House Price Crash Forum

Our Fate Has Been Decided - We Will Spend Spend Spend!

HOLA441

Theres definitely denial out there. The UK wants more heroin from the rescued drug dealers!.

On this mornings ITN news they found

A FTB who wants to buy today, but cannot get a mortgage and welcomes Browns intervention on getting banks to lend at 2007 levels. [save a deposit for petes sake!]

A young business man who runs a cafe and and has a couple of properties but cant get further loans [pay off your exisiting loans!]

and Gordon Brown is hailed a hero for leading the world in his intervention.

Uh, no one really has learned anything from all this!

The US has spent %5 of GDP on this

The UK has spent 19% of GDP on this.... Gordon will Spend, Spend, Spend by borrowing our way out of this. The mind boggles.

Get out of the £!

HOLA442
Theres definitely denial out there. The UK wants more heroin from the rescued drug dealers!.

On this mornings ITN news they found

A FTB who wants to buy today, but cannot get a mortgage and welcomes Browns intervention on getting banks to lend at 2007 levels. [save a deposit for petes sake!]

A young business man who runs a cafe and and has a couple of properties but cant get further loans [pay off your exisiting loans!]

and Gordon Brown is hailed a hero for leading the world in his intervention.

Uh, no one really has learned anything from all this!

The US has spent %5 of GDP on this

The UK has spent 19% of GDP on this.... Gordon will Spend, Spend, Spend by borrowing our way out of this. The mind boggles.

Get out of the £!

I agree, the current "news" is total propaganda!

When I bought my first place, I needed a minimum of a 10% deposit!

Nothing wrong with that!

If I can't lay my money own on the table, why should I expect some bank will cough up the rest?

My mortgage was then £180 a month, my pay cheque was probably more like £800.

That was sensible!

People will see sense in the end, despite the evil "news"!

There is some discrepancy between what I am told by the media, and what I see! :(

HOLA443
HOLA444

Gordon is taking a huge gamble. IF it fails, we go the way of Iceland - and no country will be lending to us [maybe the Russians], and the £ collapses. Say goodbye to low low inflation forecasts, prices will double or tripple in a space of a week. Foreign capital will be leaving in a stampede.

If it succeeds, our day of reckoning is delayed. We can keep running away from debt, but some time it catches up with us. If this is not true, then we could have always heavily borrowed, and have no limits ever.

Edited by notanewmember

HOLA445

We are being told debt is the only way to prosperity...if you don't borrow you will fail...debt creates jobs, taxes, home ownership and all the things that your heart desires.

The important thing is to borrow, the small point of repayment, what it will cost to repay, how long it takes to repay or even if it will never be repaid doesn't come into the equation.

Debt will be our salvation. ;)

HOLA446
We are being told debt is the only way to prosperity...if you don't borrow you will fail...debt creates jobs, taxes, home ownership and all the things that your heart desires.

The important thing is to borrow, the small point of repayment, what it will cost to repay, how long it takes to repay or even if it will never be repaid doesn't come into the equation.

Debt will be our salvation. ;)

That's debtalism.

HOLA447

BUMP

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/finance...-recession.html

Statement of confirmation

Financial crisis: Alistair Darling will spend his way out of recession

Alistair Darling, the Chancellor, has declared that the government will boost its spending in an attempt to help the economy weather the recession about to grip Britain.

Expect another asset bubble just like after 911.

Crack up and boom.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest KingCharles1st
Gordon is taking a huge gamble. IF it fails, we go the way of Iceland - and no country will be lending to us [maybe the Russians], and the £ collapses. Say goodbye to low low inflation forecasts, prices will double or tripple in a space of a week. Foreign capital will be leaving in a stampede.

If it succeeds, our day of reckoning is delayed. We can keep running away from debt, but some time it catches up with us. If this is not true, then we could have always heavily borrowed, and have no limits ever.

I don't think Brown feels he is taking a gamble at all.

I think that, like Hitler, he thought that all the campaigns he fought towards the end would be as easy, and have as similar outcomes, to the ones he fought in 1939.

The man doesn't know when to call time, he knows implicitly he is 'THE CHOSEN ONE."

Sigh.....

Edited by KingCharles1st

HOLA4410
HOLA4411