House Price Crash Forum

B.n.p. Cause For Concern?

Arsene Wenger

HOLA441

Last night saw three by-elections:-

London Borough of Havering, Gooshays: BNP 865, Labour 741, Con 489, UKIP 70, National Liberal 62, Lib Dem 52. BNP hold. This ward is typical of the London overspill estates that were once solidly Labour, but have now shifted markedly rightwards. This is the second time in recent months that the BNP have retained an Essex seat in a by-election, this time with an increased vote share. The Conservatives performed poorly, given that they hold the other two seats in the ward.

London Borough of Lambeth,Vassall. Lib. Dem. 1209, Labour 856, Conservative 206, Green 109, English Democrat 8, Independent 7. Liberal Democrat gain from Labour, on a 12% swing. The Liberal Democrats performed badly in Lambeth in 2006,and so will be delighted by their performance in this ward. Quite possibly, the Lambeth/Southwark GLA constituency will now be vulnerable to them in May.

Arun District, Yapton. Conservative 620, Labour 212, BNP 205. An easy Conservative hold, but again, a surprisingly high vote for the BNP.

It remains to be seen how things will pan out on May 1 in the local elections,disturbing nonetheless

HOLA442

London Borough of Havering, Gooshays: BNP 865, Labour 741, Con 489, UKIP 70, National Liberal 62, Lib Dem 52. BNP hold. This ward is typical of the London overspill estates that were once solidly Labour, but have now shifted markedly rightwards. This is the second time in recent months that the BNP have retained an Essex seat in a by-election, this time with an increased vote share. The Conservatives performed poorly, given that they hold the other two seats in the ward.

London Borough of Lambeth,Vassall. Lib. Dem. 1209, Labour 856, Conservative 206, Green 109, English Democrat 8, Independent 7. Liberal Democrat gain from Labour, on a 12% swing. The Liberal Democrats performed badly in Lambeth in 2006,and so will be delighted by their performance in this ward. Quite possibly, the Lambeth/Southwark GLA constituency will now be vulnerable to them in May.

Arun District, Yapton. Conservative 620, Labour 212, BNP 205. An easy Conservative hold, but again, a surprisingly high vote for the BNP.

It remains to be seen how things will pan out on May 1 in the local elections,disturbing nonetheless

Why is this disturbing? Disturbing to you maybe...

People quite often vote far right when they feel they want to protest about local and National issues. Quite often when it comes to general elections they tend to vote for one of the big three.

We live in a democracy and can choose to vote for whoever WE choose.

Personally I will vote conservative.

The thing I found disturbing is the reasons people are drawn to protest this way. IMO Apart from the economy the biggest issues faced by the uk these days is immigration/extremeism and the loss of our National identity.

The BNP are fully aware of this and target these legitimate fears. ( and why not )

I have no problem with who you vote for, wether it be for Labour, BNP or the monster raving loony party.

At least in this country we have the choice.

HOLA443

London Borough of Havering, Gooshays: BNP 865, Labour 741, Con 489, UKIP 70, National Liberal 62, Lib Dem 52. BNP hold. This ward is typical of the London overspill estates that were once solidly Labour, but have now shifted markedly rightwards.

In a free country I wonder why this was not reported by the nulabour media.

HOLA444

With 1,000 votes cast in Yapton it must have been a 100% turnout!!!!

As for the BNP well its Sussex we all vote BNP in sussex.

HOLA445

I will vote BNP in may. The 3 main parties are clones of each other. The BNP offer a genuine alternative.

I don't agree with all their policies but on the key issue of immigration they are the closest to my line of thinking.

Voting for the main 3 is voting for your grandchildren to be a minority in their own country and for an islamic Britain.

HOLA446
Guest KingCharles1st
I will vote BNP in may. The 3 main parties are clones of each other. The BNP offer a genuine alternative.

Yep- deffo BNP for me too- and why not...

The others have done far more mischief and laid cruelty across the land and we should still vote for one of them- yeah right.....

BUT- I probably wont be able to vote BNP- doubt if anyone will stand in this area...

