House Price Crash Forum

£4.6 million for being dismissed by council. This isn't America.

HOLA441

Story is confusing but outcome is she got £4.6 million from Hammersmith and Fulham council. 

£125,000-a-year role as director of public service reform, but was sacked in 2018 while on sick leave.

Suffering PTSD through working with bereaved families in the aftermath of the Grenfell Tower fire.

Separately been diagnosed with ADHD.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/other/grenfell-ex-council-chief-wins-4-6m-payout-after-suffering-ptsd/ar-BB1k3hBW?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=f2f0191baade4aa2bc90e92ba8bdad63&ei=3#comments

HOLA442
32 minutes ago, wighty said:

Suffering PTSD

I heard the fire crews are also suffering from this and are claiming compensation.  Grenfell is the gift that keeps on giving in some quarters.

But when you say this is not America, where do you think this compensation culture came from ?

Edited by kzb

HOLA443
6 hours ago, kzb said:

I heard the fire crews are also suffering from this and are claiming compensation.  Grenfell is the gift that keeps on giving in some quarters.

But when you say this is not America, where do you think this compensation culture came from ?

Lawyers? Parliament is full of them.

HOLA444
7 hours ago, wighty said:

Story is confusing but outcome is she got £4.6 million from Hammersmith and Fulham council. 

£125,000-a-year role as director of public service reform, but was sacked in 2018 while on sick leave.

Suffering PTSD through working with bereaved families in the aftermath of the Grenfell Tower fire.

Separately been diagnosed with ADHD.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/other/grenfell-ex-council-chief-wins-4-6m-payout-after-suffering-ptsd/ar-BB1k3hBW?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=f2f0191baade4aa2bc90e92ba8bdad63&ei=3#comments

£125,000 a year 'director of Public service reform'. What a load of nonsense. No wonder council tax is going through the roof.

HOLA445
21 minutes ago, MarkD said:

£125,000 a year 'director of Public service reform'. What a load of nonsense. No wonder council tax is going through the roof.

It's no wonder these local authorities are claiming bankruptcy either.

HOLA446
1 hour ago, debtlessmanc said:

Lawyers? Parliament is full of them.

Lots of LA's claiming to be bankrupt also.  The Birmingham bankruptcy is mostly due to that so-called equal pay case.

Lawyers at the root of that one.

The loss of productivity in recent years is largely down to back-covering in procedures IMHO.

If I were in charge, lawyers is one of the things I'd clamp down on hard. 

HOLA447
HOLA448

I was involved in a tribunal case brought by a colleague (as a witness though he made some unsavoury comments about several of us). 
our lawyers/Barrister were loving it - big pay day

In the other court in Manchester (there are two tribunal courts on the same corridor) Asda were being done for equal pay. Our lawyers were in awe of the array of silks on show.

apparently the staffs barrister had made it his speciality to sue big chains for equal pay. He had recently bought a large Scottish estate with a castle I was told.

i don’t think the Asda women will be buying a castle anytime soon.  he on the other hand will be entertaining his guests at the castle with tales of how has fought for their rights.

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA449
7 minutes ago, TenYearToGetMyMoneyBack said:

She is 52. Surely it would have been far cheaper (about 60% cheaper) to keep her on full pay until she is 67. Either that or ill health early retirement.

I suggested that for the case above - just pay the guy to stay at home. That was “bullying” apparently. He had the right to a career even his colleagues refused to work with him- they should be made to.(?)

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
9 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

I was involved in a tribunal case brought by a colleague (as a witness though he made some unsavoury comments about several of us). 
our lawyers/Barrister were loving it - big pay day

In the other court in Manchester (there are two tribunal courts on the same corridor) Asda were being done for equal pay. Our lawyers were in awe of the array of silks on show.

apparently the staffs barrister had made it his speciality to sue big chains for equal pay. He had recently bought a large Scottish estate with a castle I was told.

i don’t think the Asda women will be buying a castle anytime soon.  he on the other hand will be entertaining his guests at the castle with tales of how has fought for their rights.

Have you seen the lawyers asking for $6B over winning a Tesla case to prevent Musk from pocketing billions?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2024/mar/02/lawyers-who-had-elon-musks-pay-dismissed-as-excessive-seek-6bn-in-tesla-shares