House Price Crash Forum

Can't upload a bear!

Mrs Bear

HOLA441

I came onto this topic ready help out.

But it seems incompletely misread it.  While I may have been able to assist with what I thought to be a beer problem, I have barely any bear capability to bring to bear...

HOLA442
15 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

You made me think of Edward. My first bear. He's almost 59 now...here he is one of the few things I always keep :)

IMG_0020.JPG

He looks v much like my brother's Tid, as he was known. Only perhaps yours has a bit more fur. 

Brother was too heartless to want him once he grew up, so he has a home with us. 

HOLA443
19 minutes ago, Mrs Bear said:

He looks v much like my brother's Tid, as he was known. Only perhaps yours has a bit more fur. 

Brother was too heartless to want him once he grew up, so he has a home with us. 

Bit hairy and f8cking large feet, like my ex wife.:o

HOLA444
HOLA445
17 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

I had three teddies as a bairn - until my eight birthday that is.

That's when me dad decided that I was to old for such things, and ordered me mam to throw them all in the bin - which she did.

I cried for days afterwards.

Years later, as we finally started to get along with each-other, and forgave the other's mistakes, I asked him why he did this.

"Well me and yer mam didn't want you growing-up a poof now did we son..?"

To this day I still can't think of a suitable response to that.

Other than to state that - based on his logic - I'm assuming me aunty and uncle must've given our Stephen a shed-full of the furry bastads...!

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

How cruel of your folks, XYY! 

To this day a daughter of mine can't understand how a friend of hers chucked all her teddies in the bin one day, because 'I don't use them any more.' 

Having said that, our two had masses and masses of soft toys, which mostly stayed here after they left home.  Except for the real old favourites, most of them went in gash bags in the loft, until we had to clear it for re-insulating. 

Then had the idea of asking Battersea Dogs' Home whether they'd like any, rather than the sacrilege of just chucking them.  We had friends whose dogs liked carrying soft toys around - that is except for their Westie, who'd just try to kill them before chewing them up. 

Battersea said yes please - except for any with polystyrene bead filling - their dogs do enjoy them.  So Mr B took a big gash bag full to Battersea.  Certainly beat just chucking them out. 

HOLA446
Just now, Mrs Bear said:

How cruel of your folks, XYY! 

To this day a daughter of mine can't understand how a friend of hers chucked all her teddies in the bin one day, because 'I don't use them any more.' 

Having said that, our two had masses and masses of soft toys, which mostly stayed here after they left home.  Except for the real old favourites, most of them went in gash bags in the loft, until we had to clear it for re-insulating. 

Then had the idea of asking Battersea Dogs' Home whether they'd like any, rather than the sacrilege of just chucking them.  We had friends whose dogs liked carrying soft toys around - that is except for their Westie, who'd just try to kill them before chewing them up. 

Battersea said yes please - except for any with polystyrene bead filling - their dogs do enjoy them.  So Mr B took a big gash bag full to Battersea.  Certainly beat just chucking them out. 

They didn't know any better Mrs B.

A conversation me and me dad had many years later kind of made it all make sense.

I'd asked him why he'd shown my sister lots of affection - she had a room-full of teddies until she left home - but had been much stricter and harsher with me.

His reply was that she would simply marry a bloke and knock out kids - whereas I had to be a man and support a wife and family.

And from his point of view, that was 100% correct.

Unfortunately, the world he trained me for had all but disappeared when I was old enough to step out on my own.

He was lucid for ten minutes or so when I visited him in hospital on Friday afternoon, and he beckoned me to his bedside. We cuddled. That has only ever happened once before - discounting all the times we were full of drink - and I told him I loved him and kissed him on the cheek. That certainly has NEVER happened before - drunk or sober.

He tried speaking, and me mam pulled the oxygen-mask down so we could hear him. She asked him what he wanted - and he replied "Nothing - I've just been given everything I always wanted..."

Complicated things between fathers and sons sometimes - but I am going to miss him like hell when he goes.

Mind you, the way the stubborn old bugger keeps pulling-through, that may be a fair while yet..!

:)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish Proverb

HOLA447
3 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

They didn't know any better Mrs B.

A conversation me and me dad had many years later kind of made it all make sense.

I'd asked him why he'd shown my sister lots of affection - she had a room-full of teddies until she left home - but had been much stricter and harsher with me.

His reply was that she would simply marry a bloke and knock out kids - whereas I had to be a man and support a wife and family.

And from his point of view, that was 100% correct.

Unfortunately, the world he trained me for had all but disappeared when I was old enough to step out on my own.

He was lucid for ten minutes or so when I visited him in hospital on Friday afternoon, and he beckoned me to his bedside. We cuddled. That has only ever happened once before - discounting all the times we were full of drink - and I told him I loved him and kissed him on the cheek. That certainly has NEVER happened before - drunk or sober.

He tried speaking, and me mam pulled the oxygen-mask down so we could hear him. She asked him what he wanted - and he replied "Nothing - I've just been given everything I always wanted..."

Complicated things between fathers and sons sometimes - but I am going to miss him like hell when he goes.

Mind you, the way the stubborn old bugger keeps pulling-through, that may be a fair while yet..!

:)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish Proverb

You'll have some special memories,  then, once he's gone.  

My mother didn't know me at all for a long time time before she died, didn't respond to anything.  Mind you she was 97 and had had dementia for ages. 

How old is your dad?  

HOLA448
HOLA449
50 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Your bear picture is lovely Mrs B. They don't make many like that anymore! Good idea to give run of the mill soft toys to a dogs home. Sometimes the charity shops here have notices on the door.....No soft toy donations please ?

Yes it is nice; just about worth the anxiety and lack of sleep she has caused me this weekend wondering whether the teddy bear picture would be uploaded.

HOLA4410
3 hours ago, Mrs Bear said:

You'll have some special memories,  then, once he's gone.  

My mother didn't know me at all for a long time time before she died, didn't respond to anything.  Mind you she was 97 and had had dementia for ages. 

How old is your dad?  

He was 74 on the 17th of January.

Have just got back from the hospital, and the doctors have confirmed that the treatments are to cease - this was at the request of my mother, and is fully in accordance with the wishes of my father - and it is now a case of keeping him comfortable until it ends.

The registrar has told us that with what they give him, he will not suffer.

So happy I got that special moment on Friday.

Thanks to all of you off-topicers for cheering me up with the craic and banter on here - I might not contribute much over the coming days, but I'll be lurking..!

Andy

HOLA4411
5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Have just got back from the hospital, and the doctors have confirmed that the treatments are to cease - this was at the request of my mother, and is fully in accordance with the wishes of my father - and it is now a case of keeping him comfortable until it ends.

Thanks to all of you off-topicers for cheering me up with the craic and banter on here - I might not contribute much over the coming days, but I'll be lurking..!

Andy

If we had "likes"; you would have a "like"  Best wishes XYY.

HOLA4412
23 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Andy

Seriously XYY - I've been through what you're going through. See if you can be there in the last hours of your Dad's life. I sat by the bed as my Dad took his final breaths on a morphine drip affair.  I held his hand, while a nurse held the other hand from the other side. Breathing becomes slower, deeper, with bigger gaps between the breaths. Then stops. All over. Nothing to be anxious about.

The very experienced nurse told me that the hearing is the very last thing to go, so be aware of what you say. It was an experience I'm glad I undertook, and I won't forget. 

All the very best.

HOLA4413

Archived