House Price Crash Forum

News Flash - Northern Rock Seeks Emergency Funding

HOLA441

It was a fun time to be on HPC - after a couple of years of posting about the risks to the financial system and the overvalued housing stock, it all happened so suddenly, proving the forum right. 

What has happened since then has been all the more disappointing - the economy has become  evenmore centred on housing and the cancer of BTL.  The risks are still there, and will inevitably crystallise one day, but it's been such a long wait. 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
38 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

It was a fun time to be on HPC - after a couple of years of posting about the risks to the financial system and the overvalued housing stock, it all happened so suddenly, proving the forum right. 

What has happened since then has been all the more disappointing - the economy has become  evenmore centred on housing and the cancer of BTL.  The risks are still there, and will inevitably crystallise one day, but it's been such a long wait. 

When you look back at the great depression era and a like, biggest difference today I see is I.T. - computers number crunching their way as an the escalator to nowhere and everything is instant.  Fed and a like hiring PHd mathematician's offering them ever more ways to extend and pretend but even they have a limit.

Can they stop future bank runs like NR?  I bet they'll try