House Price Crash Forum

Bird Flu

uro_who

HOLA441

Did anyone notice that two, definite and one possible case of bird flu have been reported in Turkey. That's quite a jump from the far east.

Its also interesting that it was only two weeks after the first case in birds in Turkey a case was reported in the UK.

That'll put the virus amongst the pigeons. 50% mortaility rate so far. Houses, can't give em away.

HOLA442

Did anyone notice that two, definite and one possible case of bird flu have been reported in Turkey. That's quite a jump from the far east.

Its also interesting that it was only two weeks after the first case in birds in Turkey a case was reported in the UK.

That'll put the virus amongst the pigeons. 50% mortaility rate so far. Houses, can't give em away.

Its still pretty far east of here - turkey is a big place and this is east turkey.

Just remember all the planes that were going to drop out of the sky and computers going to melt down in 2000, sars aids sunburn and mad cow disease was going to kill us all.

Cant get concerned about this one

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

As far as I know the only suspected cases of bird flu in humans in Turkey were recently proved to have been pneumonia rather than bird flu as had been suspected.

As for bird flu moving closer to home, the official view is that there is so much international travel these days that once the virus mutates into a form that is easily transmitted from human to human it could reach the UK in days or even hours regardless of where in the world this mutation first occurs.

Consequently the UK arrangements place no greater emphasis on the arrival of bird flu in Europe, all the emphasis is instead on discovering incidences of human to human transmission.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Careful - you're in danger of using media spin to back up your arguments. They don't just spin in the housing market you know. Anything for a headline.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Was in Hong Kong last month - didn't fondle any chickens though :P

Masses of new builds and land reclamation though

Fizz

Edit - but have no idea what the property market is upto there? With or without impending bird flu

HOLA4411

Just remember all the planes that were going to drop out of the sky and computers going to melt down in 2000, sars aids sunburn and mad cow disease was going to kill us all.

Cant get concerned about this one

Was you to look back at history then you would discover that pandemics kill more people than wars. We have been lucky since penicillin was first discovered but it only “kills 99% of all know germs dead” and now the 1% have become the majority, fit mean killing machines so all we have done is brought some time and unless we discover a new silver bullet soon then nature will reduce our numbers from 6bn + down to a much lower figure.

This is biology, not a conspiracy and has been played out many times before on various forms of life. Man was not designed to cram onto the underground trains and live in Prescote style housing.

Now lets move away from nature and consider bio-weapons often referred to as “the poor mans atom bomb” ! Do you think I can splice the common cold virus with snake venom or has it already been done.

combining pox virus and snake venom -- that led U.S. scientists on a highly classified hunt for several months. The investigators assess that Iraq did not, as charged in London and Washington, resume production of its most lethal nerve agent, VX, or learn to make it last longer in storage. And they have found the former nuclear weapons program, described as a 'grave and gathering danger' by Bush and a 'mortal threat' by Cheney, in much the same shattered state left by U.N. inspectors in the 1990s." Bush LIED - Impeach Bush Now!

Bio-Warfare is nothing new !

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

There is another flu threat though that may be even more worrying

I hope you can see these articles.

here are the links

Link two

The 1918 flu virus spread across the world in three months and killed at least 40 million people. If it escaped from a lab today, the death toll could be far higher. “The potential implications of an infected lab worker – and spread beyond the lab – are terrifying,” says D. A. Henderson of the University of Pittsburgh, a leading biosecurity expert.

Bush does not care how many of his own people he kills so better start saving USD$ now so you can afford the antivirus.

People need to take the power back from these nutters that are milking, and starting to kill us before it becomes too late.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

here are the links

Link two

The 1918 flu virus spread across the world in three months and killed at least 40 million people. If it escaped from a lab today, the death toll could be far higher. “The potential implications of an infected lab worker – and spread beyond the lab – are terrifying,” says D. A. Henderson of the University of Pittsburgh, a leading biosecurity expert.

Bush does not care how many of his own people he kills so better start saving USD$ now so you can afford the antivirus.

People need to take the power back from these nutters that are milking, and starting to kill us before it becomes too late.

People will not be allowed to die untill they have paid off thier mortgages, credit cards and loans, the banks won't wear it. If you want to live, get a debt - quick.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

We have been lucky since penicillin was first discovered but it only “kills 99% of all know germs dead” and now the 1% have become the majority, fit mean killing machines so all we have done is brought some time and unless we discover a new silver bullet soon then nature will reduce our numbers from 6bn + down to a much lower figure.

Correct me if I am wrong (sometimes the case :rolleyes: )

I thought antibiotics were only effective against bacterial infection not viral.

HOLA4419

We have been lucky since penicillin was first discovered but it only “kills 99% of all know germs dead”

Ooh I got that one confused with Domestos :unsure:

Correct me if I am wrong (sometimes the case :rolleyes: )

I thought antibiotics were only effective against bacterial infection not viral.

Yes you're right.

As for it getting closer to the UK, well it's already been brought here. I don't understand why they had to test it for the H5N1 here. Surely there are closer laboratories ! :o

HOLA4420

According to Turkey's minister of health, the people that got Bird Flue 600 miles west got it from a glove used to handle the infected poultry in Anchora (or was it the other way round). Also, ducks don't fall ill with bird flu but they do carry it.

So you can get bird flu from any bird, even a healthy duck, or a glove used to handle sick chickens or healthy ducks.

If the virus can live on a glove and travel 600 miles before infecting someone else then its more contagious than we have so far been told, I think!.

Am I confused!.

My advice: Apparentley you don't get it if you eat an infected chicken if it has been thouroughley cooked.

How to cook a chicken.

Weigh chicken. Oven cook, 20 mins per pound + 20 mins at 200 degrees C for the chicken, another 20 mins for the salmenella and botchalism plus a further 2 Hrs at 250 C for the bird flu. Feed it to someone else, monitor for adverse reaction before tucking in yourself.

deano!

HOLA4421

So if humans can not past it to humans then why are all them people being shown in the hospitals wearing face masks and why was it reported months ago that a nurse contracted the bug from a patient and yet the we are still being told it has not jumped the species barrier.

Maybe we will soon get HN52,3,4 where only the Americans have the vaccines to deal with people that contract the virus and makes a ton of money in the process.

Sorry but after the events of 9-11 I wouldn’t put anything past them.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Justice, are you always this supiscious about everything?

Do you wear a tinfoil hat? ;):P;)

The way things are going , yes i do as i understand that money makes everything right

and capitalisms is not a natural partner to an open democracy.

Ask yourself why a course of chemotherapy costs so much and now convince yourself it’s all down to development costs when as many as 1 in 3 people get cancer. Makes you think does it not.

we are all being shafted on a daily basis

Archived