House Price Crash Forum

Uk plc sell off - Channel4 to become The Discovery Channel? Britain to lose an ARM?

HOLA441
On 13/08/2021 at 18:10, msi said:

Thus social media will drop in value to the same level as scribbling on toilet doors

Toilet door musings are more interesting that Facebook/Instagram. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

As much as I retain a nostalgia in national achievement and pride (see Olympics) I see that the "keep it in the family" national pride over home grown businesses and innovation have long since bolted. Why would ARM be any different? Its market is not loyal to or dependent on the brain power that created it being from one particular geographic area and is increasingly likely to be sourced from anywhere that can muster the talent. Retaining the right talent to maintain and grow a business is key, irrespective of whether that talent resides in one particular geographic area or not. What's really more important is equal opportunity in education and training for youngsters in the UK to be in a position to contribute to such a business. Unfortunately I don't think this is the case any longer as the hard engineering and scientific subjects are no longer championed by schools and universities.

HOLA443
1 hour ago, Pindar said:

As much as I retain a nostalgia in national achievement and pride (see Olympics) I see that the "keep it in the family" national pride over home grown businesses and innovation have long since bolted. Why would ARM be any different? Its market is not loyal to or dependent on the brain power that created it being from one particular geographic area and is increasingly likely to be sourced from anywhere that can muster the talent. Retaining the right talent to maintain and grow a business is key, irrespective of whether that talent resides in one particular geographic area or not. What's really more important is equal opportunity in education and training for youngsters in the UK to be in a position to contribute to such a business. Unfortunately I don't think this is the case any longer as the hard engineering and scientific subjects are no longer championed by schools and universities.

or by Employers, Government, or Society in general

HOLA444
On 13/08/2021 at 19:10, msi said:

People are switching off. Facebook is a dead platform with no one generating real content, hence the move to emotional vitriol.

Do you have an URL for Emotional Vitrol?  I actively dislike Facebook - so this alternative must be a significant improvement.

🙂

HOLA445
3 hours ago, A.steve said:

Do you have an URL for Emotional Vitrol?  I actively dislike Facebook - so this alternative must be a significant improvement.

🙂

You can join via the Br*xit, C*vid, or Tr*mp threads here 😁

I reserve the right to name my indie band that though

Edited by msi
Great name for an Indie Band