House Price Crash Forum

The Hairdresser Test

HOLA441

I've seen quite a few people mention on various threads that when you hear someone in the hairdresser talking about their wonderful decision to invest in an asset then you know it's time to get out. Imagine my delight when exactly this happened to me on Saturday. I was having my haircut, barely able to suppress a huge grin, as the guy in the next chair loudly boasted about his astute investment in a BTL. Sign of the times, straw in the wind...or what?

HOLA442

I've seen quite a few people mention on various threads that when you hear someone in the hairdresser talking about their wonderful decision to invest in an asset then you know it's time to get out. Imagine my delight when exactly this happened to me on Saturday. I was having my haircut, barely able to suppress a huge grin, as the guy in the next chair loudly boasted about his astute investment in a BTL. Sign of the times, straw in the wind...or what?

I think for the test to work it needs to actually be the hairdresser who says they're investing - not a customer !!

HOLA443
HOLA444

I think for the test to work it needs to actually be the hairdresser who says they're investing - not a customer !!

Ah well, what a pity, never mind. But if ever I do get a barber saying so I'll keep quiet til they've finished cutting.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Oh bugger! I'll never know now, 'cause I bought one of these:

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details....20&slmRefer=000

:o:(

You guys will promise to tell me when the crash is on, right? <_<

Forty quid? You were had, mate. You can get professional hair clippers down your local street market or bargain store for about £12.50.

That's what I use to trim my beard. Perfect!

frugalista

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Forty quid? You were had, mate. You can get professional hair clippers down your local street market or bargain store for about £12.50.

That's what I use to trim my beard. Perfect!

frugalista

Actually I paid fifteen quid in the Boots sales before XMAS.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

yes, this one's 77 years old!.........Think 1929 and realising it's time to get out of shares when your shoeshine boy starts giving you share tips!

What about the one in Police Squad? He seemed quite knowledgeable.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

My hairdresser was grumbling about how he doesn't have enough money to spend. But then again, it was my 9 yr old nephew. :lol:

Like ****** I'm spending £10 on getting a crew cut when my nephew can cut it for free.