House Price Crash Forum

Words Cannot Express My Rage

RichM

HOLA441

Our landlady had an EA round recently to value the flat. We were away for the week.

A picture had been held to the fridge by my HPC.co.uk fridge magnet.

The picture was moved to the notice board, and the magnet - gone.

I'm hoping my wife has inadvertently mislaid it, but if those illigimates have taken my fridge magnet...

HOLA442

Our landlady had an EA round recently to value the flat. We were away for the week.

I'm hoping my wife has inadvertently mislaid it, but if those illigimates have taken my fridge magnet...

Try asking your landlady where the fridge magnet is....if she doesn't know then politely suggest that she is liable for its loss and that you expect it to be replaced.

HOLA443

Try asking your landlady where the fridge magnet is....if she doesn't know then politely suggest that she is liable for its loss and that you expect it to be replaced.

Then she'll have to buy a magnet from here. HPC magnets are going up in price don't you know. Better buy soon before she misses the boat.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Now think about living your whole life like this. One 6 month assured tenancy after another. Landlords selling up whenever they want and you kicked about like a bit of flotsam with no rights.

As long as BTL carries on under current legislation, your generation are going to live out of suitcases.

HOLA446
Guest pioneer31

Now think about living your whole life like this. One 6 month assured tenancy after another. Landlords selling up whenever they want and you kicked about like a bit of flotsam with no rights.

As long as BTL carries on under current legislation, your generation are going to live out of suitcases.

.....until the 'miracle economy' crumbles

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Do tenants still have rights anymore?

I thought your landlord was not allowed to enter the property without your permission?

She did, but she didn't have our permission to allow the EA to walk off with our fridge magnet!

Is it me - or do some of those posters come across as sociopaths? :lol:

Yes, some do.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Where did you get a housepricecrash fridge magnet!??

Do they do T-shirts? Badges? Baseball caps? Bunting?

:D

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

... you'll do what exactly? Take her to the Minute Claims Court?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Except that our current tenancy is for 2 years!

When we get to 18 months (next May) we'll request a year's extension (hopefully the spring mini bounce - or at least stop from freefall - will be around) and they will have to decide by end June.

3 yrs would do just nicely.

On verra.

HOLA4417

Have you tried expressing your rage through the medium of modern dance RichM?

You could do it in the EAs office. Post some pics?

As you well know I save my dance for Sunday mornings when I am worshipping the Lord Jesus Christ. My rendition of Jesus healing the deaf-mute man last Sunday brought many people to tears, I can assure you.

HOLA4418

As you well know I save my dance for Sunday mornings when I am worshipping the Lord Jesus Christ. My rendition of Jesus healing the deaf-mute man last Sunday brought many people to tears, I can assure you.

:lol:

Anyway, apologies for the typo. I should have said modern daaarrrrnnnce.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

This is the most comprehensive argument in favour of home ownership that I've read for some time; it's also a sad tale.

Everyone here wants to be a home owner at some point in the future (despite their claims).

HOLA4422

This is the most comprehensive argument in favour of home ownership that I've read for some time; it's also a sad tale.

Everyone here wants to be a home owner at some point in the future (despite their claims).

That's right, it was the last straw for us. We're off tonight to look at a nice 1-bed in Brixton, near the Loughborough estate. It'll be a bit cramped with me, the wife, and a baby on the way, but at least it'll be ours!

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

No, I'll go round and burn the EA down. Like I did to the last EA who crossed me.

With all the staff still inside? :D