HOLA441
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
If there any possibility at all that the (Government-owned) Halifax might simply have made it all up like the Yanks did with that crap about flying to the moon?

Is there any independent auditing of the figure?

What on earth are you suggesting??? Are you saying that the government can't be trusted? :o

:P

HOLA443
HOLA444

It was seasonal adjustment that made it look like prices have risen. Unadjusted figure showed a fall. Adjusting is only appropriate in a normal market, IMO, and this isn't a normal market.

Adjustments have also made falls look bigger in the Summer, so it's swings and roundabouts.

The government can't be trusted, but I don't think that this is an example.

:P

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
It was seasonal adjustment that made it look like prices have risen. Unadjusted figure showed a fall. Adjusting is only appropriate in a normal market, IMO, and this isn't a normal market.

Adjustments have also made falls look bigger in the Summer, so it's swings and roundabouts.

The government can't be trusted, but I don't think that this is an example.

That isn't what was discussed on the thread about these figures. NSA was said to be about +0.8% or something.

HOLA449
Yes I do.

The houses on the market now maybe the last chance you ever get for a bargain. You can bet your life after seeing house price rise figures this week no seller in the future will be dropping a penny.

Do you think that unemployment will now begin to fall?

HOLA4410
Yes I do.

The houses on the market now maybe the last chance you ever get for a bargain. You can bet your life after seeing house price rise figures this week no seller in the future will be dropping a penny.

The only prices that have fallen are maybe houses on the market now. Only a tiny fraction of people who want to sell (like me) would bother putting their house up in times like these. Why lose money?

Better wait it out. Obviously isn't going to be long before decent prices achieved again.

The house I'd like to sell was valued at £195,000 in 2007. I know if I wanted to out it now I'd have to take £150,00 as it's a horrific time and there are no buyers in the market only fat cats trying to get richer.

However, wait a year or so and somebody will take my arm off for £175,000+.

Actually, now the markets turning I might even keep it rented.

most people do think like this guy. great init !

HOLA4411
Yes I do.

You can bet your life

You won't even bet £1000.

The house I'd like to sell was valued at £195,000 in 2007. I know if I wanted to out it now I'd have to take £150,00 as it's a horrific time and there are no buyers in the market

You are a Sibley imposter and I claim my £5!

HOLA4412
Yes I do.

The only prices that have fallen are maybe houses on the market now. Only a tiny fraction of people who want to sell (like me) would bother putting their house up in times like these. Why lose money?

Better wait it out. Obviously isn't going to be long before decent prices achieved again.

The house I'd like to sell was valued at £195,000 in 2007. I know if I wanted to out it now I'd have to take £150,00 as it's a horrific time and there are no buyers in the market only fat cats trying to get richer.

However, wait a year or so and somebody will take my arm off for £175,000+.

Actually, now the markets turning I might even keep it rented.

I guess you'll be taking the easy money on offer from Harry Monk (if I remember correctly) who was willing to stake £1k on house prices falling over the next 3 months against your view that they are going up???

HOLA4413

I foolishly, with the benefit of hindsight- property values had never fallen before in real terms- bought my first house in 1990 and it was 2000 before it went back to its 1990 price.

This boom was bigger and the correction will take longer.

But I'm glad you're here 'cos you often say that HPCers are all property speculators and office bods and you, like me, do a "get your hands dirty" job.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

FTBs are returning to the market, and more will get itchy feet. This will kickstart the market soon

http://www.fool.co.uk/news/property-home/m...ime-buyers.aspx

Investors are also coming back driven by the low return on savings accounts. Foreign investors are also profiting by the collapse of the pound

Paying for a mortgage is making more sense than paying for rent.

Sentiment in the market is slowly turning, Halifax data confirms it.

HOLA4417
No I think unemployment will rise. However, even though that is bad news even a million more people out of work won't effect the housing market. How many of them are council tenants, renters or living with parents?

Only a small proportion of the UK's working population live in rented accomodation. And I suppose the collapse in the demand for cars is down to council house dwellers putting off buying their next Jaguar. :lol:

Let's face it, Sibley, you've been exposed for what you are, a lying devious and very stupid EA. :lol:

Edited by 1929crash

HOLA4418
You can bet your life after seeing house price rise figures this week no seller in the future will be dropping a penny.

You are not the sharpest tool in the box are you ? What exactly do you think sellers refusing to drop prices will do to an already virtually dead market ? Not rocket science. Well unless of course you think everyone that is waiting to buy will just dive in....

Highly unlikely. People waiting to buy have a few options. People wanting to sell have one.

I know who I think is going to break first.

Prices are set at the margins Sibs,and there are not that man desperate buyers out there just now.... ;)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Read the small print, their data is meaningless!!

The Halifax House Price Index is prepared from information that we believe is collated with care, but we do not make any statement as to its accuracy or completeness. We reserve the right to vary our methodology and to edit or discontinue the indices at any time for regulatory or other reasons. Persons seeking to place reliance on the indices for their own or third party commercial purposes do so at their own risk

HOLA4421
Hey Sibley, there's an entire thread about you being unmasked as an estate agent. Would you like to confirm or deny it?

Doing well these days? How's the job security? :lol:

He's about to lose his job. I guess the housing market won't be affected because he still lives with mummy and daddy. :lol:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Read the small print, their data is meaningless!!
The Halifax House Price Index is prepared from information that we believe is collated with care, but we do not make any statement as to its accuracy or completeness. We reserve the right to vary our methodology and to edit or discontinue the indices at any time for regulatory or other reasons. Persons seeking to place reliance on the indices for their own or third party commercial purposes do so at their own risk

They might as well just say "The following data could well be the biggest load of old bollo*ks you will ever read"

:huh:

Edited by Master Of Puppets

HOLA4424
Hasn't he just said he's trying to sell a house as well a bit earlier in this thread.

Mortgage to pay + no income would = trouble :lol:

I agree but he also said this:

No I think unemployment will rise. However, even though that is bad news even a million more people out of work won't effect the housing market. How many of them are council tenants, renters or living with parents?

The trouble with EAs is that they are liars and you don't know when or if they are telling the truth.

HOLA4425