House Price Crash Forum

The Oil Crisis

HOLA441

Is the word the oil crisis the new word for peak oil in the mainstream media? Just like housing slowdown has replaced housing crash?

Is this more collective jingoism so as to not scare the sheeple or to keep the truth as far away from them as possible?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
Is the word the oil crisis the new word for peak oil in the mainstream media? Just like housing slowdown has replaced housing crash?

Is this more collective jingoism so as to not scare the sheeple or to keep the truth as far away from them as possible?

How the hell can anyone say it is peak oil?!?

How do they know?

People don't half talk ********.

HOLA444

There clearly is an issue with oil - IT WILL RUN OUT.

However the current oil price spike will probably fall at some point if a world wide recession kicks in.

We have known this since the 70's and it's complete political negligence nothing has been done and I'm quite sure there's been some pressure put on politicians by the big oil companies to keep us using oil.

The faster we move away from oil the better.

HOLA445
Guest Mr Parry

Not been in the UK for many months now Smiffy. Is it now a full crash, are the media now saying this?

HOLA446
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Not been in the UK for many months now Smiffy. Is it now a full crash, are the media now saying this?

Parry. Britain - full of crash and fail.

HOLA447

How do they know?

well looking at Mexican and North sea oil decline and regulary reading the Oil drum whom seem to know what they are talking about, plus saudi king saying the other month leave whats left in the ground for the children plus rise of Bric there is no doubt in my mind that demand has exceeded supply, and i also agree that the money supply has loads to do with the price as well, with each green little dollar coming off the printing press devaluing the value of that paper currency backed by nothing.

But we have mots definably reached a peak in production with simmons saying the other day that by 2015 we could be producing 60 MB per day.

HOLA448
HOLA449

How do they know?

Look at the table attached. Examine the exports for each country. Exports are falling as production declines / plateaus. This is the oil crisis. Sure speculators are driving the price higher no doubt but this is a multifaceted problem.

oilprice_5.jpg

post-10375-1215545435_thumb.jpg

HOLA4410
Guest Mr Parry
Parry. Britain - full of crash and fail.

Fear not. Over here, my economic bellweather is the guy that pumps the sh1t from septic tanks. He says when the economy's good he's very busy!

How are you anyway?

HOLA4411
Fear not. Over here, my economic bellweather is the guy that pumps the sh1t from septic tanks. He says when the economy's good he's very busy!

How are you anyway?

Good day to you Mr. Parry!

Perhaps he has an anaerobiC digester and conVerts you sh1t into gas to sell :lol:

Where theres muck theres brass ;)

HOLA4412

Perhaps Global Warming / Climate Change is the new media name for peak oil.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Perhaps Global Warming / Climate Change is the new media name for peak oil.

I distinctly remember watching the BBC year in review December 2007 and remember twinkle toes (now on Radio 4 in the morning) saying watch out for the Words peak oil being mentioned a lot in the media in 2008, sounds like peak oil was to complex for the sheeple so instead they are using Oil crisis!

HOLA4415
I distinctly remember watching the BBC year in review December 2007 and remember twinkle toes (now on Radio 4 in the morning) saying watch out for the Words peak oil being mentioned a lot in the media in 2008, sounds like peak oil was to complex for the sheeple so instead they are using Oil crisis!

I've been winked at by Tinsel T1ts in an airport departure lounge, but who is this Twinkle Toes you mention?

HOLA4416
Guest Mr Parry
Good day to you Mr. Parry!

Perhaps he has an anaerobiC digester and conVerts you sh1t into gas to sell :lol:

Where theres muck theres brass ;)

Hello Kurt!

The wife informed me this evening that as last week was rice picking week, this coming weeks activities will mainly involve the slaughter of pigs. Nice!!! So I may have to wait a while for biodigester fuel.

I'm getting recycling going up here. Plastic is a big problem, although the place is tidier than usual.

Foods getting more expensive by the week. No matter. I walked round the side of the house the other day to find Mrs. Parry taking great delight in beating a Cobra to death with a bamboo pole! I didn't ask what the soup d'jour was that night . . .

I just bought a new house here for £4k. I'm like the John Rambo of DIY. God has it been hot. Paint for 2 minutes, stop under fan 30 minutes.

Had an outside bog, knocked it down after it got invaded by scorpions. Hideous things.

Anyway, hope you're all doing okay over there.

HOLA4417

I think a mixture of horrific monetary policy and peak oil are both to blame here. Looking at the stats for production capacity, i think it's likely that oil will have a more difficult time going down in price than it has had going up. Especially with Saudi Arabia and UAE increasing in their own oil demand faster now than the BRIC countries.

