House Price Crash Forum

Loads Of Houses Showing As Under Offer

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest theboltonfury
Green shoots. :lol:

As a country we're spinning round and round the sink, going faster and faster, as our financial institutions drain the last vestiges of solvency from the nations wallet.

An offer is just what it says - an offer. Anyone can do one of those, but how many people can make a transaction?

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest theboltonfury
Do offerhave to be in monetary terms?

I mean could I offer 3 tins of beans and some dried peas for a house?

I imagine that there's someone out there who'd bite your arm off....

In a month it could be 3 tins of beans but no peas

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest theboltonfury
Yes but I have the tin opener and I want your car for that too

fair swap. I have a 53 Laguna, 76000 on it. You'll be needing change out of your tin opener

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I have noticed an increase in under offers but I think we should take into account that many people are still in denial and view this as a 'blip' and this must apply to buyers as well as sellers. There can't be an endless stream of idiots out there so I'm sure this bull trap will come to an end soon especially when unemployment kicks in and people have realised that we are in recession possibly a depression.

Edited by Rosepetal

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest theboltonfury
Sorry the deal's off.

I have a tin of prunes though and once I have eaten them we can talk.

I make a point of talking to no man that consumes prunes

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

The market will CRASH...but as an agent, in London, we have most of our properties under offer (not saying they will all go through..) and nothing to replace them...in anormal market prices would go up...speaking to other agents they are facing a similar problem..we need stock.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
in the last few weeks, 3 houses out of 8 in a street i like have become under offer.

i have looked into other streets after seeing this

and it looks like this green shoots are promting some people to go and buy.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...yPartRent=false

People are being prompted to buy alright, but people are buying/offering @ anything from 12% off asking price. It'd be rude not to.

Do yourself a favour and deal with the facts behind the signs, namely what did the properties actually sell for if they do eventually sell, how that compares to asking

prices, whether the vendors chased the sale down, and what the house previously sold for, and what similar houses on the street sold for in 2007.

Anecodatal evidence is only worth something if there are some brass tacks behind the first impressions, even then it's just that, anecdotal, it varies from street-to-street area-to-area.

I saw several sold signs from a single agent at the height of the bad news late last year.......a bit of digging revealed all sold for more than 10% of asking price. That was unthinkable 18 months ago..

oh and the EA's were pricing them at 2007 prices!!! So a 12% fall off 2007 prices is how much in real and nominal terms ? Do the sums this is very much a HPC. The velocity has been impressive.

There are thousands of properties not worth the dirt they were built on, let alone the six figure sums they were sold for in 2007. The reality is there is going to be an almighty huge disparity

between prices based on location primarily. This has always existed but the disparity will become a chasm......that's why house prices will continue to be depressed for some time.

No-one is going in offering close to the asking price.

HOLA4421

there's one place on my street for sale according to rightmove.

it's... well, there's no other way of saying it, it's nearly half as expensive again as a near-identical property that sold on the same street in august of last year, and at least 25% more expensive than any flat that's ever sold on the street.

why?

they've apparently done it up very nicely inside. the rightmove listing is very probably the stupidest thing i've ever seen in my life. this isn't a joke, it's a direct copy and paste.

...Completely renovated and redesigned by celebrated interior designer Christopher Dezille is this eye catching split level property. The property has been stripped back to the bare bones and there has been no expense spared in the refit including unique touches such as (the state of art music system), Lutron lighting system, state of art Musiquest media server, under floor heating, integrated Meile coffee machine and other Meile and Binova kitchen appliances. Custom designed shutters have been fitted throughout as well as unusual oversize floor to ceiling doors which create a superb felling of light and space. The property really does have to be seen to be believed. The property comprises a reception room with grey oak flooring and an abundance of built in storage. Next to the reception room there is a great location for a study which then leads upstairs to the converted loft. Currently arranged as an office but could easily be turned into a very large bedroom, again benefiting from a large amount of hidden storage space. On the first floor there are also two double bedrooms, one of which is the master bedroom with direct views down on to the garden. The bathroom is normally one of the main feature selling points and in this case it certainly is with a Villeroy and Bosch bathroom suite with Vola fittings and heated mirrors, built-in shower unit, wash hand basin and modern WC finished to a high specification, leaving a feel of being in a boutique hotel. At the end of the property you reach the kitchen/breakfast which is incredibly modern and fresh. Located just off the kitchen/breakfast room is a door with private steps down to the private 25ft garden that is a perfect sun trap...

all of this shite is apparently worth a 50% uplift on the price of a two-bed flat at a time when the market as a whole is on the slide like never before.

does anyone think they'll get the price they're looking for?

[edit to say - it's not under offer].

Edited by the flying pig

HOLA4422
Rightmove makes it easy

242 properties found

includ sstc

262 properties found

So 20 in my normal search - within a mile of here

The problem with that is an awful lot of those properties that are SSTC do not make it to sold. This can be due to a number of factors the main one being banks withdrawing mortgage offers.

I saw a brilliant line in the local paper the other day stating the housing market is picking up as estate agents have had an increase of the number of viewings in January compared to December. This is clutching at straw as most people don't go and view properties in December, the rag didn't even publish their property supplement for three weeks in December due to no demand.

Viewings like SSTC mean nothing.

HOLA4423
The market will CRASH...but as an agent, in London, we have most of our properties under offer (not saying they will all go through..) and nothing to replace them...in anormal market prices would go up...speaking to other agents they are facing a similar problem..we need stock.

How do you think the crash will play out? I'm amazed anyone would think of buying now so I'd be interested in your opinion at to why so many properties are under offer. And how would extra stock help the crash?

HOLA4424
Guest theboltonfury
I thought you were going to say it was the pipe, I inherited it from me granny!

where I'm from a bird with a pipe is nothing unusual

HOLA4425
An offer is just what it says - an offer. Anyone can do one of those, but how many people can make a transaction?

I wouldn't have thought agents would put a place as under offer in this climate until they were sure the other party had their mortgage in place, especially with banking in such a mess.