House Price Crash Forum

Who wins trump or Biden?

24gray24

HOLA441
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

So, the combination of the early Covid response and the George Floyd incident sent his ratings back up to pre-Covid levels.

As I already said, his ratings already were at pre-covid levels just before George Floyd.

That suggests the worsening of Covid over the summer and autumn caused his ratings to fall. If Covid wasn't the cause of his unpopularity in the second half of the year, what was it?

Depends what ratings you are looking at. If you look at CNN Trump was always behind as these polls are stacked against him, always were, just like in 2016 when the controlled government didn't calculate how much vote fraud they needed to do. Just before the 2020 election his approval rating was was 52% to 53%, which usually denotes an electoral win by historical standards. Many polls that were stacked against him were coming up with him being in the lead prior to the election.

Also USA is such a large country that it almost has dual seasons. He tested the heck out of the US, but that was never good enough, nothing ever is for people who think if it rains it's his fault.

It seems if Trump had stressed how serious the virus was from the start ("We're going to lockdown.... and China's going to pay for it") he would have retained his pro-covid lead over Biden and won the election quite comfortably.

This is exactly what I mean. The fact that Trump sent a huge hospital ship to NY which Cuomo ignored while sending C19 into care homes seems to be irrelevant to you. In the US the areas the locked down the most have suffered by far the worse outcome. New York a prime example.

Also irrelevant to you seem to be how at the very start he closed incoming travel from China and the Democrats told him this was racist. Not once have you criticized the Democrats for this over a virus which you apparently take seriously. Nancy Pelosi was the one who said "Come to China town".

If anyone bothered to look at CDC YoY deaths for US for the last 4 years, it appears the whole underlying version of everything to you seems to be the severity of a virus that nobody would know existed unless the mainstream media keenly reminded everyone of it.

Before the election Gavin Newsom governor of California was telling people they need to wear masks while they eat, pulling the mask down temporarily to put the food into mouth. Conditions for coming out of lockdown included things about the amount of tree canopies in certain areas. Newsom closed down all Vineyard except his own. There's plenty more like that. Now, after his "re-election" and enforcing very strict rules about who can see who, when and how, Newsom has been caught having a meal out with several acquaintances and not abiding by his own rules.

Hardly anyone in California actually believes that Newsom won. The only difference between CA and Venezuela in this respect, is that people can say this in the open at the moment, whereas in Venezuela everyone can think it while Maduro starves and kills you.

HOLA443

Is your argument here that the George Floyd aftermath made Trump so popular and such a firm favourite to win re-election, that he must have secretly been taking advice from Neil Kinnock on how to "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?"

After the death of a man who was high on fentanyl and had previously robbed a pregnant woman at gunpoint, to get worldwide coordinated protests surprised even you.

Are you suggesting that I'm normally very good at predicting when protests will occur?

I think it was at least a few days before anyone alleged anything about fentanyl and criminal record. The protests were about kneeling on the neck of a suspect.

Trump was goaded, goaded and goaded some more.

Was he, or was he goading his opponents? The Floyd incident was something completely knew. BLM had already existed for several years, and opponents had been goading them with all lives matter or blue lives matter for years.

Was Trump central to anyone's protests, or did Trump make himself central to them? 

There was the CHAZ in seattle (look it up), where murder, rape and robbery occurred. It's as though they wanted to p*ss him off enough into calling insurrection act.

Eventually when this made the Democrats look bad and their ratings fell

CHAZ was widely covered. Who are you referring to by "they?" The accelerationists in CHAZ, who wanted Trump to get re-elected to hasten revolution, or the Democrats? 

HOLA444

In the US looting, burning and murdering ensued. Trump was goaded, goaded and goaded some more. He offered the National Guard to the Democrats in control of these areas and it was consistently refused so the situation got worse, BLM / Antifa were attacking Democrat politicians, such as firebombing mayor Ted Wheeler's apartment building, where kids also live. There was the CHAZ in seattle (look it up), where murder, rape and robbery occurred. It's as though they wanted to p*ss him off enough into calling insurrection act.

Eventually when this made the Democrats look bad and their ratings fell and they decided to accept the offer of National Guard. Many businesses, including black owned, had been burnt to the ground.

