House Price Crash Forum

The Next Bank Sweepstakes

blofield

HOLA441
HOLA442
Q: May I a make a deposit on the transaction with viable sperm? This can be collateralized at the FED as of today, thank you.

A: wrong bank

:lol:

Q: If you end the auction early I will refinance my house and pull out my equity to pay you cash. Then I will just foreclose on my house so I don't have to pay anything for it.

A: Your application for COO is being currently considered

:lol::lol:

Edited by crash_bang_wallop

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest vicmac64

I am told that BOI s loan book is 70% property (Commercial and Residential UK & Ireland). Don't know how accurate this is but if it is???

Someone once told me....i cant remember who....mmmm

His rules of panic were

1)dont panic

2)panic first

Simple rules.....next bank (other than HBOS) to go gets this :lol:

edit: read the questions

HOLA448
I am told that BOI s loan book is 70% property (Commercial and Residential UK & Ireland). Don't know how accurate this is but if it is???

I would assume that the Anglo-Irish loan book has a higher property ratio than any of the other Irish banks and I'd say it is higher than 70%. I could be totally wrong on these assumptions but commercial and property development lending was basically the only thing that Anglo-Irish concentrated on over recent years ..... and, for some years, it seemed to be an incredible success story as they ate significantly into the market share of the most established Irish banks and saw their share price increase dramatically.

HOLA449
I would assume that the Anglo-Irish loan book has a higher property ratio than any of the other Irish banks and I'd say it is higher than 70%. I could be totally wrong on these assumptions but commercial and property development lending was basically the only thing that Anglo-Irish concentrated on over recent years ..... and, for some years, it seemed to be an incredible success story as they ate significantly into the market share of the most established Irish banks and saw their share price increase dramatically.

I hear the unmistakable sound of chickens coming home to roost! Perhaps the prudent saver might need to think about a withdrawal.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

None of the Irish banks have marked to market the true value of any loans taken out by any developers over the last 36 months. The terms of these loans allow interest to continue to accrue on the debt until such time as the asset or house is sold and then full debt is repaid. As the market has been dormant for at least 18 months the month on month interest has been buildings but the banks are being extremely remiss in not declaring fully the correct valuation of assets held to liabilities. The loans by legal definition are not delinquent since developers are under no obligation to repay these presently.

Considering it’s a post Enron corporate environment this game of bluff played by banks and developers hoping the property market improves is extremely dangerous. Anderson accounting went to the wall over such forays and many Irish auditors are in deep consultation with their banking clients to agree what should be included or disclosed in the next round of audits.

Remember if a bank goes under depositor losses any saving over £35,000 whilst any borrower owes all their debt in full regardless. For the integrity of the system, banks must declare in full, which they have not yet done. The risk associated to its savers is very unfair and in my opinion the Central bank should be intervening.

The safest bank in the globe has to be North Rock now that its nationalised and guarantees all saving to investors whether based inside or outside the UK. There are two banks in Ireland in big trouble if stalemates continues, both were previously nationalised run entities. The grim talk at the Irish government think tank conference seems to suggest they are aware of what is going to happen and have warned its citizens to expect tough times ahead. Ireland can not afford a bail out but I’m not fully sure of the situation with intervention from the EU now that Ireland is part of the Euro zone.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
None of the Irish banks have marked to market the true value of any loans taken out by any developers over the last 36 months. The terms of these loans allow interest to continue to accrue on the debt until such time as the asset or house is sold and then full debt is repaid. As the market has been dormant for at least 18 months the month on month interest has been buildings but the banks are being extremely remiss in not declaring fully the correct valuation of assets held to liabilities. The loans by legal definition are not delinquent since developers are under no obligation to repay these presently.

Considering it’s a post Enron corporate environment this game of bluff played by banks and developers hoping the property market improves is extremely dangerous. Anderson accounting went to the wall over such forays and many Irish auditors are in deep consultation with their banking clients to agree what should be included or disclosed in the next round of audits.

Remember if a bank goes under depositor losses any saving over £35,000 whilst any borrower owes all their debt in full regardless. For the integrity of the system, banks must declare in full, which they have not yet done. The risk associated to its savers is very unfair and in my opinion the Central bank should be intervening.

The safest bank in the globe has to be North Rock now that its nationalised and guarantees all saving to investors whether based inside or outside the UK. There are two banks in Ireland in big trouble if stalemates continues, both were previously nationalised run entities. The grim talk at the Irish government think tank conference seems to suggest they are aware of what is going to happen and have warned its citizens to expect tough times ahead. Ireland can not afford a bail out but I’m not fully sure of the situation with intervention from the EU now that Ireland is part of the Euro zone.

hey MD you gone ultra bear?

on the credit guarantee scheme

if i remember correctly at northern crock time

if it had went bust there would have been something in excess of 10 billon required to pay the creditors

trouble was there was only 4 billon odd in the fund!

dont know how much is in it now but would suspect not nearly enough to cover one of the big beasts going down

also no guarantee as to when you recieve your money back

time to head down northen crock way?

rock on!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
i raised this with a mate who supports the second manchester team ;) , he was confident that AIG pay for the years sponsorship upfront .

:lol::lol:

It's OK guys, Man U's new sponsor is the Federal Reserve!

Perhaps West Ham can get the Bank of England to sponsor them given XL have flown out the window

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
big trouble , might have to rely on the Nationwide survey soon .

be very interesting when New York market opens .

game on again

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=HBOS.L

edit - rallying

edit 2 - or maybe not

this is why day trading shares is so risky - you need balls of steel (and a big wallet) mugs game

Edited by prophet-profit

HOLA4425