House Price Crash Forum

Sub-prime Fallout Overstated . . .

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6570111.stm

Yet again the bears are wrong, wrong, WRONG !! If the fallout's contained in the US of all places, how the hell is it going to cause or contribute in any significant way to a crash here ?

Come ON . . . there've gotta be better straws to clutch at out there . . .

The Dow would need to be breaking records daily to keep pace with the plunging Dollar. Nothing to see here.

F

HOLA444

Who are you going to listen to? The voice of the EAs or the voices of reality?

http://www.realestatejournal.com/indinvest...oney.com/RENEWS

Wall Street Journal
Subprime Meltdown Shakes
Builders' Confidence
By Rex Nutting
From MarketWatch
Tightening lending standards in the subprime-mortgage market have shaken the confidence of U.S. home builders, according to a survey released Monday by the National Association of Home Builders.
The Wells Fargo/NAHB housing-market index fell from 36 in March to 33 in April, the lowest level since December. Builders were significantly more pessimistic about future sales than they were in March.
The index shows that about one-third of U.S. builders are optimistic about the housing market.
The report comes one day ahead of the government's report on housing starts and building permits for March. Over time, the home builders' index has been highly correlated with changes in starts and permits.

It is going to get a lost worse yet. Great Crash 2 is in its early stages not its final stage.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Who are you going to listen to? The voice of the EAs or the voices of reality?

http://www.realestatejournal.com/indinvest...oney.com/RENEWS

Wall Street Journal
Subprime Meltdown Shakes
Builders' Confidence
By Rex Nutting
From MarketWatch
Tightening lending standards in the subprime-mortgage market have shaken the confidence of U.S. home builders, according to a survey released Monday by the National Association of Home Builders.
The Wells Fargo/NAHB housing-market index fell from 36 in March to 33 in April, the lowest level since December. Builders were significantly more pessimistic about future sales than they were in March.
The index shows that about one-third of U.S. builders are optimistic about the housing market.
The report comes one day ahead of the government's report on housing starts and building permits for March. Over time, the home builders' index has been highly correlated with changes in starts and permits.

It is going to get a lost worse yet. Great Crash 2 is in its early stages not its final stage.

RB saying the same thing over and over won't make it happen. There has been no geat crash in the US and things are about to improve again.

HOLA448
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6570111.stm

Yet again the bears are wrong, wrong, WRONG !! If the fallout's contained in the US of all places, how the hell is it going to cause or contribute in any significant way to a crash here ?

Come ON . . . there've gotta be better straws to clutch at out there . . .

Looking like they have the situation all under control in the US. No need to hit the panic button yet.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

HOLA449
RB saying the same thing over and over won't make it happen. There has been no geat crash in the US and things are about to improve again.

He does tend to bang on, doesn't he ? Ceaseless repetition doesn't make it the truth, RB . . .

HOLA4410

As painful as it is for you and regardless of wether he bang(s) on or not, his points are valid.

Now heres a question for you.....if the bears are so wrong why is the US housing market drawing the attention of congress?

Have a read...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/9aeb01a8-ed0f-11db...earch%3Fhl%3Den

He does tend to bang on, doesn't he ? Ceaseless repetition doesn't make it the truth, RB . . .

HOLA4411

I think you misunderstood the post. I did not write the article in the Wall Street Journal. They are warning the market over and over again and I just happen to agree.

HOLA4412

I love it when bulls clutch at straws. The US market is fine honestly says some over inflated wind bag with a VI.... Oh then all the problems must have magically disappeared overnight..... Almost 60 sub prime lenders have gone bust since the end of 2006. Many of them the top 20 in the country.. This is massive news in football terms it would be like Manchester United Chelsea and Liverpool going into administration. Wake up there are real problems that mere spin won't get rid of this time :angry:

I thought it best to keep it in football terms and would have if possible used bright colours so as to reach a bull leave of comprehension. :lol:

Edited by theblacksheeple

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

http://www.washtimes.com/business/20070417...oney.com/RENEWS

Housing finance agencies told legislators yesterday they are trying to arrange safe mortgages for millions of people who could lose their homes because of ballooning loan payments, but legal constraints may prevent them from stopping foreclosure on many homes.
At the same time, bank regulators warned against trying to rewrite mortgage finance laws in ways that hurt investors and dry up funding that supports the housing market, although they said investors who made risky loans possible in the first place should be forced to bear some of the losses from today's rash of defaults.
The testimony before the House banking committee came amid a doubling of home foreclosures since last year, and calls from some in Congress for a moratorium on foreclosures as well as taxpayer-financed bailouts for vulnerable borrowers like minorities and people in states like Ohio where manufacturing job losses have contributed to delinquencies.