The president does not offer the National Guard. They are controlled by the states themselves.

HOLA445

Is your argument here that the George Floyd aftermath made Trump so popular and such a firm favourite to win re-election, that he must have secretly been taking advice from Neil Kinnock on how to "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?"

?...No. I said that Trump's ratings were at pre-covid levels just before Floyd. Some months later they were unaffected by Floyd, while people now feared for their neighborhoods getting looted and burnt by Antifa / BLM.

Are you suggesting that I'm normally very good at predicting when protests will occur?

This reply is literally in response to where I said that even you were surprised that the Floyd protests were worldwide, not when they were.

Was he, or was he goading his opponents? The Floyd incident was something completely knew. BLM had already existed for several years, and opponents had been goading them with all lives matter or blue lives matter for years.

If offering the National Guard to a Democrat controlled area that is being looted and burnt for the offer to be refused is goading to you.

If you think all lives matter or blue lives matter having peaceful rallies is goading. If you have a problem with the concept of all lives matter. Blue lives matter is a response to defund the police.

BLM consists mostly of whites by the way.

CHAZ was widely covered. Who are you referring to by "they?" The accelerationists in CHAZ, who wanted Trump to get re-elected to hasten revolution, or the Democrats? 

Jenny Dhurkan Democrat called it a "block party" but I suppose it's worth you trying to make people think CHAZ was Trump's doing as this is not a US forum.

HOLA446
HOLA447

No. As I already said, his ratings already were at pre-covid levels just before George Floyd.

You said: "By June his ratings went back up to where they were pre-COVID. The George Floyd incident happened shortly after" but Floyd died on 25th May. So his death might have contributed to June ratings.

But if Trump was already at pre-Covid approval ratings and the Floyd incident/aftermath made him more popular, why did he subsequently become less popular?

Depends what ratings you are looking at. If you look at CNN Trump was always behind as these polls are stacked against him, always were, just like in 2016 when the controlled government didn't calculate how much vote fraud they needed to do. Just before the 2020 election his approval rating was was 52% to 53%, which usually denotes an electoral win by historical standards. Many polls that were stacked against him were coming up with him being in the lead prior to the election.

Also USA is such a large country that it almost has dual seasons. He tested the heck out of the US, but that was never good enough, nothing ever is for people who think if it rains it's his fault.

Probably the best measure is an average of polls. Some polls will be biased, intentionally or unintentionally, and the average will remove at least some of that bias. Unless polls are getting more biased over time, the trend of the average of polls will tell you something. 

e.g. maybe if the average of polls say Biden 55-45 Trump, the truth is 50-50, but if it changes to Biden 57-43, that probably indicates an improvement for Biden.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Biden was on about 52-53% and Trump 45% according to the average of polls. Which poll(s) were you referring to?

It's normal for the electorate to blame things like rain on the incumbent (e.g. Woodrow Wilson and the Jersey Shore shark attacks of 1916 - look it up).

This is exactly what I mean. The fact that Trump sent a huge hospital ship to NY which Cuomo ignored while sending C19 into care homes seems to be irrelevant to you. In the US the areas the locked down the most have suffered by far the worse outcome. New York a prime example.

Have you adjusted for New York having a large urban area and having a lot of international travel? I think that explains why it was hit earlier and more severely. Subsequently a lot of more rural states have being doing worse.

I don't claim Trump did nothing. The point is that was firmly against many of the measures that could have helped. He argued America should return to normal at Easter, he argued against masks, etc.

Also irrelevant to you seem to be how at the very start he closed incoming travel from China and the Democrats told him this was racist.

No. They judged him to be xenophobic, based on previous actions (e.g. "Mexico is sending rapists and murderers" and "We have stop letting Muslims into this country until we can figure out what the hell is going on") and concluded that this was motivated by xenophobia or racism. Nobody knows what his motivation was for closing down travel from China. 

But Trump would have been briefed that the virus had already reached the USA from China before that point and would continue to be spread from other countries. So he would have known that other measures would have been required. Why was he so opposed to other measures?

Not once have you criticized the Democrats for this over a virus which you apparently take seriously. Nancy Pelosi was the one who said "Come to China town".

