House Price Crash Forum

Hazel Blears On 5 Live

HOLA441

Yet another shout at the radio moment on the way to work.

Blears professing her deep faux-concern for families struggling to get a roof over their heads etc etc. Throwing good money after bad, and supremely unaware of the crapness of her governemnt in ignoring the whole root cause of the problem - rampant HPI for years and stupid overlending.

She was given a farcically easy ride by Nicky Campbell as she expounded her crappy 30% loans over 5 years idea and saying it was a good idea for taxpayers money to bail out cretins who have over borrowed. Plus she managed to prolong the stamp duty uncertainty.

GRRRRRRR :angry: :angry: :angry:

HOLA442

Did she say, "I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore,I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore, please keep me in this cushy job, I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore, please don't notice we don't have a clue"?

I am guessing this was the subtext of the interview.

HOLA443

NuScum are the ******* parents of the BTL boom - they detest the family and have progressively skewed the tax system to benefit anybody other than familes. They have a building policy that involves specifically NOT building propoerties for families to live in - just high density shit for the BTL brigade and any FTB's depserate enough to buy into the scam.

HOLA444
Did she say, "I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore,I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore, please keep me in this cushy job, I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore, I am a popularity whore, please don't notice we don't have a clue"?

The stamp duty uncertainty was really stupid, especially if the Sky news report that they are going to introduce a stamp duty holiday is true.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest pioneer31

No, she said

I'll say anything to get votes, I'll say anything to get votes, I'll say anything to get votes, I'll say anything to get votes, I'll say anything to get votes, I'll say anything to get votes, I'll say anything to get votes,

She's a career politician of the first order

Keep on brown-nosing Gordon (no pun intended), you know it's the way forward

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest AuntJess

Blears professing her deep faux-concern for families struggling to get a roof over their heads etc etc. Throwing good money after bad, and supremely unaware of the crapness of her governemnt in ignoring the whole root cause of the problem - rampant HPI for years and stupid overlending.

She was given a farcically easy ride by Nicky Campbell as she expounded her crappy 30% loans over 5 years idea and saying it was a good idea for taxpayers money to bail out cretins who have over borrowed. Plus she managed to prolong the stamp duty uncertainty.

That woman is charmless, sycophantic and totally USELESS! :angry:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest AuntJess

She is one of the many Whitehall parasites I'd like to condemn to life in a high rise flat in the middle of some crummy area, with an income JUST on the poverty line.

Born and bred in Salford, no one is in a better position to know of the plight of the poor. Instead of making herself useful, she jumped on the gravy train and has been instrumental in increasing the misery of her fellow lower-income Salfordians.

She is a throughly unprincipled little squirt - no heart - no talent - nowt.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Agree, Aunt Jess.

Hazel Blears, from an informal straw poll of friends, family and blogs everywhere is second (3rd) only to Brown and Balls in terms of public loathing.

She is a type we have all come across in life - short, gabby and pushy little female - high heels, overactive thyroid and ego which is about 500 times too big for their body mass. Wendy Alexander sould be her Scottish sister....................... what is it with Labour?

HOLA4413

Hoo ..dunno ....bendy wendys got a wee bit of a sense of humour ........

Blears just makes me feel unclean

what are the chances of her re-employment after she gets portillo'd in the elections ?...even the beeb will have no reason to have her on .... I really hope Cameron sorts out the quango bolt holes for unemployable ex nu-lab as soon as he gets in

Edited by Tankus

HOLA4414

what are the chances of her re-employment after she gets portillo'd in the elections ?...even the beeb will have no reason to have her on .... I really hope Cameron sorts out the quango bolt holes for unemployable ex nu-lab as soon as he gets in

Christ, anyone listening to nervous FTB Nathan on 5live?

The boy has an offer accepted on a repo at 90 grand(but it's 'worth' 100k-BOL!) but is having second thoughts.

The boy wants to make a 'sizeable profit' on his purchase, but doesn't want to risk anything.

He wants to buy 'because I am throwing away £350 a month renting'

someone want to phone in to offer some advice....!

HOLA4415
Christ, anyone listening to nervous FTB Nathan on 5live?

The boy has an offer accepted on a repo at 90 grand(but it's 'worth' 100k-BOL!) but is having second thoughts.

The boy wants to make a 'sizeable profit' on his purchase, but doesn't want to risk anything.

He wants to buy 'because I am throwing away £350 a month renting'

someone want to phone in to offer some advice....!

gees, all the callers told him to go for it.

poor fecker.

who-ha-ha..

HOLA4416

excellent article on this topic on Moneyweek

things must be bad if politicians tell the truth

Ms Blears told The Times that "we know things are tough and understand that people are worried. But Britain's economy is fundamentally strong."

This is just patronising rubbish, and voters are rightly irritated by it. She may not realise it, but she's effectively saying: "you're all panicking over nothing. The economy's basically fine and you're just stupid people who are taken in by all these nasty newspaper headlines."

And what does "fundamentally strong" mean? Our houses are overpriced, and our economy is dependent on people spending money they don't have on non-productive goods imported from other countries. Our banks are short of money, our government is up to its eyeballs in debt, and unemployment is rising rapidly. Where's the strength in any of that?

HOLA4417

It's hard to see her getting "portilloed" at the next election. She got 13,000 votes alst time, nearly 10,000 ahead of the Tories. Mind you, there have been boundary chnages and I don't know what effect this will have next time.

HOLA4418
It's hard to see her getting "portilloed" at the next election. She got 13,000 votes alst time, nearly 10,000 ahead of the Tories. Mind you, there have been boundary chnages and I don't know what effect this will have next time.

Boundary changes just make the seat bigger, i.e. up to close to the correct number of voters! Not much change to the swing required, which is about 17%. She will probably hang on with a much reduced majority - the tories and Lib Dems split the anti-labour vote quite neatly in 2 last time.

HOLA4419

Even for a politician, Blears comes across as particularly arrogant. And thick.

HOLA4420
Guest AuntJess
Agree, Aunt Jess.

Hazel Blears, from an informal straw poll of friends, family and blogs everywhere is second (3rd) only to Brown and Balls in terms of public loathing.

She is a type we have all come across in life - short, gabby and pushy little female - high heels, overactive thyroid and ego which is about 500 times too big for their body mass. Wendy Alexander sould be her Scottish sister....................... what is it with Labour?

Just seen her again on TV.Can we NOT get away from that horrific image!! :o

Arrgggghhhhhh!!!!!

My blood pressure rises every time I see that smug bitch. I'd like to shake her till her teeth rattled. :angry:

My fantasy is to spend a day hurling refuse at Broon, Balls, and Mears in the stocks!! :lol::lol:

Oh Joy! Oh, Rapture!

HOLA4421

why is blears doing Flints job today ? Flint is out ?

Pity the libs and cons don't agree to have only one ...most likely wining party to stand in all the current cabinet members constituencies ...it would be the patriotic thing to do ..one on one