House Price Crash Forum

My Take

dstars

HOLA441
It is amazing how Teflon Brown has remained clear of all the flack so far.

Don't worry his time will come. If he thinks he can hide behind throwing a feather duster at Mugabe he has another think coming.

It is going to take the media a while to get it but all roads lead to Brown. There's no use blaming the banks for being banks; they do not have a mandate to care about us but he does.

Believe me Brown is going to get it in the neck over this. It is complex but the nature of news gathering is that as soon as the journos start looking abroad for clues they'll disseminate everything quite fast.

Note that every single report on Northern Rock still claims it is not a sup-primer even though it states it is on its own site. And every single report claims this is a problem started in the US and NR is almost a 'victim'. It is not a problem started in the US, it's just that the effects trickled down faster in the US. It became visible there first, that is all.

There is no such thing as the US in this context; only the global economy.

The real story, I believe, is this: Where are the CDOs and related derivatives? I think they're all hiding in pension funds and the fund managers are shitting it right now. They are hoping it will all go away, but it will not.

As I said yesterday, and I only wish an actual journalist would get the story: this is like a disaster movie and we're at the bit where they first notice the asteroid.

If Bruce Willis were a banker we'd all be saved but he is not. No money is safe in any bank (outside of NS & I) the current three-month money will bail the banks but it will not cure the problem; it will accentuate the problem.

The stock markets are as dumb as a baggo shite. They think stocks are a safe haven right now and only when the idiot stock markets fall do people start to get it that the game is over.

A while back the markets had a huge wobble when China farted. Watch China. The West needs someone to blame for all this and China ain't crazy enough to bail out America forever. When they see that the US is about to usurp their position as the cheap exporter they will strike hard.

China is what will stop the US from attacking Iran, by the way. So they can't even use a war. Israel, if they attack Syria as a proxy for Iran, might get left on their tod the way we left all the Iraqis who rose up against Saddam cause we told them to (the dead ones we used as evidence Saddam was a kunt for killing all of them).

Brown's going down. But we have nothing to replace him with outside of a greasy-faced aristo scumbum and a doddering codger.

Kenneth Clarke and Portillo have to get back into mainstream politics; they're the best we have right now. (God help us all.)

Edited by dstars

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
If Bruce Willis were a banker we'd all be saved but he is not.

Vest Merv up and give him an uzi and he'll go moral hazard on the ****.

Kenneth Clarke and Portillo have to get back into mainstream politics; they're the best we have right now. (God help us all.)

Portaloo? He couldn't run a pub let alone a country.

F

HOLA445
I always liked Portillo. And as long as he does his bumming in his spare time, so what?

He can do it on the steps of No 10 for all I care. He is a quality prospect. The fact that he is homosexual should not stand in the way of the rest of us getting someone with talent in charge.

HOLA446
If Bruce Willis were a banker we'd all be saved but he is not. No money is safe in any bank (outside of NS & I) the current three-month money will bail the banks but it will not cure the problem; it will accentuate the problem.

What about ICESAVE?? I thought they weren't as exposed as other banks?? :(

HOLA447
Portaloo? He couldn't run a pub let alone a country.

Have you seen that programme where he hosts a dinner party and a load of media types/whores sit around and yak about stuff they don't understand? It's rubbish.

(If you watch closely you'll notice that no one drinks any of the wine, ever. Why not? I'd love to go on it and get shit-faced live on TV (free o'charge, natch) :) )

HOLA448
Don't worry his time will come. If he thinks he can hide behind throwing a feather duster at Mugabe he has another think coming.

I've heard a couple of rumours that Brown is going to call a General Election on Monday; anyone heard similar?

Is there any chance that people might put two and two together and think, "F***! It must be worse than they're saying!"

Peter.

HOLA449
I've heard a couple of rumours that Brown is going to call a General Election on Monday; anyone heard similar?

Is there any chance that people might put two and two together and think, "F***! It must be worse than they're saying!"

Peter.

I find it hard to believe that Brown might go for an early election. He has power now. Power is what these people crave. No way would he put that at risk.

HOLA4410

Peter.

Today's Telegraph suggests that Brown will postpone any decision re election date until after Labour Party Conference. Haven't read the full article yet - just the headline. I save the meaty bits for bedtime!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
I find it hard to believe that Brown might go for an early election. He has power now. Power is what these people crave. No way would he put that at risk.

Absolutely. He will hang on too long thinking, like a BTL millionaire, that he is clever and immortal and will be able to have at least 8 years in power, when in fact by hanging on for probably only a year he has signed his own death warrant (unless there is no alternative as was the case in 92 of course).

Unfortunately Ken Clarke won't be leader. I hated the Tories but would have been happy for him to be PM a few years back.

HOLA4413

It is going to take the media a while to get it but all roads lead to Brown. There's no use blaming the banks for being banks; they do not have a mandate to care about us but he does.

Believe me Brown is going to get it in the neck over this. It is complex but the nature of news gathering is that as soon as the journos start looking abroad for clues they'll disseminate everything quite fast.

Note that every single report on Northern Rock still claims it is not a sup-primer even though it states it is on its own site. And every single report claims this is a problem started in the US and NR is almost a 'victim'. It is not a problem started in the US, it's just that the effects trickled down faster in the US. It became visible there first, that is all.

There is no such thing as the US in this context; only the global economy.

The real story, I believe, is this: Where are the CDOs and related derivatives? I think they're all hiding in pension funds and the fund managers are shitting it right now. They are hoping it will all go away, but it will not.

As I said yesterday, and I only wish an actual journalist would get the story: this is like a disaster movie and we're at the bit where they first notice the asteroid.

