House Price Crash Forum

Halifax's House Price Figures

The one thing I object to is that Sibley's profile status has been chosen as "troll" when this choice should have been left to him- Bull, Bear or Neither.

Sibley's profile choice is his affair and this should not be over-ridden by a Mod or Admin.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one thing I object to is that Sibley's profile status has been chosen as "troll" when this choice should have been left to him- Bull, Bear or Neither.

Sibley's profile choice is his affair and this should not be over-ridden by a Mod or Admin.

SIBLEY

I do think you are really winding people up and don 't believe that drivel you wrote. If not then here are a few facts. My daughter and boyfriend in the UK earn 75K bewtten them. Her credit is excellent, his is "fair". No CCJ's or the like just typical student late stuff. Just buying a repo in Manchester (116K) and cannot get even an offer below 15% deposit which they have scraped together. The apartment sold eighteen months ago for 189K. I personally thought they should wait but the most they can lose is 116K-right? Anyway that's the state of play right now in the mortgage business and it will get worse. Please tell me which bank is technically solvent and in the mortgage business right now? Answer none. When the CDS sh!te hits the fan then the CDO fiasco will look like a walk in the park.

I am in the US-I have seen the last three years and what this has done locally in the North East. You guys are just starting, still in the denial stage. Oh how I remember those days with fondness. Get it through your head-THE BANKS WOULD PREFER TO LEND NOTHING TO ANYBODY FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS AND I MEAN NOTHING.

SIBLEY

I do think you are really winding people up and don 't believe that drivel you wrote. If not then here are a few facts. My daughter and boyfriend in the UK earn 75K bewtten them. Her credit is excellent, his is "fair". No CCJ's or the like just typical student late stuff. Just buying a repo in Manchester (116K) and cannot get even an offer below 15% deposit which they have scraped together. The apartment sold eighteen months ago for 189K. I personally thought they should wait but the most they can lose is 116K-right? Anyway that's the state of play right now in the mortgage business and it will get worse. Please tell me which bank is technically solvent and in the mortgage business right now? Answer none. When the CDS sh!te hits the fan then the CDO fiasco will look like a walk in the park.

I am in the US-I have seen the last three years and what this has done locally in the North East. You guys are just starting, still in the denial stage. Oh how I remember those days with fondness. Get it through your head-THE BANKS WOULD PREFER TO LEND NOTHING TO ANYBODY FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS AND I MEAN NOTHING.

BTW take a guess what the value of the CDS book is at JP Morgan (and they are one of the better banks in the US). Answer? $2.5T-that's right trillion as in many many zero's. Can Brown & the rest sort this crap out? Property is the last thing to concern yourself with Mr. Sibley. It aint going up and I suggest stocking up on canned food rather than putting in a new bathroom.

BTW take a guess what the value of the CDS book is at JP Morgan (and they are one of the better banks in the US). Answer? $2.5T-that's right trillion as in many many zero's. Can Brown & the rest sort this crap out? Property is the last thing to concern yourself with Mr. Sibley. It aint going up and I suggest stocking up on canned food rather than putting in a new bathroom.

+1]

Edited by 1929crash