Yes I have. I said I thought it was very silly that the Democrats didn't condemn the BLM protests. 

Pelosi's comments were stupid. But Trump has consistently argued that restaurants should re-open (i.e. Trump wanted people to go to China town most of the year). Trump is actually President. His actions are far more important than the comments of the likes of Pelosi.

Before the election Gavin Newsom governor of California was telling people they need to wear masks while they eat, pulling the mask down temporarily to put the food into mouth. Conditions for coming out of lockdown included things about the amount of tree canopies in certain areas. Newsom closed down all Vineyard except his own. There's plenty more like that. Now, after his "re-election" and enforcing very strict rules about who can see who, when and how, Newsom has been caught having a meal out with several acquaintances and not abiding by his own rules.

Hardly anyone in California actually believes that Newsom won.

Was he involved in a scandal in 2018?

HOLA448
HOLA449

?...No. I said that Trump's ratings were at pre-covid levels just before Floyd. Some months later they were unaffected by Floyd, while people now feared for their neighborhoods getting looted and burnt by Antifa / BLM.

I was assuming that you acknowledged that Trump's ratings fell at least a little, from June to November. 

Early April - Trump's disapproval is just under 50%

Late June - it's up to 56%

It stays above 52% subsequently

Do you think more people disapproved of him, or do you think polls introduced a lot of systematic bias in June and reduced it a little subsequently?

If offering the National Guard to a Democrat controlled area that is being looted and burnt for the offer to be refused is goading to you.

If you think all lives matter or blue lives matter having peaceful rallies is goading. If you have a problem with the concept of all lives matter. Blue lives matter is a response to defund the police.

BLM consists mostly of whites by the way.

But what was happening around the time that offers of the National Guard were being made? There were peaceful protesters being beaten. Trump tweeted: "When the looting starts, the shooting starts." Trump was commenting on how there was violence in Democrat areas, implying that Democrats were the reason, when one might just as well conclude that people who want to do property damage, burn, loot, clash with cops etc. will do so in cities rather than small towns or villages.

I think it's probably generally true that counter-protests are goading. Anti-Trump protesters who went to the march at the weekend should have been considered goading. It's quite straightforward when one side organises an event. But I don't think there were any such events, so I don't see how anyone could know who was goading who first. But it's clear various different groups were goading each other.

I think "black lives matter" is generally considered to mean that black lives don't seem to matter as much as whites (I think I have already said that the police violence is a small part of this and the main issues are other forms of discrimination. I think this is implicit and perhaps they could do a better job of highlighting differences in life expectancy, prison sentences etc.), but they should. I agree that will be equally popular with black supremacists, though I expect they are in a very small minority.

The response that "all lives matter" would definitely be making if there is reason to believe black supremacists are a big movement. But otherwise seems often to be based on a misconception ("we think you think only black lives matter") or a deliberate attempt to goad them ("We know black lives matter is about blacks mattering as much as whites, but we're going to pretend we think it means you think only black lives matter to goad you").

I don't like slogans precisely because they are so prone to these sorts of misunderstandings or misrepresentations. 

Jenny Dhurkan Democrat called it a "block party" but I suppose it's worth you trying to make people think CHAZ was Trump's doing as this is not a US forum.

I didn't say CHAZ was Trump's doing. I referred to "accelerationists in CHAZ, who wanted Trump to get re-elected to hasten revolution." Trump wants to get re-elected, but not so that he will subsequently be forced out in a revolution.

Dhurkan wasn't in CHAZ. Calling it a block party sounds like trying to brush it off, which is different.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Not once have you criticized the Democrats for this over a virus which you apparently take seriously.

I criticised them just 20 hours ago on the previous page of this thread:

I agree they were wrong not to condemn the protests for the risk of spreading the virus, but do you think their apparent hypocrisy on this improved Trump's ratings? 

HOLA4412

I think "black lives matter" is generally considered to mean that black lives don't seem to matter as much as whites.

That's the idea of BLM, which is largely made up of white liberals, not of black people per se. The demand for racism far outstrips supply.

Yup, boring. As boring as Bubba Wallace garage door pull race bating hoax. As boring as asking the president with more black voters for Republicans in decades, to denounce white supremacy 1000+ times.

