House Price Crash Forum

Olympics Closing Ceremony

juvenal

HOLA441
HOLA442

It's only fair to compare and contrast London's effort to the Beijing segment at the Athens Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOClXZYNruE

Personally I think the London segment was much better and significantly less cliched than the Chinese performance. I have to hand it to the Chinese though; only they would blow up a little girl in front of a worldwide audience as punishment for bad singing.

HOLA443

As a non-Londoner, I'll just enjoy the gaffes for the next 4 years. :D

Feel sorry for the poor majority of Londoners though, who will pay for this extravganza via their taxes. I would have thought that big business sponsors could have footed the whole bill, as they seem to be the major beneficiaries of the Games. Already we've had Phelps the swimmer in London pretending he's happy to be there when all he wants to do is get back to the USA and enjoy time with his family. BUT - he's sponsored and very well paid by a well known credit card, so is obliged to make the trip. Indeed, we've seen their company logo more often on our tv screens than the 2012 logo, so far........

As for the £9Billion price tag for the games and its so-called "regeneration" of East London? Why couldn't they invest even £1Billion per year for 9 years and avoid the whole Olympics circus? More money would surely find its way into the pockets of local people than using it for 2012 corprate events, consultants, advertising, tv programs, paying z-list celebs, etc etc. And I'm not even going to start on the corrupt politicians like Seb Coe who are siphoning off a tidy packet via a neat company setup .......... :(

HOLA444
HOLA445
It's only fair to compare and contrast London's effort to the Beijing segment at the Athens Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOClXZYNruE

i don't think ours stands up against that. it looked like they'd practised.

ours looks like someone only told us that we had to do it the night before and so we cobbled something together by raiding a fancy dress shop and telling an amateur dance troop to go out and 'improvise'.

and don't get me started on the animation.

HOLA446
i don't think ours stands up against that. it looked like they'd practised.

ours looks like someone only told us that we had to do it the night before and so we cobbled something together by raiding a fancy dress shop and telling an amateur dance troop to go out and 'improvise'.

and don't get me started on the animation.

That's how we used to win wars. Get stuck in and hope for the best.

HOLA447

IMO...

Some good points:

----------------------

Singer from M People

Clash song

Red arrows

Good turn-out

Leona is actually from 'ackney

'Gold' by the Spands

Girl violin player seemed ok!

Jimmy Page looked Chinese

Couldn't quite see fully up Leona's dress

Some Naff/laughable points:

---------------------------------

- Why 'whole lotta love'? a very out of date tune (though good in it's time) and you couldn't hear the lyrics anyhow so it was pointless using someone with a 'great' voice but who can't perform

- 'Posing' rock & yoof dancers

- 'Dancers' in flame fancy dress - looked like the outfits were made of crepe paper for some ghastly british gas ad which seemed even more naff after seeing the grandiose performance of the Chinese flame

Also 3 kids in the 'flame dance' just seemed to be thrown in there as an excuse to represent kids

- Flogging the return of the athletes to death and all the naff questions and comments were mainly repetition of what we heard before

- I loved the reply to that stupid bint asking the questions trying to make it sound sooo exciting when she asked 'did you have a good time on the plane?' to get the reply '..well I was tired and there was a lot of sleeping going on...'. Also she asked the 14year old diver if he'd be partying! I was just hoping for a reply like '..well, my mum said I could have some shandy and stay up a bit later but I am still only 14..' Almost as good though he seemed to ignore that part of her question!

- Having a sole camera to show the athletes being presented to Brown which was positioned so we could see Gordy & Jowel from the front both looking so proud & releived to be the centre of attraction on TV when we could only see the backs of the athletes who all the fuss was about

- Boring big red bus, boring occupants & umbrellas

- Couldn't quite see fully up Leona's dress

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
just seen it.

shocking. student quality animation followed by hokey dance routines. the whole world was watching.... and we served up that amateur tat.

I know. I thought I was the only person who saw that animation and thought 'eh?'

It was ATROCIOUS. The quality of that animation was appalling.

And the thing that really bugged me. Those dancers stood in that queue threw their newspapers on the ground when the bus came. I thought, yes, now the whole of the world know what litter bugs the British are.

HOLA4413
so nobody can come up with anything better then..........

didn't think so.

Gold Bullion track enters to the sound of the great escape. All our Olympic medalist throwing there gold and silver medals into the back. Stops in the middle. everyone climbs on board. Someone lights a standard firework £1 banger, lobs it to the floor with all medalists pretending to yawn and then everyone sticks two fingers up.

Sound of Land of hope and glory blasts out whilst all medalists continue to give V-signs and *****-er signs to the world whilst slowly leaving the arena.

Hows that? Do you think they will like it?

:lol:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415