House Price Crash Forum

I Will Keep This Short And Sweet

HOLA441

One thing is for sure. Being an honest, law abiding tax payer in the UK is now a complete and utter waste of time.

Yup. I have friends who have already jumped ship. One moved to Thailand and lives like a king for a pittance. Still gets paid his normal salary since he telecommutes.

I'm also looking at my own options. Hong Kong looks like a potential candidate.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Hello ;

This is the real Boom_and_bust. A clever soul must have hacked my login. Seems I must have touched a nerve for someone to go to all the trouble. No fears, I am not off anywhere.

Boomer :)

So what happened Boomer?

HOLA444
HOLA445

So what happened Boomer?

Hi,

Someone must have hacked the pass. I do not post as much as once I due to various reasons, I do still read regularly and if I come across something useful, I post. I did not consider myself one of the uberbears of this place but judging by the posts over the weekend here, I am preceived that way (who cares?!?!?). It is also amusing and interesting to feel the backlash of some members - listening and discussing people's views is one thing, going on personal attacks is not really the the thing I first came here to participate. (but this is not a face of concern). I do read a variety of interesting views and news here, the PM's and acidic posts are water off a ducks back. Also, I have stated several times in posts that it is possible for the market not to crash and explored those scenarios - just IMHO very unlikely given the current circumstances. If things change, I would modify my thoughts accordingly. Infact, this past six months I have strengethened my conviction that the fall is coming. It is not inevitable in my mind but going the right course. Let's see.

It was a very nice and sunny day today. :)

The IP address used to make the first post of this thread is used by two members........

boom and bust & sam.

Hi,

I usually connect here through Bluetooth roaming wireless. You need to make it clear to non technical people that an IP address is not like a telephone line that is connected to the same address. Probably 50K people in central london at anytime will be sharing the same IP address on roaming devices. Lest we get the usual round of consipracies.

Should this entire thread be deleted as it was not a legitimate post?

Edited by boom_and_bust

HOLA446
Guest The_Oldie

Some IP addresses are unique and some used by many different members.

The IP address in question has been used to make a total of 74 posts on the forum. 67 by boom and bust & 7 by sam, since 9th August 2005 when it was first used.

HOLA447
HOLA448

A civilised society that doesn't provide affordable housing for it's people is not a civilised society.........Period

How long have you been under the illusion you live in a civilized society. This is a vile, dog-eat-dog, society where everyone is out to look after themselves (the exceptions to this prove the rule)

The whole construct of our society is designed to make sure the vast majority of people are always in the position of having to sell their labour for whatever price they are able to get.

An illusion is created for the new serfs. You can 'buy your own home' - a tiny box on a patch of grass not big enough to play Swingball on that you will work your bolleaux off all your life just to own - you can have a foreign holiday - a hateful ride in a plane where you are treated worse than cattle followed by an anglicized version of Spain (no thanks!) - and you can, if you keep taking on more debt 'secured' against the value of your house, but a new Ford Focus every now and then.

If you happen to be made redundant at some point in your 40s, the 'dream' can turn very pear-shaped.

Funny thing is, idiots like the CPRE do the establishment's work for them by making sure we all live on a tiny proportion of the country - all packed in like Sardines while the big boys keep their daughter's horses in beautiful 5 acre paddocks. Up the road a man in a new estate house has his friends round for a barbecue. There is nowhere to park the cars because each house only has two parking bays and the cul-de-sacs have dropped kerbs every 5 metres as the houses are so packed in. But, no problem. The house is 'worth' 450k and a contract hired 5 series BMW sits on the drive. The jovial host thinks he has made it, but the horses up the road have a much better life.

HOLA449

Thank heavens your forefathers didn't think like you. Kids would still be going up chimneys if they did.

sanctimonious b@llocks...........from a once respected poster.....who belatedly has displayed those attributes more closely associated with a Pontificating Pr@t

Just a personal observation you understand...though I could be wrong :rolleyes:

HOLA4410
Guest Cletus VanDamme

The smartnewhomes.com poll shows increased interest in apartments and penthouses. The report said: “Large City bonuses have undoubtedly boosted this late spring demand. This buying group of predominantly young, single professionals, are looking to purchase new, conveniently located and high quality homes to suit their hectic city lifestyles

(Too much money chasing too little property near the bonus boys- that sums it up)

Who wants to live next door to these braying idiots anyway?

I still wouldn't mind that flat in the Barbican though :)

HOLA4411

How long have you been under the illusion you live in a civilized society. This is a vile, dog-eat-dog, society where everyone is out to look after themselves (the exceptions to this prove the rule)

The whole construct of our society is designed to make sure the vast majority of people are always in the position of having to sell their labour for whatever price they are able to get.

