House Price Crash Forum
boom_and_bust

I Will Keep This Short And Sweet

I have had enough, i read this crappy board 24/7 praying for that bit of good news, it is time to get on with my life.

I hate to say this, but we are just a bunch of sad gits hoping for the worse for other people.

GOOD BYE

Guest grumpy-old-man

I have had enough, i read this crappy board 24/7 praying for that bit of good news, it is time to get on with my life.

I hate to say this, but we are just a bunch of sad gits hoping for the worse for other people.

GOOD BYE

don't give up....it's just around the corner...

easy for me to say I hear you say.......I've only been a member for 1 week....trust me if I have to wait another few years I will...I am that confident of a HPC & Economic crash

GOOD BYE

Have to agree, sadly. I'm just renting and getting on with life - I've already used part of my deposit to travel to Japan :D

I think trying to afford a pension is now my biggest concern :angry:

The problem is that many called the crash far too early.

However we are now seeing the brown shoots of crap that pop up now and again signalling a crash.

Last Quarter of 2007, will signal the end.

I would suggest that anyone who is disenchanted today, does just that. Get on with your lives, have a holiday, get a nice car, and carry on renting. You will for sure wake up in December 2007 and thank your lucky stars that you are one of the chosen ones that remain insolvent and perched ready to pick up the Bargains from the emerging slaughter.

One thing is for sure, if you cave in today you will be saddled with something that is not only overpriced but absolutely and ridiculously unaffordable very soon.

There is no way on Gods earth that interest rates will not rise up, that jobs will not be lost en mass, and that the Labour Party can perpetuate the myth of the miracle economy.

If you are really desperate to get onto the housing ladder, then think bigger, look in France and find yourself something dirt cheap that you can enjoy now and again and leave for the future.

Guest grumpy-old-man

when I said it's just around the corner btw I was referring to the start of the economic downward slope/HPC

I think with what I have been reading on here & other forums for the last year has educated me.

GOOD BYE

Bye bye: I'm sure you'll find plenty of EAs with time on their hands and loads of available properties to show you around. Indeed, there seem to be more and more properties available every day!

;)

Guest Charlie The Tramp

There is no way on Gods earth that interest rates will not rise up, that jobs will not be lost en mass, and that the Labour Party can perpetuate the myth of the miracle economy.

And the monetarists will inherit the earth with an added bonus of millions of debtors as lifetime bonuses. ;)

Don't give a shit really, piss off if you want, whatever mate!

Me and the wife been living in a field (our own) without planning permission for over 10 years. Only came to this site when the rural elite tried to have us evicted. I'll never be completely on the right side of the law, just the way I am, suppose. My advice, don't pay rent, don't pay a mortgage!

I hope you're right laurejon. I've been convinced at times that trouble is ahead, but I'm always in an absoloute minority. A single friend of mine recently saddled himself with an 75k IO mortage in a very poor area, yet still boasts about being on the property ladder and how it's a great time to be a FTB as prices will continue to soar.

On a more cheerful note; Went to view a flat today and got offered a reduction by the agent before I'd even been inside. Seems the BTL 'investor' has failed to find a tennant since he bought it a few months back. It's the pokiest 1 bedroom I've flat I've ever seen - new build, ground floor, flourescent tube light in kitchen, no wall shower, and 'fully furnished' being an unwrapped settee, TV stand, bed and wardrobe. I don't kid when I say there wasn't enough room for my computer desk. Apparently he paid 115k for it too :lol:

Me and the wife been living in a field (our own) without planning permission for over 10 years. Only came to this site when the rural elite tried to have us evicted. I'll never be completely on the right side of the law, just the way I am, suppose. My advice, don't pay rent, don't pay a mortgage!

This sounds great - I presume you're connected to electricity and water somehow? I don't think many people would get away with it.

Dom - what sort of structure do you live in? It's a risky strategy, so I take it you would be minimising the building outlay in case you have to take it down.

If you had something easy to dissemble could you spend a few days taking it down (or moving it....) and then put it up again a few weeks later, when the (hopefully lengthy?) process of getting a court order to make you remove it would have to start all over?

GOOD BYE

Has someone got your log in information or have you had a few shandies too many today?

We are in the end game now. The market is starting to slow markedly once again, interest rates are rising everywhere and the economic climate is worsening with each week.

This was never going to be an over night thing and as Laurejon said, some people called it too early.

It will happen, it is just a matter of when.

When is looking like being very soon.

GOOD BYE

Good. The crash will start when the last bear has thrown in the towel. We're one step closer now :D

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Good. The crash will start when the last bear has thrown in the towel. We're one step closer now :D

Well make it worth my while and I may oblige you to hurry it up. :P

We are in the end game now. The market is starting to slow markedly once again, interest rates are rising everywhere and the economic climate is worsening with each week.

This was never going to be an over night thing and as Laurejon said, some people called it too early.

