House Price Crash Forum

The Downside Of Diversity

HOLA441
yes, there was no poverty, no muggings, no begging or mental illness before these pesky foreigners moved here.

it was a white pride utopian dream where we all lived on nectar and honey and danced around maypoles and burnt the odd wickerman.

It's not a question of race, it's a matter of the uncontrolled way immigration has been allowed to happen that has been destructive to social cohesion.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Jeezus. Is this my country? This is sick.

I wouldn't let them get to you, dstars.

These NF-lite threads pop up from time-to-time before they get consigned to the off-topic (read "nutter") forum along with the intellectual detritus of the moonlanding denyers, the genius of the "climate change isn't happening la-la-la I'm not listening" cretins, 9/11 was a put-up job by pod people/lizards and intelligent design totally rocks doooood! type threads.

Go for a walk, it's a lovely day :)

HOLA443
Jeezus. Is this my country? This is sick.

no my friend, it is an internet forum that - in spite of often being a wonderful font of knowledge and wisdom - does sometimes attract a certain kind of ignorant poster. I sometimes wonder if the BNP have deliberately trolled this forum before, suspecting that it was a good prospect for the fomentation of a little unrest.

HOLA444
HOLA445
no my friend, it is an internet forum that - in spite of often being a wonderful font of knowledge and wisdom - does sometimes attract a certain kind of ignorant poster. I sometimes wonder if the BNP have deliberately trolled this forum before, suspecting that it was a good prospect for the fomentation of a little unrest.

Yes lets silence any arguments against immigration by calling people BNP or Racist.

HOLA446
HOLA447

It's a pity that people are instantly branding any discussion as "nazi", "racist" whatever. All that most people on this thread have said is that it is commonly observed that people like to mix with people who are like them. Everywhere I go I see people clubbing together in their little interest groups, Polish club, Polish night, University Indian Society, Muslim Society, Christian Society, even within professions people group together along racial/cultural lines.

Is this a racist observation? I don't think so.

What the professor is saying is that if you have an area where say everyone is Asian or everyone is white it will be more cohesive than a diverse area. It stands to reason. If people prefer to be with people like themselves, then a diverse (i.e. mixed area) will be an area where people literally just don't want to know most of their neighbours because they don't identify with them. Ergo, there will be less social cohesion.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Alternatively we could stop any further immigration.

Simple really.

It is a shame that immigration in a Capitalist society causes problems, but when you have developed countries

exploiting 3rd world countries, causing poverty and so people flee those countries.

Untill we resolve the source of the problem and allow the poorer countries to benefit from their wealth, people will

naturally move to where they can have a better life.

HOLA4412

where do you live zoomraker?

I live in a very racially mixed area of Oxford which is a model of how different races can live together and a sense of cohesion be maintained.

It is basically a traditional working class area of the "good council" estate kind which has recieved a large number of immigrants since the explosion of buy to let.

I do think it is a shame that so many homes, mine included, are multiple occupancy and no longer available to native families but the area is still a very pleasant place to live and their seems to be a good deal of friendship and mixing between the different races.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Hello Zoom,

Why do you think social cohesion (in your words) has been maintained?

Thinking about it their isn't really any cohesion between the new arrivals and the original residents. All the different groups seem to by and large stick to their own.

But their is still a sense of cohesion amongst the traditional working class residents (locals). I think it's really a question of numbers and the fact that the area doesn't seem to suffer from much unemployment.

There is also a sense that people are supported by living close to their extended families, so that even though their may be some single mums they are not isolated and still able to get support.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
We should open ourselves up. The Afro-Caribean population has added untold wealth to this nation, in my book, as have the Asian and Muslim cultures.

True we also now live in a country where if a foreign leader calls for your death lots of people will try to carry it out

as Salman Rushdie found out.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
i don't think it's a nazi stronghold here, but the BNP are definitely far better represented here than in 'the real word'

have a look at the off topic forum and see how many pro BNP threads there are there; it's an eye opener.

I think the truth is that what people say in public to satisfy the PC Police, and the reality of what the chattering classes are saying at dinner parties and pub crawls, is something completely different.

HOLA4419
I think the truth is that what people say in public to satisfy the PC Police, and the reality of what the chattering classes are saying at dinner parties and pub crawls, is something completely different.

Most white English middle class people I have met are openly racist in the ir deeds if not their words.

HOLA4420
The quality of food in London is second to none as a result of immigration IMO.

As is Crime, this too is becoming second to none also.

It might suprise many people, but even White people are allowed to cook a curry. There is no law that says only Indians can cook Curry's.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

i'm talking about how people vote, not what they may feel is socially acceptable. The BNP are an extremist fringe party who get a few protest votes and make a lot of noise.

HOLA4423
Thinking about it their isn't really any cohesion between the new arrivals and the original residents. All the different groups seem to by and large stick to their own.

But their is still a sense of cohesion amongst the traditional working class residents (locals). I think it's really a question of numbers and the fact that the area doesn't seem to suffer from much unemployment.

There is also a sense that people are supported by living close to their extended families, so that even though their may be some single mums they are not isolated and still able to get support.

This is the crux of the matter: you haven't mentioned colour or race once in the above post. It's more about class and culture than about race.

HOLA4424
i don't think it's a nazi stronghold here, but the BNP are definitely far better represented here than in 'the real word'

have a look at the off topic forum and see how many pro BNP threads there are there; it's an eye opener.

Don't be silly d23, there aren't any pro BNP threads, there are simply threads discussing immigration where some retard comes along and calls everybody nazi BNP supporters.

HOLA4425