You know- the gap between the haves and have nots is probably the biggest in a 100 years now- all thanks to the jokers who got voted in last time.

HOLA447

I don't agree with all their policies but on the key issue of immigration they are the closest to my line of thinking.

Voting for the main 3 is voting for your grandchildren to be a minority in their own country and for an islamic Britain.

I agree, I always vote BNP in local elections but until, ever a time comes that they stand a good chance of making a difference in a general election, my vote will be Tory, I just can`t deal with another Labour Govt. Not much difference I know.

Why would anyone be more concerened by the BNP than Islamic extremism. I know what would scare me more irrespective of colour, belief etc.

Give it another 20 years and you may not have the right to vote if we carry on the way we are.

HOLA448

I think a vote for the BNP is a cry of frustration at the way mainstream politics seems to be failing.

In the pre-Thatcher days there was what was called a `Butskellite` consensus where radical policies were not implemented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butskelism

That idiot Thatcher did away with all of that and what we are seeing now is the legacy of a liberal democratic system that has been destabilised.

I really hope that the politicians will start listening to what the people have got to say, or we`re going to see even more extremism injected into a political system (and indeed way of life) that was based on liberal, non-extremist ideas.

Unfortunately a vote for LibDem seems a waste :(

There seems little to differentiate NuLabour from a totalitarian `Big Brother` party :angry:

HOLA449

Yes it a concern , a concern that the 3 main parties will be continue to go against the interests of the british public and continue to make them second class citizens in their own country.

MP's should be shot for treason and not allowing people a vote on the EU constitution shows that we no longer belong to any thing that could be called a democracy.

Revolution is the answer to purge this nation of the cancer that has been allowed to take hold.

Yes i agree 100% with what you say and if protecting jobs and wages for british people is racist then i'm a 100% racist

HOLA4410
I think a vote for the BNP is a cry of frustration at the way mainstream politics seems to be failing.

In the pre-Thatcher days there was what was called a `Butskellite` consensus where radical policies were not implemented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butskelism

That idiot Thatcher did away with all of that and what we are seeing now is the legacy of a liberal democratic system that has been destabilised.

I really hope that the politicians will start listening to what the people have got to say, or we`re going to see even more extremism injected into a political system (and indeed way of life) that was based on liberal, non-extremist ideas.

Unfortunately a vote for LibDem seems a waste :(

There seems little to differentiate NuLabour from a totalitarian `Big Brother` party :angry:

The only thing the lib dems have in their favour is PR which I think we desperately need to overcome voter apathy.

Our political system needs root and branch reform though if you ask me.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Give it another 20 years and you may not have the right to vote if we carry on the way we are.

I doubt it will take that long..at the rate Brits are abandoning the sinking ship ....also considering birth rates.

Why are the BNP any more dangerous than New Labour? At least the BNP are honest, whether you agree with them or not. Labour have one story for the public and one for setting policy.

At least the BNP are putting the Brits first..something neither of the other 3 parties offer.

I really expect to see the BNP gaining more seats in the locals.

HOLA4413
Yes it a concern , a concern that the 3 main parties will be continue to go against the interests of the british public ...

Surely, you don't have any cause for concern, Justice. There seems to be a party available whose policies you agree with. Furthermore, the voters are willing to support them and, as we can see, have elected them. That's democracy in action. What more could you ask for?

p

HOLA4414

The labour party won the last election with a vote from less than 20% of the adult population.

The fact the nobody voted for Gordon Brown who entered the post of prime minister in a stalinist move without elections had even the hard line communists around the world applauding, including president Muggabe.

New Labour have no grounds to rule, they know they would not win an election hence the reason they cancelled the democratic right of the people to vote.

So for today, what New Labour do in terms of Government they do on their own backs, they do not have the people behind them, not now, and certainly not anytime in the distant future.

HOLA4415
Yes it a concern , a concern that the 3 main parties will be continue to go against the interests of the british public and continue to make them second class citizens in their own country.

You mistake the public interest with the ill-concieved desires of the ill-informed. It surprises me not one bit that you claim to be a racist, you're obviously stupid enough to qualify.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Archived