It will happen, it is just a matter of when.

When is looking like being very soon.

Absolute cobblers. Boom & Bust is from round my way and he like many others are witnessing a mini boom in this part of the world. Prices are rising and houses are selling well. There is lots of wealth about, and prices are affordable for the vast majority of buyers.

The economic climate in the UK is improving - the flurry of stats out next week will prove this.

Some people called it too early - yeah, just like most of the people on here at the moment, your years too early still. The market has a fair way to go yet.

You're all banking on IRs rising - probably unlikely in the UK and if they do, we are looking at 0.25% - 0.5% at the worst. That will make diddly squat difference to affordability.

I wish Boom & Bust well, in whatever he chooses to do. If he doesn't feel as though he can afford a home, then he shouldn't buy one, but he should definitely get on with life, and put the desparados and false prophets on this site into perspective.

There are many, many deluded people on here, who say its going to happen soon ... but don't have the balls to quantify 'soon'.

I mean soon to me means 3-6 months. To the bears, I suspect soon means 10 years, and then they will say 'well I told you it would happen 'soon'.

Why is it that we always sound like the evil villain that gives their comeback speech at the end of every episode?

"I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids"

"next time Gadget"

You're all banking on IRs rising - probably unlikely in the UK and if they do, we are looking at 0.25% - 0.5% at the worst. That will make diddly squat difference to affordability.

The market WAS CRASHING WHEN RATES WERE AT 4.75%.

The panic cut made a load of mugs jump in, thinking the easy money times were here again.

They were sold a pup and when rates start to rise, speculators will start to bail from the market - ensuing HPC once again.

Only this time, there will be nothing to stop it as it will be in effect in all bubble real estate markets at the same time.

It is not years too early, the market is stalling again in London. Give it a month or two and it will be the same up north.

I wish Boom & Bust well, in whatever he chooses to do. If he doesn't feel as though he can afford a home, then he shouldn't buy one, but he should definitely get on with life, and put the desparados and false prophets on this site into perspective.

boom_and_bust May 24 2006, 07:10 PM | Post #40|

Hi,

I am a triple homeowner. Just the one in the Uk but if prices fell I guess, on paper, I would lose money. My daughters earn far above avearge wages and are struggling to potentially afford even the most basic of anything in any area and for which, if I am honest, I would be worrying for their safety. This was a poltically motivated property boom in many respects. You can attempt to tug at heart strings on either side of the debate but it is politicians, lax bank lending and personal clambering of property speculation that has bought us to an unsustainable situation. There just is no way the current situation can survive indefinitely, the biggest planks of support in the past decade - the dollar and the BoJ interest rate are wobbling already. Things should have been better handled, easy to say but the fact of the matter is that other nations have handled asset prices better than the people we pay and elect to perform the role here.

Boomer

This is the crux of your problem.

Define (in leymans terms) 'crash'.

I 'aint seen one.

There was a significant slow down in transaction volumes and asking prices started to drop.

% of asking price achieved also dropped markedly. Time to sell increased hugely.

Basically, if they had not cut the rates in August, this would have likely continued.

We certainly would not have seen the "mini-boom" which was simply fools rushing in because the media were telling them rates were going down big time therefore easy money was gonna be made in property once again.

Sentiment is turning bearish once again. You can't beat the cycle. This has been a global thing and even if people in this country are stupid enough to dive in as they did from September to March ish, the media will soon turn once they see what is going on in the US and other bubble markets that 12 months ago had entered the same "new paradigm" we had.

Edited by BubbleTurbo

GOOD BYE

Well I am not so sad, whatever you want to do, do it, those that know, know this illusion will come to an end sooner or later, it has to, it always has done before and always will do.

Like I have said before markets are very dificult to call, and perhaps some have been a bit hasty in calling this one, not realising the amount of credit sloshing around the system.

But saying it won't happen does not make it true, I can see all the signs around me in my industry, the only thing I can not say is when it will happen, but when it does it will be very painful indeed, like all bubbles the bust is worst than the inflation

Dom - what sort of structure do you live in? It's a risky strategy, so I take it you would be minimising the building outlay in case you have to take it down.

If you had something easy to dissemble could you spend a few days taking it down (or moving it....) and then put it up again a few weeks later, when the (hopefully lengthy?) process of getting a court order to make you remove it would have to start all over?

It's a double size park home, each half has a tow bar. You need a 4x4 tractor or Unimog to move it. If we had to move I would do the same thing again, not in the UK, Spain probably. If the planning system wasn't so corrupt, vague and biased there would be no need me being like this.

boom_and_bust has made a choice - don't know why he left such a bitter goodbye - perhaps he's just passing on what he's had said to his face? (change you circle of 'friends'?) :lol:

Nobody knows whats going to happen

Personally, I don't want to enter into a lifetime of borderline sustainable debt with a bank that wouldn't think twice about making me homeless