House Price Crash Forum

Uk Interest Rates

OzzMosiz

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I got a warm feeling we are in for another rise this month.

Consumer credit 12% above expectations, mortgage approvals higher than expectations too. Anymore pointers?

Youv'e got one rise , don't be greedy now , they will find any excuse or reason to NOT raise rates .

Wheres the big man DND to give us his daily view on inflation .

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest pioneer31

I think that is what will happen. 2 rate rises in consecutive months will set alarm bells ringing IMHO. I think they will wait till November even though they probably should do it in September/October.

Whatever happens will be slow and torturous. Don't expect anything good to happen quickly. Only s**t happens quickly, like HPI!!!

HOLA448
HOLA449

I think that is what will happen. 2 rate rises in consecutive months will set alarm bells ringing IMHO. I think they will wait till November even though they probably should do it in September/October.

Last week I got £18 @ 21:1 on +0.25%, £2 @ 1000:1 on +0.5% on betfair (0.5% is now 40:1 WTF?). A raise is rather unlikely, but the Governor of the BoE doesn't announce that he's going to be letter writing for no reason at all. Maybe Merv will want to sneak in another before the last of Gordon's fat controllers is in place.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Gordon's M4 shoing an increase of 13%--a long way outside his targets.

ECB failed to tackle inflation by standing pat and my guess is that the MPC will follow suit. They are scared of what may happen in the US with the talk of recession and the possibility that the 17 hikes have overshot.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Once we get a whiff of what's happening in the US, IRs will be on their way down, I reckon.

One more rise, then cuts next year.

You think that a US led HPC is going to visit the UK with such a vengance that the BoE will be forced to move in the opposite direction to global tightening?

HOLA4415

I would love to see another rate rise this month, just to read the cr4p the daily ragspress would print about not needing another rate rise, "as the economy is so strong is not recquired" cos miles shipside said so blah blah blah paf. :D .............................but november beginning of next year i feel is feasible....but how i'd love to see the VI'S SWEAT......moooohahahahahah

HOLA4416