Better ask another 1000 times, just to make sure.

HOLA4413

I criticised them just 20 hours ago on the previous page of this thread:

What you are replying to was the following:

Also irrelevant to you seem to be how at the very start he closed incoming travel from China and the Democrats told him this was racist. Not once have you criticized the Democrats for this over a virus which you apparently take seriously.

This is literally there on the 2nd post down from top of this thread.

HOLA4414

Yup, boring. 

I certainly agree it might mean something else or be interpreted a different way, so I'd be interested to hear alternative interpretations.

Almost as boring as asking the president with more black voters for Republicans in decades, to denounce white supremacy 1000+ times.

Better ask another 1000 times, just to make sure.

Is a candidate less racist if they receive more votes from blacks? That would imply that Trump is less racist than previous Republican candidates, but more racist than Biden.

But is it necessarily true? Maybe some blacks were voting for Trump for other reasons. Or maybe they didn't realise Trump was racist.

When Trump is asked to denounce white supremacy and says "yes, but it's not really a problem... Antifa..." is he genuinely denouncing white supremacy, or he is goading people?

HOLA4415

What you are replying to was the following:

Also irrelevant to you seem to be how at the very start he closed incoming travel from China and the Democrats told him this was racist. Not once have you criticized the Democrats for this over a virus which you apparently take seriously.

This is literally there on the 2nd post down from top of this thread.

So you acknowledge that I criticise the Democrats for not taking the virus seriously, but you take issue with the fact that I didn't do so at the very start.

When exactly was the very start?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Yes, Trumps ratings were helped by it.

After the death of a man who was high on fentanyl and had previously robbed a pregnant woman at gunpoint, to get worldwide coordinated protests surprised even you. I think the cops were dodgy too, one of them used to work as security in the same club that Floyd did.

In the US looting, burning and murdering ensued. Trump was goaded, goaded and goaded some more. He offered the National Guard to the Democrats in control of these areas and it was consistently refused so the situation got worse, BLM / Antifa were attacking Democrat politicians, such as firebombing mayor Ted Wheeler's apartment building, where kids also live. There was the CHAZ in seattle (look it up), where murder, rape and robbery occurred. It's as though they wanted to p*ss him off enough into calling insurrection act.

Eventually when this made the Democrats look bad and their ratings fell and they decided to accept the offer of National Guard. Many businesses, including black owned, had been burnt to the ground.

Some point after this was another police shooting in Kenosha WI, where an individual who happened to be black was under arrest for sexual assault and grabbed a knife during arrest, got shot. This was again used as pretext for more riots and burning, this time in Kenosha.

Trumps ratings were abysmal.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I see you like corporate backed polls.

Assuming the polls were wrong in April when 50% disapproved Trump and 46% approved, and they were also wrong in July when 56% disapproved and 40% approved, the move still tells us he almost certainly became less popular over that period.

HOLA4420

Assuming the polls were wrong in April when 50% disapproved Trump and 46% approved, and they were also wrong in July when 56% disapproved and 40% approved, the move still tells us he almost certainly became less popular over that period.

Polls also change their methods to suit the outcome they look for. I mentioned earlier on here that polls that are stacked against Trump had him ahead just before the election.

It's a bit like how on the election day itself some machines did not show Trump on the first page of choices, but revealed with a "More" button rather close to the Biden button.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/El7SaKOVoAAFsPL?format=jpg&name=medium

El7SaKOVoAAFsPL.thumb.jpg.b3559d6e5e511b2f0358ec9641d00520.jpg

I mentioned this on election day itself, as well as the poll watchers being excluded (which has now shown to be a synchronized occurrence at the same time nationwide).

I do understand this is how you roll, that none of this was an issue to you at the time, and likely isn't now either. That's what his thread is about (or has become about).

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

How's the overturning of the preliminary results/calls going? I believe you were certain that was going to happen.

What are you talking about the only people who have called it are the Main Stream Media.

The Doofuses on the video over 2700 missing votes not an issue to you then? Nah didn't think they would be!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

What are you talking about the only people who have called it are the Main Stream Media.

Yes, the mainstream medial called it. You said that was premature, and it would be overturned. How is the overturning going?

Archived