House Price Crash Forum

Halifax's House Price Figures

I thought I heard a while ago that there are trades done on the Halifax data, like stock market betting using this as the official measure... could be wrong but 90% certain I heard that when reading a story about markets pricing in the expected fall? :huh:

That'd be some annoyed traders if they started changing the measure from one day to the next to suit themselves.

Then again, didn't stop the govmint changing the measure of inflation <_<

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on Sibley/Tim/Marcus or whatever. I am not convinced by the lorry driver story. You are an estate agent?

It's me who is a lorry driver and it's a job I'm immensely proud of. Hey, that wheat in the field doesn't magically turn into bread and then walk to Tesco while we are all asleep!

If I was an EA *then* I would have cause to be ashamed of my job. ;)

I'm not an estate agent.

Saying that I ought to be really. Obviously I know more about the market than most.

Whens the HPC meet and greet then?

I'd like to have a few beers with you lot. I can't tell you what job I really do as it's a bit obscure. My boss might browse on here and I'm always slagging him off. :lol: I'd get caught easy.

Jack. It's going to be anger.

If you lot can hold back I reckon you'll hit that stage tomorrow when you see more 'Good news' headlines in News of the World.

When it happens.

Breath deeply.

Count to 10 slowly.

Anyone want to give me £175,000 for my house before you get gazumped? :blink:

No one believes you!

I'd like to have a few beers with you lot.

Well, I work just up the road in Sittingbourne so I'm up for it.

Would you take £140,000 for cash?

Edited by Harry Monk
I'm not an estate agent.

Saying that I ought to be really. Obviously I know more about the market than most.

Whens the HPC meet and greet then?

I'd like to have a few beers with you lot. I can't tell you what job I really do as it's a bit obscure. My boss might browse on here and I'm always slagging him off. :lol: I'd get caught easy.

Jack. It's going to be anger.

If you lot can hold back I reckon you'll hit that stage tomorrow when you see more 'Good news' headlines in News of the World.

When it happens.

Breath deeply.

Count to 10 slowly.

Mmmm...............................Hogwash.

Why will you not respond to the other thread?

Sibley,

There's a good reason nobody is going to listen to you, and it's because you're invested in the market. You own a house.

Now i'm willing to bet I could go out tomorrow, buy a house with my savings and have more equity in said house than you do. Likewise I can choose to stay out of housing. My opinion is independent in a way yours cannot be.

The fact I choose to stay out and think that housing will continue to fall for all of this year should tell you something. The fact you want everyone else to buy a house should tell us something, misery loves company :P

Where are the mods when you need them?

I'm getting victimized tonight.

When are the other Bulls going to jump in and save me?

I'm always on my own in here.

I know how Eric Prebble felt now when he was harping on about LIAR LOANS 500 years ago. :lol:

So is the Fremlin Walk/*********** thing all just a coincidence?

When are the other Bulls going to jump in and save me?

I'm always on my own in here.

I know how Eric Prebble felt now when he was harping on about LIAR LOANS 500 years ago. :lol:

Two things:

1. The mods won't help you, a8sewipe, and;

2. There are no other bulls.

Edited by 1929crash

To be honest, I can't see any abusive posts towards you on this thread. And I would be the first to pull someone up if they did post something which broke forum rules.

This is a forum and both Bulls and Bears are afforded equal respect by the moderators who do a very good job and are unfailingly equal-handed.

You do have an opinion which runs against the general thesis so you have to expect opposition to your opinions. But I can't see where you have been victimised.

To be fair, there aren't many bulls on HPC,

Absolutely, a few have crawled out of the woodwork in recent days but Sibley is the only consistant Bull and the forum is made more interesting by his prescence.

I suppose a few have been abusive towards him but when you are one against a hundred then you have to expect that.