HOLA4418
well looking at Mexican and North sea oil decline and regulary reading the Oil drum whom seem to know what they are talking about, plus saudi king saying the other month leave whats left in the ground for the children plus rise of Bric there is no doubt in my mind that demand has exceeded supply, and i also agree that the money supply has loads to do with the price as well, with each green little dollar coming off the printing press devaluing the value of that paper currency backed by nothing.

But we have mots definably reached a peak in production with simmons saying the other day that by 2015 we could be producing 60 MB per day.

Smiffy - I hope you didn't interpret my post as having a pop at you. That wasn't my intention. I was expressing general frustation with that widely held belief.

However, in reponse to your post:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/archives/peak_oil/index.htm

Richard Branson has even stated his intention to set up his own refinery because the price of oil is artificially being kept high whilst new sources are not being explored and new refineries not being built.

Production is down to production capability rather than available reserves. Known available reserves are plentiful, and ignoring the fact that there must be a huge amount of un-tapped black stuff means that we are creating our own crisis here which is purley down to:-

1) panic to invest or "speculate" as the media would have us belief in a tangible commodity that everyone needs.

and

2) as you mention: quite simply too much money, (which I believe to be the primary driver - and due to it's nature - there is very little we can now do to solve this problem in the short term).

I don't think that anyone really believes that ACTUAL demand for oil has increased by the same percentage as the it's price would reflect?

Do we think all of that money created in the housing / credit boom would just disappear with the writedowns and foreclosures?

Similarly, for food. I read an article the other day (sorry no link - it was so bad I didn't keep a record) that suggested that India and China's new wealth meant that their population were now demanding better quality food stuffs?

Are we really to be believe that people are starting to starve in Africa purely because a those in China and other places, are demanding steak, chips and pepper sauce for their tea?

HOLA4419
Hello Kurt!

The wife informed me this evening that as last week was rice picking week, this coming weeks activities will mainly involve the slaughter of pigs. Nice!!! So I may have to wait a while for biodigester fuel.

I'm getting recycling going up here. Plastic is a big problem, although the place is tidier than usual.

Foods getting more expensive by the week. No matter. I walked round the side of the house the other day to find Mrs. Parry taking great delight in beating a Cobra to death with a bamboo pole! I didn't ask what the soup d'jour was that night . . .

I just bought a new house here for £4k. I'm like the John Rambo of DIY. God has it been hot. Paint for 2 minutes, stop under fan 30 minutes.

Had an outside bog, knocked it down after it got invaded by scorpions. Hideous things.

Anyway, hope you're all doing okay over there.

If your pig slaughterin is 'in house' - watch out for the worms - tape worms and round worms!

As for Cobra - I'm sure the Thais some good recipes :lol: A bit like well packed fish I hear?

HOLA4420
Guest Mr Parry
If your pig slaughterin is 'in house' - watch out for the worms - tape worms and round worms!

As for Cobra - I'm sure the Thais some good recipes :lol: A bit like well packed fish I hear?

Taste's like chicken.

HOLA4421
Guest Mr Parry
I think a mixture of horrific monetary policy and peak oil are both to blame here. Looking at the stats for production capacity, i think it's likely that oil will have a more difficult time going down in price than it has had going up. Especially with Saudi Arabia and UAE increasing in their own oil demand faster now than the BRIC countries.

What d'ya think they're doin' will all that SLS money?

Exchange MBS for T-Bills, exchange T-Bills for Commodities.

The GOVT have given them YOUR money. THEY are now using YOUR money to make YOU poor.

'orrible init?

HOLA4422
Taste's like chicken.

Anything has got to be better than those petrol station burgers you used to buy :blink: . I bet you don't get those in Thailand. What were they rasslers or something?

The best thing you're missing is BTLers in real panic. My landlord has decided to sell quick instead of let the flat again. He's reduced the price in the last month and I'm trying to squeeze a 10% discounted on the rent while he sells :lol:

Edited by Oxfordite

HOLA4423
Guest Mr Parry
Anything has got to be better than those petrol station burgers you used to buy :blink: . I bet you don't get those in Thailand. What were they rasslers or something?

The best thing you're missing is BTLers in real panic. My landlord has decided to sell quick instead of let the flat again. He's reduced the price in the last month and I'm trying to squeeze a 10% discounted on the rent while he sells :lol:

No no Philly . . . Seven Eleven do a nasty range of truely dreadful, E-Coli 157, disgusting, foul, noxious . . . chicken burgers. Available at any petrol station. I avoid, as I don't want to die.

I found an outlet that sells potatos. Which I microwave and have with beans rather than snake!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

How are you anyway?

All good here. Starting to seriously look at Canada as a possibility.