House Price Crash Forum

Latest Pearl Of Wisdom-

Guest KingCharles1st

HOLA441
Guest KingCharles1st

that he is...

"Look- Whats happening is this- but the newspapers are putting a downer on it all, its the EXPENSIVE houses that are dropping back- NOT the cheap ones. Lets say the big houses fall back at 10%, then the small ones and flats and stuff only drop back at 1-2%, they don't tell you that...!"

:unsure::ph34r:

HOLA442
HOLA443
Did you stick a glass in his face? If anything, the price of mansions will probably hold up due to all the MPs lining up to buy them on their second home allowance.

Talking about mindless acts of violence in pubs, what happened at the HPC pub meet?

Did Bruuno turn up?

Is there a thread about it I can go & read?

HOLA444

There may be a glimmer of truth in all this. Let me explain!

Those getting desperate to sell in houses supposedly 'worth' £250k plus have to knock lumps off, i.e. £20k, £30k to make a difference and attract a buyer.

But at the other end of the price scales, especially as far away from the Home Counties as here in the West Mids, dropping £20 - £30k (15-20%) off a semi would drop to the same asking price as a flat (sorry, apartment <_< ). Only if the whole market falls here will there be substantial 'average' falls in prices.

Edited by Stourbridge Baggie

HOLA445
There may be a glimmer of truth in all this. Let me explain!

Those getting desperate to sell in houses supposedly 'worth' £250k plus have to knock lumps off, i.e. £20k, £30k to make a difference and attract a buyer.

But at the other end of the price scales, especially as far away from the Home Counties as here in the West Mids, dropping £20 - £30k (15-20%) off a semi would drop to the same asking price as a flat (sorry, apartment <_< ). Only if the whole market falls here will there be substantial 'average' falls in prices.

There might be a glimmer of truth in the man's argumnet, SB, but I tend to think it's just another way of explaining away a harsh reality. :o

HOLA446

The bottom (the real bottom, the houses that people normally wouldn't want at all) does rise in a bust like this because everyone has to live somewhere and a terrace in the middle of crack alley is all that some can afford.

Why?

Quite a lot of peopel have this nervous tick about renting, they have to buy to feel secure. Mad of course but what isn't in property?

HOLA447
that he is...

"Look- Whats happening is this- but the newspapers are putting a downer on it all, its the EXPENSIVE houses that are dropping back- NOT the cheap ones. Lets say the big houses fall back at 10%, then the small ones and flats and stuff only drop back at 1-2%, they don't tell you that...!"

:unsure::ph34r:

Roughly translated 'My house is my pension and if its value plummets I'm up shit creek sans paddle'.

HOLA448
Guest KingCharles1st
There might be a glimmer of truth in the man's argument, SB, but I tend to think it's just another way of explaining away a harsh reality. :o

That was my take on the discussion. Anyway, it's good to know that there are sooo many people out there who will believe absolutely anything but the truth, and that THEY THEMSELVES could never have made a BAD or UNINFORMED DECISION! and this is why the pain will continue for an awfully long time.

Thois particular guy bought his flat for 100K, thinks some have been "valued" at 80K, but still thinks he has 20K equity... :blink:

HOLA449
Talking about mindless acts of violence in pubs, what happened at the HPC pub meet?

Did Bruuno turn up?

Is there a thread about it I can go & read?

It was pinned for a long time, but now you'll have to search for it.

Bruno did not turn up, unless he was in disguise.

The police tried to persuade the management to close the pub for the night but they refused.

Edited by Nationalist

HOLA4410
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

The police tried to persuade the management to close the pub for the night but they refused.

Haha, very New Labour.

"We've received a threat from someone"

"Well, we take a tough stand on terrorism in order to protect your liberties, you're all under house curfew while we shut down this pub which is struggling with revenue since smoking was demonised. Are you complaining, sir? We will be forced to arrest you under the Public Order Act."

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest KingCharles1st

Seriously- are you joking? :blink:

HOLA4413
The bottom (the real bottom, the houses that people normally wouldn't want at all) does rise in a bust like this because everyone has to live somewhere and a terrace in the middle of crack alley is all that some can afford.

Why?

Quite a lot of peopel have this nervous tick about renting, they have to buy to feel secure. Mad of course but what isn't in property?

Do you have the data to back that up?

It doesn't quite fit with the classic 90s crash scenario of whole streets of manchester terraced housing for sale for about £10k

HOLA4414

I think if he had been their, the disguise would have been broken when the AK47 he was threatening you with was pulled from under his coat. :blink:

HOLA4415

I think the type of property of which you speak will go right back to where they were 8 years ago ie; you will be able to buy a street of terraced flats on your credit card. It's for the reason that someone pointed out the other day, namely that the lower end consists of such crap that it will be so cheap that most FTB's will skip that rung of the ladder and get something a bit more decent.

If the current crash follows the course that people on here think it will then those type areas round here, Gateshead and the East and West end of the Toon, will be full of 2 bed flats you can buy for 15K and rent for £55-£70 a week to DSS Chavs.

HOLA4416
Do you have the data to back that up?

It doesn't quite fit with the classic 90s crash scenario of whole streets of manchester terraced housing for sale for about £10k

They weren't bought to live in, they were bought for scrap + land, in the safe knowledge that an uptrun would soon come. Those streets are still there in many cases, all boarded up and waiting for the boom and/or regeneration projects to come around to them. They will be waiting a very long time.

In the depression, some very rough areas acquired a lot of people from the middle class and upper middle class who had fallen on hard times. I'll have a go at finding the site I got the info from but it suggested that in a depression both the top end and the bottom end rose, it was the houses that would usually be bought by the middle classes that got decimated as they all lost their jobs/savings and had to downsize en masse, while the people at the top end had all been the ones who made out like bandits.