House Price Crash Forum

Fitted T - Shirt Recommendations.

HOLA441

I'm struggling to find anything suitable in the shops... I've got myself into shape past few years and lost 1.5 inches off the waist and a few pounds of muscle on top, my current summer t's look baggy and gaping so can anyone recommend some decent cotton ones that taper nicely into the waist.

Thanks ppl

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

A man is most attractive ro women with a beer belly overflowing his belt, and making the t-shirt look inadequate,

HOLA448

Yep, most t-shirts are made for obese men these days. Fruit of the Loom, as mentioned, on Amazon or ebay - price can go up and down considerably. Check hotukdeals.

Lidl occasionally have tapered t-shirts in but they come in white or black. Sometimes blue.

Check out the Fatface sale - but they are atill pricey.

I have mostly given up on t-shrts and gone for Helly Hansen wicking stuff.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Cling film is worth a try, keeps you warm, shows all the contours and can decorate to taste. ;)

I have some bubble-wrap Y-fronts.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

The Charles Wilson are slightly cheaper on ebay but there seems to have been a run on them. The v-necked t-shirts look nice. I will buy some of them once they are back in stock.

Anyone know the difference in quality between the premium t-shirt and the plain t-shirt? Is there a big difference or not?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Good choice. I suspect there must have been some May bank holiday sale last weekend as most places are sold out of the Charles Wilson - luckily, you have a girlish tom boyish size :lol:

I will order some once they have some v-necked ones in my size in.

They look good. If they are rubbish we can just gang up on HAM and blame him.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Coincidentally - I need to buy some new t-shirts; I looked at Amazon for Fruit of the Loom t-shirts (simply because I have an old one that's pretty tough) and I was amazed at how the reviews vary from one supplier to the next - remember, Amazon nowadays often serve as a front-end to third party sellers.

I saw seemingly identical t-shirts, which from one supplier were getting 5 star reviews, while on another seller the reviews were variations on "fell apart in the first wash".

What's happening here? My first thought was that some of the suppliers are actually selling Chinese knock-offs.

Anyone here got any experience of this?

HOLA4418

Coincidentally - I need to buy some new t-shirts; I looked at Amazon for Fruit of the Loom t-shirts (simply because I have an old one that's pretty tough) and I was amazed at how the reviews vary from one supplier to the next - remember, Amazon nowadays often serve as a front-end to third party sellers.

I saw seemingly identical t-shirts, which from one supplier were getting 5 star reviews, while on another seller the reviews were variations on "fell apart in the first wash".

What's happening here? My first thought was that some of the suppliers are actually selling Chinese knock-offs.

Anyone here got any experience of this?

If you look at the Amazon gillette razor blade reviews they are equally as mixed. Some people saying they got great blades and others claiming that they suspect they received Chinese copies. It seems to all depend on which seller you purchase from.

The fruit of the loom ones are confusing aren't they - it has put me off ordering them. As I posted above they apaprently sell their t-shirts in different weights and the superior premium looks the best weight material to go for. But, I guess, you are taking a chance on whom you are buying from on Amazon.

Always check that the retailer is either Amazon itself or a UK based business and not just a Chinese firm using a UK address.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest eight

We have feelings too.

It's short step from seeking out T-shirts whose size is denoted in something less approximate than a single letter, to thinking you might look good in a neon green plastic mesh vest. Trust me.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Just buy regular t-shirts and take them in a lttle. Shouldn't take 5 minutes on the sewing machine. An overlocker would be a bit quicker and give a nicer finish mind, but they are a bit pricier.

Good lord! Now men are talking of sewing machines, instead of lathes. :blink:

HOLA4425

Cheers guys, I've gone for the Charles wilson ones. Both long and short sleeves.

They've arrived and are fantastic thanks people. Maybe I should have ignored the sizing chart and gone for small though. They do fit really nicely, not baggy at all and compliment my frame.

:)

Archived