House Price Crash Forum

A New Forest Is Growing . . .

Guest Noodle

HOLA441
Guest Mr Parry

Just driven through the Vision of Hell that truely is Weston-super-Mare.

A few days ago, a few FOR SALE signs were about, mostly with SALE AGREED.

Today counted at least 20 new ones on a short trip through town.

Anyone else noticing the same where you are?

HOLA442
HOLA443
They seem to be breaking out in clusters. I reckon it's the "ooh, look how much the neighbours are going to get - why don't we cash in" mentality, although that was before yesterday's Halifax bombshell.

Just imagine that feeling,,,,

Pop into agents on monday get valuation immediately, agree on everything, sign goes up Tuesday morning :rolleyes: and then you open the paper or turn on the news or listen to the radio. :o Grim Grim Grim from all angles.

By the end of tuesday the For Sale signs starts resembling something more akin to a headstone. :(

Edited by boshdadosh

HOLA444

I dont think many people from Weston Super Mare will be donating to your charity today.

HOLA445
Guest Mr Parry
I dont think many people from Weston Super Mare will be donating to your charity today.

I very much doubt any of them would anyway. Strange place W-S-M. There was even a thread about this hole on HPC a few weeks ago.

HOLA446

Cardiff!

New developments everywhere!

HOLA447
Pop into agents on monday get valuation immediately, agree on everything, sign goes up Tuesday morning :rolleyes: and then you open the paper or turn on the news or listen to the radio. :o Grim Grim Grim from all angles.

By the end of tuesday the For Sale signs starts resembling something more akin to a headstone. :(

The board went up at my aunt's neighbour's on Tuesday morning. I'm not joking!

HOLA448

They should make them water soluble so they dissapear after say 6 months, its great in the summer when they fade and in the winter when they get all battered and sorry looking.

Ahh, it's looking like the 80's more and more, I almost want to perm my hair and wear florescent pink, does anyone remember the HUGE boards they used to have?

They had to make them smaller after the last crash as they were everywhere!

Unfortunately, it seems not the thing to have a sold board up at the moment, Mr G and I were out looking at houses last weekend (from the outside) and it was hard to tell which ones were the ones for sale, we did see one with about 5 boards on one stick, was very comical looking, we were tempted to write accross them JUST REDUCE THE FLIPPIN' PRICE!

So no not seen a great increase in them, YET.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest Mr Parry
I was in Weston last week, I noticed this too. There were also alot of for sale signs on the main A38 going into WsM coming from Burnham direction.....

Tracey, this is not mean't to be a rude or patronising question, but are you still a 'Bull'?

HOLA4413

It still suprises me when somewhere you know pops up on the internet, especially a small place like Weston...

Anyway, back to the point.. Weston does seem to be swamped(!!) with for sale signs at the moment, although personally i have noticed that alot of 'solds' have also creeped up too on place that have been sat for a while..

One thing that is frustrating, is the prices just ARE NOT coming down... at all. I will check in the papers each week but each week they seem to detach more and more from the country. Prices in the UK may have gone down 2.5% last month, but in Weston-super-Mare im sure they went up!

HOLA4414

Lots of for sale signs are appearing on one some new build flats (about 5 years old) near where I live in north West London. Not so many houses at the moment. The new build flats look a bit like ships, so this might be a case of rats deserting the sinking ship.

Here is an example...

sinking ship

Loads of new build blocks of flats are half built in the area with ridiculous asking prices.

Edited by BecksMyCat

HOLA4415
Tracey, this is not mean't to be a rude or patronising question, but are you still a 'Bull'?

Why would anyone copy your signature and use it as theirs? I support 5 different charities. Should I list them all in my signature and exhort other posters to support them?

I get a bit fed up of people ramming this stuff down my throat.

HOLA4416
Guest Mr Parry
It still suprises me when somewhere you know pops up on the internet, especially a small place like Weston...

Anyway, back to the point.. Weston does seem to be swamped(!!) with for sale signs at the moment, although personally i have noticed that alot of 'solds' have also creeped up too on place that have been sat for a while..

One thing that is frustrating, is the prices just ARE NOT coming down... at all. I will check in the papers each week but each week they seem to detach more and more from the country. Prices in the UK may have gone down 2.5% last month, but in Weston-super-Mare im sure they went up!

I gave up looking a couple of years ago when I realised I did'nt want anything bigger than the miniscule flat I have on Weston hillside.

HOLA4417
Lots going up one some new build flats (about 5 years old) near where I live in north West London. Not so many houses at the moment.

Loads of new build blocks of flats are half built, with ridiculous asking prices.

The developers must surely start cutting prices soon? I can`t work out what they think is going to reignite the market? Of course if the developers start cutting there is no other way for the sheeple but to get cutting, so I suppose the developers know how much power them pulling the ripcord has on sentiment, and will wait until the last possible moment? The way mortgage lending is going at the moment the sheeple have a long long drop ahead of them before they will get any interest, unless someone who is mentally ill has just robbed a bank.There are going to be a lot of people ruined over this house price madness, a lot lot more than last time IMO.

HOLA4418
I gave up looking a couple of years ago when I realised I did'nt want anything bigger than the miniscule flat I have on Weston hillside.

I have been looking in a similar area by the sounds of it... All I want is a reasonable victorian hillside place... the whole town is however innundated with modern 'development' properties that all look the same (shoddy!)... in St. Georges, Locking Castle, West Wick... it goes on an on and its driving me mad!

I did notice something excellent a few weeks back however which is fun to share. In St. Georges opposite the new school a Barratts showroom and board went up and sat there for 6 months. One day, it totally vanished. Board, fencing and showroom all gone... :lol:

HOLA4419
Guest Mr Parry
Why would anyone copy your signature and use it as theirs? I support 5 different charities. Should I list them all in my signature and exhort other posters to support them?

I get a bit fed up of people ramming this stuff down my throat.

So what! That signatures been there for months. No one else has complained. I you don't like it . . . . well that's your problem you miserable . . . .

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest Mr Parry
Hardly a surprise, the news has been full of house price crash stories over the past 2 weeks.

Interesting to see how fast media influences the public.

HOLA4422
Interesting to see how fast media influences the public.

You will the tide has changed properly when property snake listings are pink.

Im not really detecting asking prices being reduced much.

This may happen as late as next year :(

Im expecting a summer where NOTHING shifts .

Autumn for all of the resets to really hit the market (750k for sale/rent on FindaProperty)

winter ....lets wait for the spring bounce again.

fooooook.

HOLA4423
The Home Information Pack providers must be busy....

for the moment.

Of course they will have another rush in a few months when all those HIPs go out of date

The for sale signs will be so old that they'll need a HIP replacement.

I'll get me coat.

HOLA4424

The local papers say the same in south Wales.

There could be several explanations. My favourite is HPC. But this and the Halifax figures could be a reflection that people are now buying the smaller sheeeeityer properties cos they can't afford the average any more. I am inclined to agree with the stagnation of sales bit until next year too. Property developers and builders blink first IMO.

You may not remember but I posted on here recently (to buy or not to buy) and had the obligatory kicking for being a troll etc but I'm not buying now TF, had a couple of posts blocked too (you've got to worry!), ANYWAY, the EA called to say the vendor'd been in to see if he could get a new survey and any necessary work done etc etc, she actually told me that things're dead at the moment... compared to the situ this time last year their business is so slow it's hardly recognisible! EA's blink next.

But it is next year.

HOLA4425