House Price Crash Forum

Barnard Marcus Auction - Live Link

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't help thinking that in certain areas FTBs could be picking up some relative bargains here, have to go, can't watch it all, if anyone could do a summary it'd be good ;)

Very unlikely to be FTB - at BM you have to settle in 14 days for repos like this - have to be cash buyers ie. property investors or STRs

Very unlikely to be FTB - at BM you have to settle in 14 days for repos like this - have to be cash buyers ie. property investors or STRs

nope I disagree, it's generally 28 days and very easy to get yourself motivated and mobilised to complete and most auctioneers aren't that harsh if you go a week or so over.

Jeez H Christ :blink: House sells for 320 in wandsworth, terraces normally sell for 475+ in that road

50 Lydden road

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=lydden+grove&n=10

Got to go....aaghhh this is torture

can't help thinking that in certain areas FTBs could be picking up some relative bargains here, have to go, can't watch it all, if anyone could do a summary it'd be good ;)

I'm waiting for a couple of Lots in particular to see what sentiment is like in and around Manchester.

Lot 54 13 Northbourne St, Salford - Bought June 2005 for £68k

Lot 90 Flat 4, Kendal Court, Eccles - Bought Sept 2003 for £104k

I'm expecting Lot 90 to go for around £50 - 60k ( Guide is £42k which seems low ) - if that's the case, then that's pretty affordable and is around 40% off 2003 prices!

We'll have to wait and see....

Regards

M21er

nope I disagree, it's generally 28 days and very easy to get yourself motivated and mobilised to complete and most auctioneers aren't that harsh if you go a week or so over.

Jeez H Christ :blink: House sells for 320 in wandsworth, terraces normally sell for 475+ in that road

50 Lydden road

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=lydden+grove&n=10

Got to go....aaghhh this is torture

Not for repossessions - it is generally 14days- check special conditions. 10% down on the day as well

Lot 42: Sold £12,000

A house in mid-glamorgan: 74 Blean-y-Cwm Ter, Treherbert, MId Glamorgan, CF42

Looks like a block ot terraced houses. The closet land registry sale I can see is:

26 Oct 2007 80 Blaen Y Cwm Terrace, Treherbert, Treorchy,Rhondda Cynon Taff CF42 5NE Terraced Freehold £69,000

So 12 K might be a bargain.

Bidding started at 8 K

Gotta laugh :)

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

This one in the fabled Mailbox in Birmingham looks interesting:

242 66, Royal Arch Apartments, The Mailbox, Wharfside St, Birmingham, West Midlands, B1 140 Plus

And heres the last purchase (in 2001)

1 28/02/2001 £165,950 Flat L No Map Royal Arch Apartments, 66, Wharfside Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B1 1RB

So - 20% over the guide price gets you the sale price 7 years ago...be interesting to see the wonderful capital gains that have been made in this magical Bull Market... :P:blink:

Only 6 years left on lease though. Still, not bad as a bolt-hole for the next 6 years.

LHO

My reading of it is that you'll receive £1.60 ground rent for the next 6 years and then the property will revert to you at the end of the lease?

It's the freeehold that's being sold not the lease?? But not sure?

Regards

M21er

LHO

My reading of it is that you'll receive £1.60 ground rent for the next 6 years and then the property will revert to you at the end of the lease?

It's the freeehold that's being sold not the lease?? But not sure?

Regards

M21er

You might be right. If so, would you gamble that it will be worth more than £13k in 6 years time? Am not so sure myself.

Great fun this, haven't got any work done in the last hour!

You might be right. If so, would you gamble that it will be worth more than £13k in 6 years time? Am not so sure myself.

Great fun this, haven't got any work done in the last hour!

LHO

Me neither. I'm supposed to be decorating the lounge. My wife will NOT be happy when she's gets back tonight and there's no progress!

Lot 54 unsold. Bidding went up to 4k less than the 2005 selling price.

LHO

Yep - that's also substantially less than recent sales on the same road which have been in the range £77k to £85k

HousePrices - Recent Sales

Interesting that this property increased from £40k to £68k in just 11 months from July 2004 to June 2005 and has not reached that price today?

Regards

M21er

This one in the fabled Mailbox in Birmingham looks interesting:

242 66, Royal Arch Apartments, The Mailbox, Wharfside St, Birmingham, West Midlands, B1 140 Plus

And heres the last purchase (in 2001)

1 28/02/2001 £165,950 Flat L No Map Royal Arch Apartments, 66, Wharfside Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B1 1RB

So - 20% over the guide price gets you the sale price 7 years ago...be interesting to see the wonderful capital gains that have been made in this magical Bull Market... :P:blink:

One similiar at the Mailbox went at auction in december for 60% off its 2003 sale price :lol: It sold at auction for £101K . (not a misprint ) price paid in 2003 was £230K

Thanks a bunch for posting the link. I'm getting nowt done!

Lot 56 was a shock to me. That part of W Yorks was a late riser and went mental when it did start. Expect some really heavy plummeting in that area. OH says he'd rather die than live there.

lots 82/3 same falt differnt price

82 sold at 152k,83 at 145.5k.Vendor HBOS.Someone just gone negative to the vlaue of 6k.The views in Brum are all the same!!

The buyers will be going negative by another £50K in the next year or so mark my words. Brum is in a downward spiral at the moment.