House Price Crash Forum

Blatant Property Ramping On R4 Now

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
I thought Bulgaria was going down faster than Paris Hilton on video?

This is what I mean by undilluted pessimism, just writing off a whole nations property with no regard to considering the merits of individual assets and the commodity value attatching.

This is why pessimists seem to miss out on the good action over time, they dont partake.

Try and think a little more broadly, for example dont just think from a little Englander perspective, consider other nations as potential property buyers - Russians, Swedes, Estonians, Ukranians etc.

HOLA447

The BBC need to be told that enough is enough, the worlds economy is in the most serious danger it has faced in living memory, a danger bought about by the biggest run on consumer debt that has ever happened.

And all the BBC can do is bury their head in the sand and do their best to drive it forward and to disaster and I am quite frankly getting furious.

This is not a game, nor is it even about housing, this is about economic Armageddon.

They are no longer in a position where they can begin to deny that they are aware of what is going on so they have to stop.

Now

If you were to say why you thought the housing market crashed in 2004 you would be correct in saying:

“To not have put a stop to the explosion in house prices and the personal debt attributed to it in 2003/2004 was to (and without any possible argument to the contrary) take the decision to sacrifice the UK economy instead. I for one still find it hard to believe that those we entrust with our future and the future of this country would do such a thing, do it with their eyes wide open and do it in the full knowledge of what would happen.

If it transpires that the decision to lower interest rates in 2005 and to again use every means to encourage the explosion of house prices and debt was to create the illusion of a prosperous economy in an effort to secure Gordon Brown his place in number ten I see no other option but to impeach the government and the Labour party at large and charge them with treason.

I hope that this was not the case, but I see no other reason for it to have happened.

The American Sub-Prime chaos stems from the fact that they did not drop their interest rates as we did, but took the deliberate action to stem the debt chaos at that time. We are not in a situation where we are being crippled by their mess, we are only being hit by the ripples of their efforts to control the problem.

All we did was continue to feed a fire that has burnt so much brighter and hotter here then they have even dreamt of there.

All we have to look forward to is what has been inevitable.

We on here are not doom mongers, we have been the light shouting into the darkness the truth.

We were right, the housing market crashed in 2004, what happened then was the UK economy was sacrificed to hide the fact.

And that is the horrible, inarguable truth

HOLA448
Buy to let is dead in the UK, but hey, there's loads to be made in hotel rooms and holiday flats in Bulgaria?

Shocking.

Why is it shocking?

One thing that does strike me as odd on this website is the advertising. I mean inside track advertises on here, along with subprime mortgage lenders. Hardly in line with ethos of this site is it?

HOLA449
Why is it shocking?

One thing that does strike me as odd on this website is the advertising. I mean inside track advertises on here, along with subprime mortgage lenders. Hardly in line with ethos of this site is it?

Yeah that is funny.

What a waste of money.

I like to click through a few times a week in order to cost those c**** some money.

I suggest everyone here does the same. :D

Edit cos the word **** came up and I didn't want to show it here.

Edited by bobthe~

HOLA4410
Buy to let is dead in the UK, but hey, there's loads to be made in hotel rooms and holiday flats in Bulgaria?

I heard it and understood the claimed yield on Bulgarian flats was less than 5% before any costs.

Flats for 150-250K euros generating 8-10K euros for 20 weeks rent.

If you factor in costs, I'd be suprised if the yield is positive at all. And that's for the best locations.

Looks like speculation for capital gain. Greater fool, it's your turn next.

VMR.

HOLA4411

:blink: Don't think there is......Especially not on the coast, massive oversupply of hotels and they are cheap, I paid £8 a night for 2 of us last year, think the majority would rather pay that than hundreds for a weeks s/c where you wouldn't get a slap up brekkie inc in the price.....Maybe a possibility of seeing some good returns if the inland areas were to be explored a bit more, the hotels in Veliko Tarnovo are not that cheap and there is not that many of them but the beer is cheap, 35p a pint

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Shocking.

That's not completely accurate, many amatuer BTL'ers are coming unstuck but the professionals who make their money from rent and not capital appreciation are doing well.

I do like this site, many people who talk a lot of sense, but it does seem the "sheeple" bashers are fast becoming sheeple to the latest scaremongering!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Yeah that is funny.

What a waste of money.

I like to click through a few times a week in order to cost those c**** some money.

I suggest everyone here does the same. :D

Edit cos the word **** came up and I didn't want to show it here.

Hang on lets not be hasty. If inside track etc want to fund our site thats great - more fool them! But if the funding goes wheres the income going to come from - subscriptions????? :huh:

Edited by Kurt Barlow