House Price Crash Forum

70 % Drops In Liverpool ...............

GAL BEAR

HOLA441

:o

I know this has been posted already but I had to ask.

On last nights HOW TO BE A PROPERTY DEVELOPER the Irish Property Developer guy who is monitoring those two dopey old badgers,(this is name Mr Gal Bear gives to 'ropey' looking women) as they make a

complete abortion of property development said that SOME areas of LIVERPOOL's house prices have dropped by 70% !!!!

I nearly fell of the sofa with shock.

Does anyone on here know if this is true ?

He also said 'the market has crashed' since last year ! Not sure if he meant in Liverpool or the

whole country in general.

It looks like this was filmed mid-summer however.

It doesn't seem to match the figures we are getting from the VI's.

Still, even if it isn't true, lots of members of JOE PUBLIC will have heard it so can't be bad. !!!! :lol:

HOLA442

On last nights HOW TO BE A PROPERTY DEVELOPER the Irish Property Developer guy who is monitoring those two dopey old badgers,(this is name Mr Gal Bear gives to 'ropey' looking women) as they make a

complete abortion of property development said that SOME areas of LIVERPOOL's house prices have dropped by 70% !!!!

He also said 'the market has crashed' since last year ! Not sure if he meant in Liverpool or the

Still, even if it isn't true, lots of members of JOE PUBLIC will have heard it so can't be bad. !!!! :lol:

Sadly, I think the fact that you are asking the question on a website which picks up on every shred of info on the housing market indicates that there is little truth in this statement. If there was, it would be well known already on here.

I wouldn't be surprised if the market segment which has dropped 17% (let's face it, there is NO WAY anything has dropped by 70%) is new build flats in Liverpool. They have probably dropped by as much everywhere, but the truth is hidden in the spin and discount fraud deals the builders have been doing.

As for the 'C' word, I reckon he was getting at the drop in volume in the market generally rather than price drops.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Perhaps the HPC groupies are ignoring the 500% rises? The 30k to 135k that I have seen in the last four years.

And no - I have not seen any 70% drops.

On that program he said the property market had slowed (true), then he said it had screeched to a halt (reasonable accurate) then he said it had crashed (total f**king boll0cks!).

For example, I have just bought a 3 bed terraced for 92,500 (5k below the auction reserve). This will have 10k refurb and sell for somewhere in the region of 115k - 122k.

These properties were going for 135k a year ago. (a 10% drop, but if we really went to town on the refurb we might hit 130k).

HOLA4410

Perhaps the HPC groupies are ignoring the 500% rises? The 30k to 135k that I have seen in the last four years.

On that program he said the property market had slowed (true), then he said it had screeched to a halt (reasonable accurate) then he said it had crashed (total f**king boll0cks!).

For example, I have just bought a 3 bed terraced for 92,500 (5k below the auction reserve). This will have 10k refurb and sell for somewhere in the region of 115k - 122k.

These properties were going for 135k a year ago. (a 10% drop, but if we really went to town on the refurb we might hit 130k).

Well, 135k to 115k is a 15% drop, which tallies well with what he PROBABLY said: 17% drop.

HOLA4411
or example, I have just bought a 3 bed terraced for 92,500 (5k below the auction reserve). This will have 10k refurb and sell for somewhere in the region of 115k - 122k.

or example, I have just bought a 3 bed terraced for 92,500 (5k below the auction reserve). This will have 10k refurb and sell for somewhere in the region of 80-85k in 12 months.

there. thats better.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

:lol::lol::lol:

Couldn't you just sell it to me for 70-75 now and cut out the waiting?

I also saw the program last night and nearly fell of the sofa... I live in liverpool and there has been some downwards movement in price on very very overpriced property but nothing like seventy percent.

HOLA4414

it was a dubbing mistake. the soundtrack was running backwards.

it was 70% rises.

No, no he said one hundred and seventy percent but I think he really meant one hundred and seventeen percent (117% drop would be believable but 170% drop would be just ridiculous)....

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I am of the opinion that 70% is over optimistic but achieveable

but it he did say

"In some parts of Liverpool properties are selling 70% lower than they were last year"

Lets do the math!

Find a shithole area (name withheld for not wanting to upset) and I mean areas where the dogs employ bodyguards!

A local person who knows that KEVLAR is the clothing of choice would pay £30K max for the 2 up 2 down. It's a crack den and burnt out with every window smashed. In the same street, there is a nice house 2 up 2 down and a total outsider sees a house for £100K thats professionally refurbished by a good PD. He offers 100K coz its a great looking property and he does not know the area. To a Londoner or SE guy - £100k is a snip. To us scousers its grossly overpriced for the area.

Thats 70% difference and it IS Possible.

EA's in Liverpool set all their houses with asking prices that mean every sale makes a new ceiling price. It used to be that the best house in the street commanded that bit more in the asking. Today they dont care if its a sh+thole - they still want a new ceiling price. To show you how f00ked up these b@stards are look at this.

