House Price Crash Forum

Friends in high places....

HOLA441
On 25/04/2017 at 5:44 PM, nome said:

We should compile a list of Politicians/Central Bankers both UK and European who have all worked for commercial investment banks (post and/or prior to their political career)

It would make interesting infuriating  reading, and I imagine be quite an extensive list.

I think this is a jolly good idea! In fact, further to this, I think we should create a Wikipedia page, something like "List_of_UK_cabinet_ministers_with_connections_to_finance".

I would suggest that it might be a table, with the following five columns:

(1) Name (party)

(2) Dates served in the cabinet. The table would be ordered by date the person first entered the cabinet, and alphabetically on last name for people who entered the same year

(3) Cabinet position(s) held

(4) Connections to the finance industry before or during serving in the cabinet (including close family ties)

(5) Connections or finance jobs acquired after leaving the cabinet. Remuneration, if known.

We need to follow proper Wikipedia etiquette and make sure all information has reliable sources cited. Such a page could become a useful resource for journalists as well, once it starts to get comprehensive for the last few years.

Does this sound like a practical plan? What should be changed to make it better? Nome, would you be willing to start a thread on the main page so we can debate the idea and gather data before making the wiki page itself?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
11 hours ago, Toast said:

I think this is a jolly good idea! In fact, further to this, I think we should create a Wikipedia page, something like "List_of_UK_cabinet_ministers_with_connections_to_finance".

I would suggest that it might be a table, with the following five columns:

(1) Name (party)

(2) Dates served in the cabinet. The table would be ordered by date the person first entered the cabinet, and alphabetically on last name for people who entered the same year

(3) Cabinet position(s) held

(4) Connections to the finance industry before or during serving in the cabinet (including close family ties)

(5) Connections or finance jobs acquired after leaving the cabinet. Remuneration, if known.

We need to follow proper Wikipedia etiquette and make sure all information has reliable sources cited. Such a page could become a useful resource for journalists as well, once it starts to get comprehensive for the last few years.

Does this sound like a practical plan? What should be changed to make it better? Nome, would you be willing to start a thread on the main page so we can debate the idea and gather data before making the wiki page itself?

You've already taken the idea further than I thought and I don't have the techy skills or the time to set up and research such an undertaking, I'm quite happy for you to start a thread on this.

It would be great to see a wiki page (or twitter account?) dedicated to the subject, not that most of the morons out there would understand or care about the insidious but all powerful control that the banks/bankers have over our economy and society.

HOLA446
21 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

When you put it like that, you have to wonder why ?

it is exactly the same in the UK, no one wants to vote for the only person who can stop the bankers, Corbyn.

Sorry to sound so defeatist but I think the banks, corporations and wealthy elite have such overwhelming control of not just the economy but pretty much the WHOLE of society that even if by some freak miracle Corbyn did get into power I still don't think he'd be capable of significantly changing anything.

HOLA447
12 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

Read about the French Empire and Algeria in particular.

I'm well aware of both. Your comment still makes no sense.

She had no political forefathers, shared few of her father's views and at no point supported immigration from the third world.

Other than that........

HOLA448
7 minutes ago, WinstonSmith said:

I'm well aware of both. Your comment still makes no sense.

She had no political forefathers, shared few of her father's views and at no point supported immigration from the third world.

Other than that........

Why did she not start her own party instead of joining the Front National which was founded in opposition to the end of union with Algeria?