House Price Crash Forum

Mates Flat For Sale

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

sign of the times, and it is a desirable location.(as they say) If he doesnt get full asking he will get pretty close i reckon. And its near a school, thats another bonus.

Will be interesting to see how long it lasts. Make sure you post if and when it sells............

It is foookin crazy though...i agree :blink:

HOLA446
HOLA447
sign of the times, and it is a desirable location.(as they say) If he doesnt get full asking he will get pretty close i reckon. And its near a school, thats another bonus.

Will be interesting to see how long it lasts. Make sure you post if and when it sells............

It is foookin crazy though...i agree :blink:

its actually very very close to a university (that’s what i meant by school) , but more importantly this university has a VERY large proportion of oversees students which pushes up the rental prices by at lest 30% during 2months mad rush to rent for the students. That place would go for no less than £150 per week per bedroom + £150 on top for reception. So if you converted that big ass reception into a bed room + reception you would EASILY get £600pw and you would be pretty much guaranteed to have it rented out all the time!

The place is also within a 10min walk of the science museum, the national history museum, the royal Albert hall, Kensington palace, Harrods of London, and more

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
So what if it's near a school? Who the hell could raise children to school-age in a flat that size?

how about some rich kids father buys the house outright because his son is going to be studying there for the next 4 years and he wants his soft ass to stay fat and chubby so buys him that place because its only 200m away!

Each oversees student that goes to that college pays at lest 15k to the university, and on top of that rent/bills/other crap. That makes the area inflated because of the concentration of relatively rich people!

HOLA4411
how about some rich kids father buys the house outright because his son is going to be studying there for the next 4 years and he wants his soft ass to stay fat and chubby so buys him that place because its only 200m away!

cells - you are a funny f**ker :lol:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

also just down the road from the Russian Orthodox Church in London.

Anyway, sounds about right, prices in London from 10 years ago have generally tripled, I last house hunted in '96 and looking around now I mostly see tripled prices - madness of course. Oh for hindsight...

Edited by TeddyBear

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
you would EASILY get £600pw and you would be pretty much guaranteed to have it rented out all the time!

With an IO mortgage at 6% IR you would need to get at least £750 a week just to break even. And thats not even allowing for voids, insurance, maintenance, rental company fees etc.

HOLA4416
With an IO mortgage at 6% IR you would need to get at least £750 a week just to break even. And thats not even allowing for voids, insurance, maintenance, rental company fees etc.

1: I never said it was a good investment

2: Which fool would get a 6% when you can get less than 5.5% fixed from most banks!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest grumpy-old-man
Two corrections

(1) The asking price is not £700K but £650

(2) He is not selling it for £650K. He is trying to sell it for £650K.

good point dog....I have said this soooo many times on here. It's the SOLD price that counts & nothing else!!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest grumpy-old-man
nope he had an offer for 650k but now wants 695K

yeah, because now is the best time to ask for offers over the top asking price. <_<:rolleyes:

well let us know when it completes & what it SOLD for on the LR. ;)