really fall for this cr@p?

HOLA449
I think my wife might enjoy petting Gavin Henson way too much. But it did get me thinking. Is someone somewhere thinking, "you know what, I wasn't going to buy a house this April, but hey they have a petting zoo, so maybe I'll just go along anyway." Or maybe they are relying on kids famous "pester power", "but Dad we have to buy a house here, they have a zoo."

How about, and I'm going to be controversial, sensible prices?

I'd don't get this strange obsession in the UK with Sports personalities and business.

It like Tiger Woods in the Accenture adverts or Michael Owen advertising Dubai property for First Group.

My normal reaction is don't do business with people who use sports people in associatation with the brand.

1) They are just wasting money, and I don't want to pay for some sport personality.

2) I wouldn't take financial advice from a sport personality anyway.

HOLA4410

We appear to have a new wave of new builds appearing

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-25311305.html

This is in m8 (between harpurhey and cheetham hill ... nice)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-25311398.html

and this is north chadderton. big development.

m9 harpurhey

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-25311125.html

And then at zest at newton heath- but not sure when they last announced any new ones...

Lots of new houses.

Got to be good if they get built.

Edited by SarahBell

HOLA4411
snip

:huh::o:unsure:

Do people really fall for this cr@p?

I guess they are flush with funds to produce the leaflet.

not sure about the petting bit though, I mean, I like a bit where one can get it, but from an EA in a garage(sorry, showoffice) nah thanks.

HOLA4412
No mention of captive estate agents, only 4 pages of "great new prices", at four local developments, part ex available, and all from £210,995 for a 2 bed home (doesn't mention if it is an APARTMENT).

fixed it for you :rolleyes:<_<

HOLA4413
I'd don't get this strange obsession in the UK with Sports personalities and business.

It like Tiger Woods in the Accenture adverts or Michael Owen advertising Dubai property for First Group.

My normal reaction is don't do business with people who use sports people in associatation with the brand.

1) They are just wasting money, and I don't want to pay for some sport personality.

2) I wouldn't take financial advice from a sport personality anyway.

It's really bizarre isn't it.

I love Paul Scholes to pieces, but he would be the very last person I would think of if I were buying insurance or a house. All the big property groups used sports celebrities. That Spanish one with Greg Norman. All it does for me is link the developer's name in my mind with desperate tactics. The Michael Owen video for Dubai was appallingly bad. What's weird is this has gone on since George Best got paid to sell sausages, and probably before. It must work or else they wouldn't pay for it, but Jesus wept, it just shows what absolute suckers are out there waiting to be fleeced.

HOLA4414

I love Paul Scholes to pieces, but he would be the very last person I would think of if I were buying insurance or a house. All the big property groups used sports celebrities. That Spanish one with Greg Norman. All it does for me is link the developer's name in my mind with desperate tactics. The Michael Owen video for Dubai was appallingly bad. What's weird is this has gone on since George Best got paid to sell sausages, and probably before. It must work or else they wouldn't pay for it, but Jesus wept, it just shows what absolute suckers are out there waiting to be fleeced.

saw the Anthony Worrel Thompson barbeque range yesterday.

almost may me throw up. labels....they bore me and indeed, offend.

HOLA4415

Why don't they use professional wrestlers to pimp property?

"Get in that house or I'll unleash the 24 inch pythons!"

brooke_hogan___hulk_hogan___jpg.jpg

And, would anybody like to date his daughter?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Hummm now let me guess.....will those bethe ones with the triangle north facing back gardens?

That's as bad as FLOG_ging yourself over a game? of GOLF!

Turn's anyone into a Tiger!

I gave up when I got a hole in one, said "I won't see that again in my lifetime"

- then got Another a couple of months later on the same hole, both 'witnessed'.(managed to get out of the 'rounds' of drinks though heh, heh.)

I then came to my senses and stopped the regular 'FLOG' of trying to outdo my longest drive, best putt, birdies, eagles, kicking partners ball in bunker without being seen etc :lol:

Odds - Two, same hole, 2 months, 16yrs play, anyone?

Long walks in open countryside/forests/beaches etc are much cheaper, calming, pleasurable & partner/family friendly!