GC2 PARTY, STARTED JUST GETTING.

HOLA4415

Did you just come back from the Moon?

In US they are about to have the biggest crash imaginable.

Unfortunately Europe will fall with them

HOLA4416
How does a child learn his/her tables?

Right. <_<

erm . . . we're not kids any more RB.

As for bulls clutching at straws, who says I'm a bull ? I believe the market will correct but I didn't believe the bear fools when they said it was happening in '05 and while I believe it will start this year or early next, I do not believe that our housing market and that of the Americans is as inextricably linked as the flawed logic of a few saddos desperate to be proven right after being wrong for so long would have us believe and do not see subprime as being the Holy Grail

Anyone who'd listened to these gimps and STRed or held off buying in '04/'05 will be significantly out of pocket or even more priced out than ever. They can berate the MPC, ONS, VIs etc all they bloody well like but when it all comes down to it, I respect the economic savvy of economists and not the maverick repetitions of a few rank amateurs

HOLA4417

As for bulls clutching at straws, who says I'm a bull ? I believe the market will correct but I didn't believe the bear fools when they said it was happening in '05 and while I believe it will start this year or early next, I do not believe that our housing market and that of the Americans is as inextricably linked as the flawed logic of a few saddos desperate to be proven right after being wrong for so long would have us believe and do not see subprime as being the Holy Grail

Anyone who'd listened to these gimps and STRed or held off buying in '04/'05 will be significantly out of pocket or even more priced out than ever. They can berate the MPC, ONS, VIs etc all they bloody well like but when it all comes down to it, I respect the economic savvy of economists and not the maverick repetitions of a few rank amateurs

It is one thing to believe some people from some forum and other thing to study the real estate markets and understand that in USA things are very bad.

I am not saying and never said that it will be a HPC in UK, it might be or might be not. But in USA the conditions are totally different and their housing market will be crashed.

Make a distinction between the wisdom and the real facts!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

You havn't presented anything to suggest that the economic conditions TODAY are going to benefit HPI? (apart from the usual dim witted abuse).

If you trust the economic incompetence of others and not bother to research issues yourself then you fully deserve all that you get and is coming your way.

DYOR no1 rule to investing (that includes housing)

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/17/news/econo...oney.com/RENEWS

Building up, but housing woes far from over
Housing starts, permits post surprise gain but weather in the Midwest resulted in false sign of strength.
By Chris Isidore, CNNMoney.com senior writer
April 17 2007: 10:47 AM EDT
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Home building ticked up unexpectedly in March but economists cautioned that a look inside the numbers shows the worst is far from over for the battered housing sector.

Far from over.

HOLA4423

The biggest economy in the world and its currency is dropping like a stone.

"They' don't like the U.S. dollar anywhere and it is unanimously so," said Dennis Gartman of the Gartman Letter.

" The U.S. currency has lost about 52% of its value against the euro since the beginning of 2002"

Jeez, never has the ordinary man on the street had at his finger tips the means by which to see what is going on in the financial markets. Yet at the same time never has he paraded his ignorance in such matters in such abundance.

The Bankers are the biggest crooks out there, and that includes those of the merchant variant who pump and dump the markets.

HOLA4424
You havn't presented anything to suggest that the economic conditions TODAY are going to benefit HPI? (apart from the usual dim witted abuse).

If you trust the economic incompetence of others and not bother to research issues yourself then you fully deserve all that you get and is coming your way.

DYOR no1 rule to investing (that includes housing)

My God you're smug aren't you ? Why on earth would I present current evidence that benefits HPI - I clearly said I believe the market will correct. I just don't believe that sub-prime will be the detonator in the UK.

As for trusting the (in)competence of others, what on earth could you possibly know about my circumstances ? As if I need your patronising, cliched life-coaching acronym straight out of a cheap US advertorial . . ."DYOR" :lol:

Not everyone sees housing as an investment - it also makes for great shelter . . .

HOLA4425