House Price Crash Forum

Chance Of House Price Fall

HOLA441

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/...2206820,00.html

What if house prices crash by 40 per cent?

Few economists expect a crash, but the combination of a falling dollar and rising oil prices could force American interest rates higher, triggering a global recession and undermining confidence in the housing market. Greg Fuzesi, of Nationwide, says: “The chance that house prices will be lower in two years’ time is less than 10 per cent.”

Should prices fall, the biggest risk is negative equity, when mortgage debt is greater than the value of a property. But Bernard Clarke, of the Council of Mortgage Lenders, says that this is only a problem if you need to move.

“If you can afford the repayments, just sit tight until prices recover,” he says. “Otherwise, you need to have a discussion with your lender as soon as possible. Banks will do all they can to help people to stay in their homes

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

According to the ODPM prices in my area for detached houses dropped 8.2% last Q. The chances that they will be even lower in a couple of years looks good to me. In fact, at the current rate of decline I would say a 10% fall by the end of this year is a virtual certainty.

Stratford-On-Avon £328,827 -8.2% (Annual: -8.8%)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_d...html/44uf.stm?d

HOLA445
HOLA446

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/...2206820,00.html

Greg Fuzesi, of Nationwide, says: “The chance that house prices will be lower in two years’ time is less than 10 per cent.”

:blink:

Now if he had sadi 70% instead of 10 it would have read Greg Fuzesi, formally with Nationwide, says: “The chance that house prices will be lower in two years’ time is less than 10 per cent.”

Doh

HOLA447

KoN - can you ask them what next weeks lottery numbers will be. Cheers :blink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

IMO VI's are getting increasingly desperate to prop up their portfolios

I've also noticed TTRTR isn't posting as much recently....

Edited by dnd

HOLA448
HOLA449

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

IMO VI's are getting increasingly desperate to prop up their portfolios

I've also noticed TTRTR isn't posting as much recently....

He's busy.

Looking for a job to bring in some income so he can continue subsidizing his tenants as well as feeding his squalling chinless brood of scandibabies.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

:blink:

Now if he had sadi 70% instead of 10 it would have read Greg Fuzesi, formally with Nationwide, says: “The chance that house prices will be lower in two years’ time is less than 10 per cent.”

Doh

Actually, it would have said 'Greg Fuzesi, formerly with Nationwide.'

Unless, of course, he was currently employed on an informal basis and, as a result of a wild prediction, had his employment moved onto a more formal basis.

I know everyone slags people off who correct things in forums. But I don't care and can't help myself. I sometimes feel compelled to correct the failings of a generation of teachers.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Actually, it would have said 'Greg Fuzesi, formerly with Nationwide.'

Unless, of course, he was currently employed on an informal basis and, as a result of a wild prediction, had his employment moved onto a more formal basis.

I know everyone slags people off who correct things in forums. But I don't care and can't help myself. I sometimes feel compelled to correct the failings of a generation of teachers.

I was just testing ;)

It's fair to say I'm not a Monday morning person.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415