An illusion is created for the new serfs. You can 'buy your own home' - a tiny box on a patch of grass not big enough to play Swingball on that you will work your bolleaux off all your life just to own - you can have a foreign holiday - a hateful ride in a plane where you are treated worse than cattle followed by an anglicized version of Spain (no thanks!) - and you can, if you keep taking on more debt 'secured' against the value of your house, but a new Ford Focus every now and then.

If you happen to be made redundant at some point in your 40s, the 'dream' can turn very pear-shaped.

Funny thing is, idiots like the CPRE do the establishment's work for them by making sure we all live on a tiny proportion of the country - all packed in like Sardines while the big boys keep their daughter's horses in beautiful 5 acre paddocks. Up the road a man in a new estate house has his friends round for a barbecue. There is nowhere to park the cars because each house only has two parking bays and the cul-de-sacs have dropped kerbs every 5 metres as the houses are so packed in. But, no problem. The house is 'worth' 450k and a contract hired 5 series BMW sits on the drive. The jovial host thinks he has made it, but the horses up the road have a much better life.

OOoo, well observed - your right - nothing changes - it just gets more suger-coated

Personally, I can't wait till I'm dead - least I won't have to be a landlords/banks bitch

:lol:

HOLA4412

Absolute cobblers. Boom & Bust is from round my way and he like many others are witnessing a mini boom in this part of the world. Prices are rising and houses are selling well. There is lots of wealth about, and prices are affordable for the vast majority of buyers.

The economic climate in the UK is improving - the flurry of stats out next week will prove this.

Some people called it too early - yeah, just like most of the people on here at the moment, your years too early still. The market has a fair way to go yet.

You're all banking on IRs rising - probably unlikely in the UK and if they do, we are looking at 0.25% - 0.5% at the worst. That will make diddly squat difference to affordability.

I wish Boom & Bust well, in whatever he chooses to do. If he doesn't feel as though he can afford a home, then he shouldn't buy one, but he should definitely get on with life, and put the desparados and false prophets on this site into perspective.

There are many, many deluded people on here, who say its going to happen soon ... but don't have the balls to quantify 'soon'.

I mean soon to me means 3-6 months. To the bears, I suspect soon means 10 years, and then they will say 'well I told you it would happen 'soon'.

Which begs the question of why you are always on this forum.

Bog off and lovingly stroke your BTL mortgage agreements.

HOLA4413

I have had enough, i read this crappy board 24/7 praying for that bit of good news, it is time to get on with my life.

I hate to say this, but we are just a bunch of sad gits hoping for the worse for other people.

GOOD BYE

A little premature given the latest Land Registry figures showed EVERY region except London falling over the last quarter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_d...tml/regions.stm

HOLA4414

Hi,

Can we kill this thread or at least change the original poster's (sam??) identity and avatar away from the one I use. Again, this person has hacked into this forum account and posted on my behalf. It is causing a little confusion. It should also be moved to the Troll sub-forum. I believe Bubb last year was also hoaxed on the forum by a spoof poster in a similar manner. Bored, desparate EA's can be quite devious if you question the current housing market, it seems.

As for IMupNorth's straw clutching above, I am sorry to disappoint but your views are about the complete opposite of my current thoughts and I do not live anywhere near your end of the world. If Webmaster would like to verify my IP location history, my location is between SW15 london or West Central London or Quebec State, Canada.

Cheerio,

Boomer

Edited by boom_and_bust

HOLA4415
Guest The_Oldie

Can we kill this thread or at least change the original poster's (sam??) identity and avatar away from the one I use. Again, this person has hacked into this forum account and posted on my behalf. It is causing a little confusion. It should also be moved to the Troll sub-forum. I believe Bubb last year was also hoaxed on the forum by a spoof poster in a similar manner. Bored, desparate EA's can be quite devious if you question the current housing market, it seems.

So what you are saying, is that sam not only posted from your IP address, but has also somehow managed to hack your user password. Is that correct?

HOLA4416

So what you are saying, is that sam not only posted from your IP address, but has also somehow managed to hack your user password. Is that correct?

Hi,

Yes, I guess that is correct. Do you want me to explain how IP resolve hosts work? It is not like a telephone wire to your house. Do you understand that? PM if not and I will give you some pointers toward IP routing protocol so you are better able to understand. I do not know, I do not care how this has occured but my personal email account used to register here has also been under password attack for several weeks. Other members may wish to review the security of this site and their own personal information, that should be covered by the law of confidentiality. Oldie, you need to nip this in the bud.

Boomer

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Hi,

Yes, I guess that is correct. Do you want me to explain how IP resolve hosts work? It is not like a telephone wire to your house. Do you understand that? PM if not and I will give you some pointers toward IP routing protocol so you are better able to understand. I do not know, I do not care how this has occured but my personal email account used to register here has also been under password attack for several weeks. Other members may wish to review the security of this site and their own personal information, that should be covered by the law of confidentiality. Oldie, you need to nip this in the bud.

Boomer

Creepy sh*t! I have to say, Sam's posts have been somewhat repetitive for the last few months...