1 30/11/2004 £50,000 Ter. F/H Map 18, Hollywood Road, Liverpool, Merseyside, L17 0DR

2 18/03/2004 £101,500 Ter. F/H Map 35, Hollywood Road, Liverpool, Merseyside, L17 0DR

50% difference!!! This makes 70% possible in a shyte area.

This is a nice area but the houses are pitiful. I went to see one 3 years ago and he wanted 38K for it. Needed totally updating inc. electrics. You walk straight into the living room - 8x8 and then there are stairs in that 8x8 area. Then there was a walkway to the kitchen - about 7 foot and then a kitchen 10ft by 5ft. Guess whats in the walkway between the living room and the kitchen?

A BATH!!!!! - I-SHIT-YOU-NOT!

You have a bath while your gran walks past with a cup of tea from Kitchen to Living BOX! It was not practical and worth £15K MAX imho.

My main thing is the accurancy of the programme. He did say that HE KNEW that someone bought that house for £20K less a few months area. This is true as I was tipped off about it myself. The auction was in London and not Liverpool. It does not show on LR figures but I can assure you - that is what was paid coz I know someone who went! There is not 1 inaccuracy on that programme and I think the IRISH GUY and CH5 are credible. I defy anyone to prove he was lying.

TB

HOLA4417

One of the reasons I was attracted to this site was the level headed posting unerpinned by fact obtained, for the most part, by painstaking research. I have to say guys that this fever, regarding one property, badly developed by the disinterested and amateurish, does not a crash prove. This presenter is as sensationalist as they come. 17% loss on one property does not a crash in the shadow of the Liver birds make. A bit of perspective please. BTL Making Money ,as an experiment I`d like to attempt to prove your BMV strategy wrong.

Could you post up the details of your recent purchase at auction, the road, price paid etc? If it`s that good and you`re positively shouting re. your abilities from every post, I`m sure you won`t mind subjecting your strategy to a bit of closer examination ;)

Channel 5 uses "C" word

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid=NEWS&cat=44

Edited by Converted Lurker

HOLA4418

For f*ck's sake are you really that desperate? One git's word isn't the truth.

I say The Martians Have Landed! Does that make it true?

This site is downtown Muppetville at times.

Duh!

HOLA4419

FRIEND BOUGHT A NEW BUILD, £150,000 6 months ago.. had been £170,000 asking price a year before that...

Now £130,000

I just made a £40,000 saving..

If I had bought it..

I didn't..

Making money in property has not been rocket science for a while..

but perhaps it has been a little too easy.. and you don't understand why you have made money

HOLA4420

For f*ck's sake are you really that desperate? One git's word isn't the truth.

I say The Martians Have Landed! Does that make it true?

This site is downtown Muppetville at times.

Duh!

Nobody told us that martians have landed.

Where and when is what I would like to know

Will bring my camera

PS. I dont believe in Muppets. They are fictional characters on telivision

Edited by Bill der

HOLA4421

Sadly, I think the fact that you are asking the question on a website which picks up on every shred of info on the housing market indicates that there is little truth in this statement. If there was, it would be well known already on here.

I wouldn't be surprised if the market segment which has dropped 17% (let's face it, there is NO WAY anything has dropped by 70%) is new build flats in Liverpool. They have probably dropped by as much everywhere, but the truth is hidden in the spin and discount fraud deals the builders have been doing.

As for the 'C' word, I reckon he was getting at the drop in volume in the market generally rather than price drops.

He was talking price drops - indeed he said the prices are falling on a daily basis - or words to that effect.

HOLA4422

Well I live in Liverpool and if you go into EA's you could be fooled that prices have actually slightly risen! I personally don't think anything above £100k is selling though and I have heard that people are taking offers considerably less than asking price. Some houses are still selling at ridiculously high prices though! No one is really talking of prices going down and if I mention anything to this affect I'm met with blank looks.

It can only be a matter of time before things correct - as prices have risen by 200% and above in some areas. How can you justify paying £120k for an ex-local authority house on a crap estate.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

MODERATORS: Sorry this is a dupe post but its applicable to both threads.

OFFERS ANYONE?

Asking Space: 500mb

Will accept offers over 460mb

This beautifully made programme will be perfect for any first time buyer. It is marketed at the young-professional downloader and is full of great financial ideas.

It is strongly recommended that you download from the link someone supplies, as we expect high demand for this beautiful programme.

No time wasters please. Dont miss the boat!!

RIGHT GUYS!!! AND GALS!!!!

I have copied my SKY+ recording to a downloadable AVI - DivX. I have left audio as PCM so everyone can CLEARLY hear him say -70%.

The full programme is 456MB

The clip where he says -70% is 4.6MB

Is there anyone that can HOST these files for other members to download?

I will gladly upload them to 1 person who can host on the proviso that they make the links available to all other HPC members.

So come on!!! - Ive done my bit - Had to DVD record from Sky+ box - Finalise DVD - Then DVD to AVI it and then edit out ads - took me a good few hours tonight.

So its up to some one else to offer the bandwidth.

TB