House Price Crash Forum

Barnard Marcus Auction - Live Link

M21er

HOLA441

Hi,

The Barnard Marcus Auction is available to watch on the internet via a live link:

Barnard Marcus Auction Live Link There are 265 lots ...

Will be interesting to see the current sentiment in the market. In particular, there are two lots which have been discussed in recent threads here:

Lot 209 - 70 Tideslea, Thamesmead, London - this is in the same block as featured on the Panarama programme ( Spotted by Risk)

Lot 90 - Flat 4, Kendal Court, Eccles, Manchester - this was discussed in the 'Madchester' thread

Happy Viewing!

Regards

M21er

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
i dont suppose anyone wants to create a dummy account so we can log in and have a look?

IDN,

You simply click on the link and enter your Name and E Mail address - I didn't have to register

Regards

M21er

PS Starting shortly ....

HOLA444
Hi,

The Barnard Marcus Auction is available to watch on the internet via a live link:

Barnard Marcus Auction Live Link There are 265 lots ...

Will be interesting to see the current sentiment in the market. In particular, there are two lots which have been discussed in recent threads here:

Lot 209 - 70 Tideslea, Thamesmead, London - this is in the same block as featured on the Panarama programme ( Spotted by Risk)

Lot 90 - Flat 4, Kendal Court, Eccles, Manchester - this was discussed in the 'Madchester' thread

Happy Viewing!

Regards

M21er

Great link!

I wanted to go to this actuoin, only one property round us that there was for sale and it was nasty. Lot 220 I think it was.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
What is supposed to happen?

I'm just looking at a page that says Lot 1 on it - and it says 'Announcements are being made'.

I assumed there would be some sort of java applet in there that would update as bids were made.

Hi LGI

Should now be showing Lot 3

1, 3 & 5 Vestry Rd, Walthamstow, London, E17

Current Bid £722,000

Regards

M21er

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Plenty of money around it seems. The death of the property market seems to have been exaggerated.

Some nutcase has just paid 950k for Lot 8. Guide was 700 plus. For a poxy looking house as two flats in Battersea.

Looks like the party continues. Depressing.

Studio flats in Cricklewood - not a place I'd walk around at night - are worth 140k to some people. Nutters. Just imagine some young sap having paid 5 times their salary to buy a studio flat! In a rough area of London. Truly insanity prevails.

Edited by Lets' get it right

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Plenty of money around it seems. The death of the property market seems to have been exaggerated.

Some nutcase has just paid 950k for Lot 8. Guide was 700 plus. For a poxy looking house as two flats in Battersea.

I think that the guide price is usually set quite low so as to attract some attention.

Also 950k is huge, even given the fact that the flat next door (one of three) sold for 350k in November. the purchasor still has all the transaction and renovation costs.

HOLA4414

Bull trap. Houses are now a bargain for cash buyers :lol:

HOLA4415

No, these are just the greatest fools who will be ouch so burned it does not bear thinking about. You will still get retatrded BTL spivs who's only source of information is the seminar coordinator and other BTL rampers - doing this sort of thing even at the depth of the crash...... Just amusing really.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

guide prices are (in my experiance) around 20-30% lower than normal asking price to get interest in - every so often i'd see a place on rightmove that was 50k underpriced and expect it to be an auction before i opened it (nearly always right too!)

still, sounds like big bucks being put down

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
yes - this one:

16 Coulson St, Chelsea, London, SW3

Perhaps London isn't immune?

Regards

M21er

thing is, takes a different set of people all together to spend 3m on a house rather than 150k on a btl property.

what are the fees like on an auction like this? 5%?

Edited by 5lab

HOLA4422

Studio flats in Cricklewood - not a place I'd walk around at night - are worth 140k to some people. Nutters. Just imagine some young sap having paid 5 times their salary to buy a studio flat! In a rough area of London. Truly insanity prevails.

Absolutely,,,,, There is money about,,

Credit crunch only affects those with no money or with debt...

Actually we need high interest rates so people dont consider property as an investment and rental yields as income...

But Gordon Browns economy relies on stamp duties...........

Interest Rate should be 10%, then people would actually save and get a reasonable return on money..

They wouldn't consider buying a house with a yield of only 3-5%

Problem is all those who believe labours lies,,

I never believed the LIES of Labour,,, But the pay off comes at the end as rates go up,

I suppose the Poor will become rich as they didn't borrow...

People will be paying off the debt for years to come.....

But if I remember the way labour had planned it was 100 year mortgages to keep the barrol rolling....

WHAT GOES UP, MUST COME DOWN - - - -

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

1 19/03/2007 £259,000 Ter. F No Map 1b, Vestry Road, Waltham Forest, London, Greater London, E17 9NH

I see what you are saying, but could it be number 1 actually has 1a and 1b, and that the other 2 are the same.... meaning 260 x 6 = ???

:lol: