House Price Crash Forum

A million new houses should be built just for workers under 40

HOLA441
1 hour ago, longgone said:

well once you perfect your game do let me know. that could be a plan A for m. 

It's simple really, if you have money make sure it's not around at pension age, even blowing it all pre pension age is an option for me, sleeping in a  gutter screaming "I'm a victim " comes later 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
10 minutes ago, inbruges said:

It's simple really, if you have money make sure it's not around at pension age, even blowing it all pre pension age is an option for me, sleeping in a  gutter screaming "I'm a victim " comes later 

ah well 28 years to wait then . that`s a depressing thought ?

HOLA443
17 hours ago, inbruges said:

Good introduction by yourself ? even if I do say so myself.

The only thing I ask in the UK is a property MARKET, we seem to have totally misunderstood the word MARKET where property is involved. I want different people, entrepreneurs, house buildings, overseas pre fab companies, creative clever people fighting each other to get my business and money in a highly competitive  quality market. 

Instead we are living in a country which offers us dross and makes us feel honoured to load ourselves up with debt in order to get in on the action that is being controlled by a builders cartel, politicians and bankers for doing nothing. On a scale of 1 to a 100 with 100 being the biggest earners I easily reach 95, yet the options for homes is near to zero.

I look at motorbikes, holidays, Time trial cycles, weekend trips, cars, food etc etc and 1000's of companies are fighting themselves with their quality products to entice me, and they are all quality these days and I can afford the lot. Yet property, a simple product made of a few walls, floors, roof, plumbing and electrics  and yet we are all playing some game which nobody fully understands that also involves speculation, BOE base rates and a huge dose of meddling politics.

Two differences from normal markets, is that in your motorbike example

a) If there is more demand for motorbikes, more are made

b) You don't have to pay unlimited amount via taxes for special people to rent motorbikes (which is what happens with housing, bearing in mind there is a limited supply this is really bad).

HOLA444
On 25/06/2018 at 11:25, Timbuk3 said:

Why under 40, there's plenty of over 40's still renting and no hope of getting a house to live in permanently. 

+1 .

Why not build more council housing /Housing Assoc. homes for all those struggling to pay high private rents irrespective of age criteria? AND offer lifetime tenancies rather than just the 10 year time limit.

HOLA445
HOLA446
25 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Wow, it's a bad day to be 49 today.  Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle.  Paying for f**king boomers to continue to have the easiest ride of any generation in history.

Tax over-40s for old age care, say MPs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44621047

I'm not sure what you mean by that? It seems they're talking about robbing boomers with decent pensions too.

Do they think to ask the intended recipients of this care whether or not they want it or would prefer to be left in peace?

I worry more about how to fight off the nanny state, rather than how to take advantage of it.

Edited by Bruce Banner