House Price Crash Forum

When Will Sellers Get It?

HOLA441

I've looked into buying this house:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-108...=1&tr_t=buy

But for this area its still miles too much money.

in the past 18 months or so its been on with 4 different estate agents. In this time the price hasnt moved at all (maybe 10 grand or so).

Why do people think that moving EAs will magically make the house sell.

Most people (80% I'm told) use the Internet to search using Vebra or Rightmove. The only thing that the EA seems to do is take the initial pictures and knock up the listing for Rightmove. Begs the question why they really need an office.

Their days are numbered.

HOLA442

I think its Fred Wests old house!

Is it a symptom of my age that 170 grand seems cheap for that? It doesn't look terribly overpriced to me, are we sure there isn't something wrong with the house that's stopping it selling?

HOLA443
Is it a symptom of my age that 170 grand seems cheap for that? It doesn't look terribly overpriced to me, are we sure there isn't something wrong with the house that's stopping it selling?

its in Bridlington, its in the north east, although for the size I would have thought it would be a little more... Weren't modern 2BR sea front flats selling for similar amounts in similar NE coastal towns?

Edited by moosetea

HOLA444

Quite a lot of the original features have been removed during renovation including ceiling roses, picture rails, sash windows. If it was sympathetically restored then maybe it would have sold by now.

The other problem is that the typical Brid income is quite low.

Money does come into the town from West and South Yorkshire when people retire, but these people are typically looking for something smaller like a bungalow.

An EA said the other day to me that since money comes into the town from the retiring people from elsewhere Brid should escape a massive price crash - we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Yorkshire Lad

HOLA445
HOLA446

GAWD! What's the matter with people? Am I the only person that thinks 170k is a bluddy fortune for ANYTHING? IT"S 170,000 frixinpounds for crips sake man!

No wonder it was easy to create a mind numbing BUBBLE (not seen that word for a bit-how things are mitigated eh?) as we have seen over last decade. Get real man. Bet you don't whinge at 40% sneaky price increases at the supermarket either. You deserve to pay top whack because you accept it easily "dontcha"? :blink:

HOLA447
GAWD! What's the matter with people? Am I the only person that thinks 170k is a bluddy fortune for ANYTHING? IT"S 170,000 frixinpounds for crips sake man!

No wonder it was easy to create a mind numbing BUBBLE (not seen that word for a bit-how things are mitigated eh?) as we have seen over last decade. Get real man. Bet you don't whinge at 40% sneaky price increases at the supermarket either. You deserve to pay top whack because you accept it easily "dontcha"? :blink:

Exactly. I feel like a lunatic when I say I don't want to pay more than 40-80k for a solid range of semi's in the north west. And even then I think it's too much.

But EA's are contacting me now that prices are falling into my range, mainly repo's I might add not actual OO sellers.

HOLA448
Becareful Yorkshire lad, that is too close to trinity rd for my liking, thats where all the druggies live.

Druggies are everywhere in Brid.

A few months back we went to view a place on Wellington Road, and in every room you could smell the weed.

Like any other town of this size its got a fair few problems.

Recently there were murders in Wellington Road, Moorfield Road (by a 16 year old with a knife) and at least one drug related death. Sounds like the wild west, maybe thats why some houses arent selling.

HOLA449

No I remember my dad paying £150k for our house in 1999, I was amazed at that amount of money. Imagine 150,000 pound coins lined up or 300,000 50 pences. Now people just reel off figures 175,000, 200,000, 250,000 like it is nothing. Its a quarter of a million pounds for a crappy new build shoehorned inbetween 2 other crappy new builds on an estate where 75% of the residents are probably 1 pay day away from defaulting.

HOLA4410
Druggies are everywhere in Brid.

A few months back we went to view a place on Wellington Road, and in every room you could smell the weed.

Like any other town of this size its got a fair few problems.

Recently there were murders in Wellington Road, Moorfield Road (by a 16 year old with a knife) and at least one drug related death. Sounds like the wild west, maybe thats why some houses arent selling.

I lived in Brid for about 6 months, I stayed in a guest house on Marshall ave for about 10 weeks, then moved onto Trinity rd. I told my work colleuges at my work place in Brid that i had moved to trinty rd and they all bowed their heads and said OMG, thats the worst street in brid, full of druggies. TBH though it wasnt that bad though.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
My sincerest apologies. 170k is an absolute bloody fortune for anything, my point is that this house is has 6 bedrooms, 3 receptions rooms and 2 bathrooms. You will have to forgive the fact that I'm Irish and have therefore lived with the bubble for longer, my family sold a 3 and a half bed council house in a crappy area, a good 45 mins (more in rush hour) from Dublin city centre for 100k 10 years ago. And before we get into an argument about currency conversion rates, I'd like to point out that the brittish pound is now worth less compared to the Euro than the Irish pound was when the exchange rate was set (which I think was about the same time my family sold this house).

Point taken. Maybe I was a bit harsh, but I work pretty hard for the relative pittance I can put away for my future. I see silly figures people are paying for homes and I get pitlled off not just a bit. I sometimes think the major part of the population are so busy counting their eyelashes they don't have the capacity or timing to control a wet fahhht. I was never the one to shout 'fuxin sheeple' now I wonder.

HOLA4415