House Price Crash Forum

‘Make An Offer’ Event

HOLA441

I just received this email...

The Summer Challenge ‘Make an Offer’ Event

Whilst some agents will wait for sales to happen, we are constantly looking at initiatives to stimulate the market and get you moving.

Our Olympic themed initiative for 2012 is The Summer Challenge ‘Make an Offer’ Event to encourage vendors to accept offers this summer to help you move.

Participating property owners will consider all offers made in between the 27th – 13th August 2012.

Of course it is entirely up to our property owners if they take your offer but we generally find that owners will consider all offers, often below their original asking price and once an offer has been made they are reluctant to let the interest go without agreeing a sale.

:lol:

HPC FTW

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

50% off please....

Fair is fair. After all, on average, sellers are all asking for 50% again on top of their home's actual value. Note the current national land registry sold prices figure £161,677 and the average asking price £242,097. That's 50% more. OK 50% off from 242,097 takes us back down to £121k, but these greedy people are probably too stupid to notice that. My thinking is exactly the same - go in at 50% off. If I wanted to be cheeky or wanted to let them negotiate, I'd start at 60% off. If they themselves paid much more that's their own lookout. But this glut of people asking for 50% more is getting really annoying. Go in at 60% off.

HOLA4410

Making offers which point out their purchase price with a link to it on-line would certainly put the wind up a few greedy vendors.

Mind you I doubt that the EAs will actually forward offers which aren't sympathetic. Mind you you could just pop them through the door or better still hand them over to the owners if they're at the viewings.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Making offers which point out their purchase price with a link to it on-line would certainly put the wind up a few greedy vendors.

I bought a car for £10,000 a few years ago. I am now trying ot sell it for £89,995. I don't want to just give it away. Greed, it's the bread and butter for all sinner supremists.