House Price Crash Forum

Sub-prime Fallout Overstated . . .

tenroom

Guest grumpy-old-man
I love it when bulls clutch at straws. The US market is fine honestly says some over inflated wind bag with a VI.... Oh then all the problems must have magically disappeared overnight..... Almost 60 sub prime lenders have gone bust since the end of 2006. Many of them the top 20 in the country.. This is massive news in football terms it would be like Manchester United Chelsea and Liverpool going into administration. Wake up there are real problems that mere spin won't get rid of this time :angry:

I thought it best to keep it in football terms and would have if possible used bright colours so as to reach a bull leave of comprehension. :lol:

:D:D

Look at you getting all upset over what was a perfectly reasonable response with no abuse (unlike yourself).

It was you who originally stated "Sub-prime Fallout overstated" I figured you would come on with some kind of rational argument for that (besides quoting the latest rise in the Dow), I could tell you some anecdotal evidence for example from my friends in the US (Georgia) if you like, they have the sub-prime and HPC rammed down their throats every week so hows that for DYOR? And yourself?

My God you're smug aren't you ? Why on earth would I present current evidence that benefits HPI - I clearly said I believe the market will correct. I just don't believe that sub-prime will be the detonator in the UK.

As for trusting the (in)competence of others, what on earth could you possibly know about my circumstances ? As if I need your patronising, cliched life-coaching acronym straight out of a cheap US advertorial . . ."DYOR" :lol:

Not everyone sees housing as an investment - it also makes for great shelter . . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6570111.stm

Yet again the bears are wrong, wrong, WRONG !! If the fallout's contained in the US of all places, how the hell is it going to cause or contribute in any significant way to a crash here ?

Come ON . . . there've gotta be better straws to clutch at out there . . .

Desperation is reaching a new high for Tenroom as he searches for the few remaining straws that are left for him , a very poor thread this one , it just reeks of Tenrooms desperation .

Desperation is reaching a new high for Tenroom as he searches for the few remaining straws that are left for him , a very poor thread this one , it just reeks of Tenrooms desperation .

:lol:

So by throwing cold water on the bear "wisdom" that sub-prime will destroy the world, I'm desperate ?? I see . . . :huh:

Guest grumpy-old-man
:lol:

So by throwing cold water on the bear "wisdom" that sub-prime will destroy the world, I'm desperate ?? I see . . . :huh:

c'mon tenroom, you in the last 5 now, don't be the last one to turn. :o;):P

allalone.gif

Edited by grumpy-old-man

Guest Cletus VanDamme
There has been no geat crash in the US and things are about to improve again.

Whatever's going on in the US it's in it's early stages and it's way too soon to be making that statement.