The stock markets are as dumb as a baggo shite. They think stocks are a safe haven right now and only when the idiot stock markets fall do people start to get it that the game is over.

A while back the markets had a huge wobble when China farted. Watch China. The West needs someone to blame for all this and China ain't crazy enough to bail out America forever. When they see that the US is about to usurp their position as the cheap exporter they will strike hard.

China is what will stop the US from attacking Iran, by the way. So they can't even use a war. Israel, if they attack Syria as a proxy for Iran, might get left on their tod the way we left all the Iraqis who rose up against Saddam cause we told them to (the dead ones we used as evidence Saddam was a kunt for killing all of them).

Brown's going down. But we have nothing to replace him with outside of a greasy-faced aristo scumbum and a doddering codger.

Scumbum What a fantastic word that should be far more widely used, especially on a site like this.

Isn't Portillo a bummer? You can't have Prime Ministers going around bumming each other? It's just not cricket.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Scumbum What a fantastic word that should be far more widely used, especially on a site like this.

Isn't Portillo a bummer? You can't have Prime Ministers going around bumming each other? It's just not cricket.

I invented 'scumbum' this morning; feel free to use it widely and wisely ;)

Indeed, he is, as you say, a bummer, but Gordo is not and look how he shaggged the lot of us up the back passage? And he'd have to find another PM to 'bum' and whilst you can trip over politicians that like it like that they tend to keep it all for their researchers and Saturday night crawlings (or is that Lord Advocates or QCs or Attorney generals?). Suffice to say if gays were banned from parliament we'd be about 400 short.

His sexuality is surely not relevant; outside of a state visit to Saudi?

HOLA4417
The real story, I believe, is this:[/b] Where are the CDOs and related derivatives? I think they're all hiding in pension funds and the fund managers are shitting it right now. They are hoping it will all go away, but it will not.

Nail on head hit

This is where the sh*t will really hit the fan not only has excessive credit forced even the most cautious to use debt - just to get a roof over thier heads.

But it will become apparent that ordinary folks saving for thier retirement will have been used to fund this huge binge.

The losers are ordinary people it's a national disgrace

dstars when and how do we find the full extent of this deception?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
I invented 'scumbum' this morning; feel free to use it widely and wisely ;)

Indeed, he is, as you say, a bummer, but Gordo is not and look how he shaggged the lot of us up the back passage? And he'd have to find another PM to 'bum' and whilst you can trip over politicians that like it like that they tend to keep it all for their researchers and Saturday night crawlings (or is that Lord Advocates or QCs or Attorney generals?). Suffice to say if gays were banned from parliament we'd be about 400 short.

His sexuality is surely not relevant; outside of a state visit to Saudi?

Some people think Gordo is a bummer as well. I'm not sure myself if it's a problem or not. What if he starts waving his c0ck at people when he visits foreign countries?

HOLA4420
Nail on head hit

This is where the sh*t will really hit the fan not only has excessive credit forced even the most cautious to use debt - just to get a roof over thier heads.

But it will become apparent that ordinary folks saving for thier retirement will have been used to fund this huge binge.

Absolutely. I'm writing to my MP - I demand an enquiry!

HOLA4421
Nail on head hit

Thank goodness we got out of Portillo's rear and and to the point.

I wish I knew when. If I get a feeling in my water about it I shall relate it here for there is money to be made regarding such shenanigans. But whilst banks and building societies are a bit bouncy right now (although builders could stand another kicking, in my opinion) we should keep an eye out for the sweatiest pension fund managers.

I might do a few searches to see if I can pinpoint any of them bragging about 'complex structures' and the like (in the past, that is). I expect what we have to do is google all those looney names they have for this shit - with the word fund manager, and look into the past a while. I'm sure there are a number of other rules one could construct to fish for twits.

But I wouldn't keep any money in any fund that I had the means to get it out of right now. Although I am a uniquely risk-averse individual.

Edited by dstars

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Some people think Gordo is a bummer as well. I'm not sure myself if it's a problem or not. What if he starts waving his c0ck at people when he visits foreign countries?

Indeed, I ventured such an unsolicited and entirely yobbish opinion myself right on this forum a while back. I don't think bummer is the appropriate term however; closet queen, or perhaps cottage dreamer?

But I'd lose this bummer theory of yours. It simply does not hold water. No correlation at all between shagging individuals up the arrse and shagging nations up the arrse. (The former their own business and the latter is really the point.) Also, if you do a little research you'll find that 'bumming' is not the sole preserve of gays. And whilst I find this subject has its charms I tire of it.

There are very serious issues here. This forum has been way ahead of the game and it would be sad to sully it with schoolboy humour, no?

HOLA4424
Thank goodness we got out of Portillo's rear and and to the point.

I wish I knew when. If I get a feeling in my water about it I shall relate it here for there is money to be made regarding such shenanigans. But whilst banks and building societies are a bit bouncy right now (although builders could stand another kicking, in my opinion) we should keep an eye out for the sweatiest pension fund managers.

I might do a few searches to see if I can pinpoint any of them bragging about 'complex structures' and the like (in the past, that is). I expect what we have to do is google all those looney names they have for this shit - with the word fund manager, and look into the past a while. I'm sure there are a number of other rules one could construct to fish for twits.

But I wouldn't keeop any money in any fund that I had the means to get it out of right now. Although I am a uniquely risk-averse individual.

Fidelity have issued a statement on their site saying their "moneybuilder Bond" fund or whatever it is called is OK because it has no CDO or SIV holdings.

Being cynical that says to me that there is deception by omission, since they run a number of bond funds, not just that one.

Also, weren't the pension fund managers kind of forced to buy bonds because they were told that equities were too risky to play with?

HOLA4425