House Price Crash Forum

Ftse Below 6000 By The End Of The Day, Or End Of The Week?

HOLA441
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Its teetering around the 6000 mark now, dow fell a further 85 points after close (futures).

If your going to bet on a £10 a point rise might be at lows now - but i lost £350 the other day thinking it couldnt go any lower - and got burnt - im sitting on sidelines - think this is all going to crash - RICS and unemplyment not going to be good i reckon.

Noticed more and more flats for sale signs going up

Interesting times ahead - and as for NR, the government need this to dissappear quickly now........................

HOLA445
Its teetering around the 6000 mark now, dow fell a further 85 points after close (futures).

If your going to bet on a £10 a point rise might be at lows now - but i lost £350 the other day thinking it couldnt go any lower - and got burnt - im sitting on sidelines - think this is all going to crash - RICS and unemplyment not going to be good i reckon.

Interesting times ahead - and as for NR, the government need this to dissappear quickly now........................

Notice that igindex has the dow down 82 on the close of 12501.

Is igindex representative of the option market over night?

HOLA446
Not what was expected though old chap.

Intel's shares fell $3.15, or about 14 percent, to $19.49 in after hours trading.

I don't think this is what FP meant. This news was out earlier. It is probably something else, but not sure why intel would announce something the day after their results. Seems a bit strange.

I also find it interesting that everyone has decided when a SM crash will take place (Feb/March) as though the sheep's entrails somehow identify a specific moment.

Isn't it all about sentiment? It normally takes a piece of news that makes people panic and run when they ordinarily wouldn't and I think investors are softened up and PPT notwithstanding, it is not really that predictable.

FP, are you going to start another Black Wednesday thread? :)

HOLA447
I also find it interesting that everyone has decided when a SM crash will take place (Feb/March) as though the sheep's entrails somehow identify a specific moment.

Isn't it all about sentiment? It normally takes a piece of news that makes people panic and run when they ordinarily wouldn't and I think investors are softened up and PPT notwithstanding, it is not really that predictable.

Sheeps entrails, isn't that the old name for technical analysis?

HOLA448

Dow down -- -277!!! And all the rest also down!

FTSE 100 6025.6 down -190.10

Dax 7566.4 down -165.64

Cac 40 5250.8 down -152.69

Dow Jones 12501.1 down -277.04

Nasdaq 2417.6 down -60.71

S&P 500 1381.0 down -35.30

BBC Global 30 5886.5 down -155.84

HOLA449
I don't think this is what FP meant. This news was out earlier. It is probably something else, but not sure why intel would announce something the day after their results. Seems a bit strange.

Maybe its the news that the growth in demand for processors is set to stall next year (in the bloomberg article). This could be an indicator of business growth worldwide.

Just a guess.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3193239.ece

RICS says that house price falls are worst since slump of early Nineties Gr�inne Gilmore and Gary Duncan

Falls in house prices across the country may now be at their most severe since the property slump of the early Nineties, according to bleak figures today suggesting that Britain's housing downturn is gathering pace.

A highly influential barometer of housing market conditions reports this morning that 49.1 per cent more surveyors found that house prices fell last month than saw them rise.

The gloomy result is the worst since November 1992 in the closely watched poll carried out by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), when this “negative balance” fell as far as minus 60.1 per cent. December's figure compares with a negative balance of 40.6 per cent of surveyors who reported that prices were on the slide in November

HOLA4413
Sheeps entrails, isn't that the old name for technical analysis?

:lol:

Nope it's the new name. More reliable too. :D

Incidentally, I know all you guys like tech analysis and staring at charts and stuff, but aren't we in unchartable territory? Isn't this time to forget overbought and oversold, triple witching hours, double tops, treble tops, lager top and just plain short the shit out of absolutely everything for the next 6 months? :)

Before anyone actually does that, I would just say Please don't listen to me.

HOLA4414

Asia/Pacific

Last Trade Change Related Info

AORD All Ordinaries Australia 5,886.800 11:33AM AEST Down 133.000 (2.21%)

N225 Nikkei 225 Japan 13,685.58 11:13AM AEST Down 287.05 (2.05%)

NZ50 NZX 50 New Zealand 3,731.250 11:13AM AEST Down 79.252 (2.08%)

KS11 Seoul Composite South Korea 1,707.97 11:33AM AEST Down 38.98 (2.23%)

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/intlindices

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Guest grumpy-old-man
5944 as i wright.

And lo the Ftse tanketh.

5937 as i stop wrighting

could today be the day......

or do we think it's just lots of grey & dark grey days. ;)

edited

Edited by grumpy-old-man

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest grumpy-old-man
*wondering the same* :blink:

UK jobs figures out at 9:30am, could be interesting.

edited - no doubt employment will be up just like hpi. :lol::lol:

Edited by grumpy-old-man

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I bet the FTSE will be back over 6000 by the end of the week as the plunge protection team kicks in.

The FTSE seems disconected from reality as are house prices and the pain comes as reality catch up with the markets.

I blame global warming for killing the money tree myself.

HOLA4425